Randoooooomers hunkering down for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cleaning....not so much. I did a little. We're out of laundry soap. I buy the perfume free stuff, which is not cheap even the Target brand. The parents buy whatever is on sale. They ran out so they just used up all of mine. :| They'll replace, that's not the issue. I'm stuck at home with nothing to do and can't do any laundry. Or clean Wesley's box because I'm out of litter. I'm also out of diet Mt Dew. I really did not prepare for this blizzard! :madwife: :angry:

I stopped at Walgreen's on the way home from work for some necessities. Real important stuff: Conditioner, head band to keep hair away from face while shoveling and shoveling and shoveling......., magazine, popcorn, ice packs for knee.
I was gonna buy those no-slip things for the bottom of my boots so I don't slip like and fall like I did last year. I forgot to do that before I left work tonight :(

Wesley is on snow patrol right now. He wants to chase every single flake of snow that moves. There's currently at least one zillion moving at the same time so he's very busy and has no time for his mama :sad:

:cute: and :sad: all at the same time.

time to eat my words.....had to go outside to dig out my car. My dad was worried there's too much snow for the plow guys to care about not blocking me in. Usually they are nice about it and don't trap me in or if it's during the day they will ring the bell and move it for me or ask me to move it until they are done. I saw the cross streets in front of our streets and they are plowed with cars driving on them. So...that means if the plow comes overnight then I can work tomorrow. If my little neighborhood in front of the townhouses is already plowed then so is everything else.

Three layers of clothes on top and bottom plus hoodies up, scarf and headband on. I had little slits open for my eyes and that was it. The neighbors must be bored because we had an audience watching us in several houses. :der:

I stopped at Walgreen's on the way home from work for some necessities. Real important stuff: Conditioner, head band to keep hair away from face while shoveling and shoveling and shoveling......., magazine, popcorn, ice packs for knee.
I was gonna buy those no-slip things for the bottom of my boots so I don't slip like and fall like I did last year. I forgot to do that before I left work tonight :(

I'd say a magazine and popcorn is pretty important on a snow day! It's not the slippery icy snow so hopefully you won't have any problems. It's so windy out that even with well over a foot of snow, my car was completely clean.

I just saw the Giants vs. Vikings game was moved to Monday night due to blizzard. I don't remember anything like that happening ever.
If the Packers were playing at Lambeau tomorrow I wonder if they would play or if it too would be moved.
Here we go..........the closings are popping up now.

Ya know what is scaring me is that we still have rain. That water on the ground is gonna freeze...............freeze means ice under snow :(

I just saw the Giants vs. Vikings game was moved to Monday night due to blizzard. I don't remember anything like that happening ever.
If the Packers were playing at Lambeau tomorrow I wonder if they would play or if it too would be moved.
Here we go..........the closings are popping up now.

Lots of issues with tomorrow's game:

the opposing team is stuck in another state since our airport is closed.

The Dome has too much snow on top of it and needs to be cleared off so the roof doesn't cave in. I'm not sure how they do that nor would I ever want to have that job :crack:

If the roads are bad tomorrow then no one can get to the game. Though doubtful that attendance would cause them to postpone the game since it's sold out.

Even if the Giants were able to get into town tomorrow I think the snow on the roof is a huge issue right now.

Works for me because if I have to work my 2nd job tomorrow then I would miss the game.

They just took us out of the Blizzard Warning. We are still in a Winter Storm Warning and it is still gonna be crap but our predicted totals are down to 3-6 inches now. Thank you Lake Michigan effect. It is still raining here. To the north and west they already have 6 inches of snow.

Um yeah, I just saw the tweet about the snow on the metrodome. Cleaning that off is not a job I would care for either :no:

Wind is howling. There is snow out there but NOT what they said......I realize the storm warning goes all day, but so far so good...........at least as far as snow depth goes.
I peeked outside around 1 and it was still not snowing....it was sleeting so I think it is mightly slippery out there

:| The plow guys are here now doing our streets so I was able to get out of my neighborhood and drive down to the main intersection. However, the cross street was plowed recently and the snow is blocking me from making a left turn. I was barely able to turn around and come home. I was going to go a different way but decided that it's not worth it. There's a sheet of ice on top of the snow and the temps have dropped significantly since last night. Just as I was getting home my boss texted me back from last night :happy: saying we are open as usual today. I tried to call him but he shut his phone off. :sigh: So I texted him saying I'm still stuck in the 'hood. The last time it snowed (I think last Sunday) I barely made it into the parking lot at work. They plowed a few hours after I got there. So I'm a little concerned about that as well. I know the store will be open later and the roads will be cleaned up more so I'll just wait until noon when I need to go to job #2. I'm oh so screwed now since this is 2 days without pay on top of not being paid for being closed during the holidays. :angry:

:| The plow guys are here now doing our streets so I was able to get out of my neighborhood and drive down to the main intersection. However, the cross street was plowed recently and the snow is blocking me from making a left turn. I was barely able to turn around and come home. I was going to go a different way but decided that it's not worth it. There's a sheet of ice on top of the snow and the temps have dropped significantly since last night. Just as I was getting home my boss texted me back from last night :happy: saying we are open as usual today. I tried to call him but he shut his phone off. :sigh: So I texted him saying I'm still stuck in the 'hood. The last time it snowed (I think last Sunday) I barely made it into the parking lot at work. They plowed a few hours after I got there. So I'm a little concerned about that as well. I know the store will be open later and the roads will be cleaned up more so I'll just wait until noon when I need to go to job #2. I'm oh so screwed now since this is 2 days without pay on top of not being paid for being closed during the holidays. :angry:
Just be safe.

It is a sheet of ice here. I knew the heavy rain falling last night was gonna be a bad thing.
Just got the paper in. Scary.

guess the bakery wasn't able to open. What a bunch of crap. The donut maker wasn't able to make it in. He gets there about midnight. So I could have driven all the way out there only to find an empty kitchen. Sometimes I get there and he's gone already (or the other guy...they split the week. Both 65 year old men that used to work with each other long, long ago and lost contact. They are cute, gray haired, 5'5 and giddy over the fact that they work together again. I just love the fact that they are both so short!) anyways sometimes I walk in there alone :yikes: creeps me out but I'm never there alone for more than an hour since we open one hour after I start. So anyways I get a text over a half hour after I would have gotten there that we're actually closed. :angry: Glad I woke up and went out in the freezing cold in the middle of the night.

And the Dome collapsed :drool: Maybe now the dumb asses in this state that do not want a new stadium will rethink this. If not, guess I'll be cheering for an LA team in the coming years. :angry:

wow....wasn't expecting to come home to see those football scores! Sorry Shari. Hope Aaron is ok. But this Vikings fan is just super happy with how the day played out :D Just hope my boys can get a W tomorrow night.

My mom said Wesley was fine most of the time I was at work today but the last two hours I was out he sat in the entryway staring at the door. :heart::cute:

I :heart::heart::heart: my little boy! :drool:

Hope all your boys stay healthy but other than that you know where I stand :honesty:
After watching the Bears get pounded by NE yesterday and Aaron currently out healing from his second concussion of the season, I am :happy:extra nervous :happy: about next week when we play NE IN NE :yikes:

Off today and playing catch-up from yesterday when the knee pretty much put me in my place..........the bed with the leg up. It still isn't happy but I am making VERY deliberate moves esp. after not making a VERY deliberate move this a.m. :screech:. Moving so weight and movement is on medial side = all sorts of badness.

Back
Top Bottom