Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cori, did you make sure he's a fan of the correct Elbow albums?

Well, he is familiar with (and loves) the BBC version of The Seldom-Seen Kid, and that's all I needed to know.

If he could tell you we're obsessed with them, perhaps he was just being diplomatic?

They only came up once throughout the conversation, and I didn't tell him I loved them until after he made his initial pronouncement.

Did they get a decent crowd turnout? How was the overall response?

Crowd was really huge and loved every minute of it. What and Which stages are dark on Thursday night, so it's all eyes on the tents. They made a believer out of me and everyone else.

rugby-replay.gif

Ha, that's JB HiFi too. But yes, as I've mentioned many times, the price we have to pay for shit is ridiculous. Our iTunes is more than twice as expensive in some cases. I bought Yeezus off Kanye's site because it was $12. $17 on iTunes, $20 at JB.

"Due to unexpected illness, Social Distortion regrets to announce that they're canceling their show tomorrow, June 19th, at Webster Theater in Hartford, CT. The band regrets having to cancel, apologizes for the inconvenience and thanks all of their Connecticut fans for their continued support."

Well, that sucks.

Not quite. Probably 7 east coast shows total on the last 10 years? I was looking forward to not having to drive very far, as Hartford is much closer than Boston. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to stay home and play video games instead.

Unexpected illness is a tad redundant. What exactly would an expected illness be?

I feel really horrible. Yet another talent who I kept meaning to watch their big thing and just never got around to. I'd like to appreciate people while they're alive, you know?

Ah fuck.

Back
Top Bottom