Random U2 Thoughts Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
grace-park.jpg

I agree.

There were some great guitar sounds back then.
I am reminded of Dave Gilmour's 'solo' at the beginning of Sorrow.
That was '87. Around the same time period.
That is one of the best guitar tones in the history of the world.

Now I can totally get behind praise of Sorrow. What a fucking incredible song with a great guitar tone.

wow, really? jesus!

I've always thought it was a really great song that would have fit quite well on Rattle And Hum had it been just a studio album or something. like Schloopen said, great guitar tone there and a solo at the end wouldn't have been out of place! It's not a lost classic but there are far worse songs out there, some of which have somehow made it onto albums...

Yeah. He's noodling on the outro, playing a cool line at 3:50 that sounds like it's about to bust wide open.

I agree.

There were some great guitar sounds back then.
I am reminded of Dave Gilmour's 'solo' at the beginning of Sorrow.
That was '87. Around the same time period.
That is one of the best guitar tones in the history of the world.

love it.

Outro lyrics on "Where Did It All Go Wrong?"

Google isn't helping.

"devil is the god"? for the last 2?

U2Wanderer reckons it's "did you lose the guy?"

I've always heard it as "did you lose the night?"

wow, really? jesus!

I've always thought it was a really great song that would have fit quite well on Rattle And Hum had it been just a studio album or something. like Schloopen said, great guitar tone there and a solo at the end wouldn't have been out of place! It's not a lost classic but there are far worse songs out there, some of which have somehow made it onto albums...

Totally agree, I love that song.

Frankly, I’ve always found that performance from Fergie embarrassing and cringe-worthy. Her voice is fine, and yes she looks pretty hot. But I find the incongruity of her antics on stage with the lyrics she’s singing to be highly annoying. It’s like some of the knucklehead kids on American Idol that sing songs like Folsom Prison Blues with a s*#%-eating grin on their face the whole time.

Not a fan of the Stones by any stretch of the imagination...and actually like Bruce a bit.

But from a purely musical standpoint, how tight the band is, how everyone syncs..

U2+Mick+Fergie on Gimme Shelter >>>>>>>> U2+Bruce+Patti on Because The Night

Especially Edge. I love Edge's solo on Gimme Shelter.

Also, Fergie's sharing the stage with the single most flamboyant front man since Freddie Mercury, who himself gyrates and struts on the same song, so who gives a fuck what she does?

The song does spin off into love being just a kiss away so...yeah..

I'm going to just take your word for it on the cat's meow, because I have no desire to go listen to the song to hear it for myself. Because that would involve listening to that song.

See, because I really don't like that song.

I dare say it's far and away my least favorite U2 song. I even like half-worked demos from the AB sessions more than Big Girls Are Best.

I thought it was appropriate to put something up relevant to this thread title.

I did that.

I posted "Because the Night" by U2, Patti Smith, & Bruce.

You posted a picture of a boney, malnourished 15 year old girl.

I think the fact Nick, looking for an image to go with the word 'beautiful', picked that one, creeps me out more than anything else I've seen on this forum. I like pictures of girls in underwear but that one is just weird.

I may be the only person here who first heard 'A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel' on 45 rpm vinyl! Yes, my friend's older brother for some reason had 'Angel of Harlem' on 45, and we heard the B-side that way.

Anyway, good song. Maybe a bit brash and they were way over-doing the 'American rock'n'roll roots' thing at the time, but a nice enough song.

Thanks Mods :)

Man, I don't think I even remember ARATHH apart from the first few notes.. all I recall that it was so bad that it's definitely skip worthy.

Back
Top Bottom