Random Music Thread XXXIII: Laz Goes Tubing, Gets Run Over By Tugboat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The title works.

As for the Moz/Glastonbury thread, the thread starter seemed near the end just to be arguing that it is possible that Morrissey is aware of U2's existence. How it is possible to turn the inner workings of another person's consciousness into self-evident truth is beyond me.

The title works.

As for the Moz/Glastonbury thread, the thread starter seemed near the end just to be arguing that it is possible that Morrissey is aware of U2's existence. How it is possible to turn the inner workings of another person's consciousness into self-evident truth is beyond me.
The literal premise was that Morrisey is a big enough U2 fan that he would be following Adam's minor comments about their setlist plans, and that to recognize this ultimately insignificant news, he decided to cover a Lou Reed song because, hey, U2 used to play that like 18 years ago.

I'm not sure what is the most insane part of that. On the surface it's the fact that it's a Lou Reed song, but digging deeper I'm leaning towards the whole "I'll make setlist adjustments in reaction to this other band's future potential setlist adjustments" concept.

He posted in one of the threads "I wonder why Bono doesn't sing in falsetto anymore" and I asked if it was a nod to the fact Morrissey doesn't sing much in a falsetto and he said "maybe bitch".

He posted in one of the threads "I wonder why Bono doesn't sing in falsetto anymore" and I asked if it was a nod to the fact Morrissey doesn't sing much in a falsetto and he said "maybe bitch".

Normally, I'd say Don't Feed The Trolls, but he's not exactly a troll, he's just kind of an idiot.

I saw that. He's dead wrong too, Bono has never done a falsetto in The Fly during live performances. Only the studio version.

The literal premise was that Morrisey is a big enough U2 fan that he would be following Adam's minor comments about their setlist plans, and that to recognize this ultimately insignificant news, he decided to cover a Lou Reed song because, hey, U2 used to play that like 18 years ago.

I'm not sure what is the most insane part of that. On the surface it's the fact that it's a Lou Reed song, but digging deeper I'm leaning towards the whole "I'll make setlist adjustments in reaction to this other band's future potential setlist adjustments" concept.

I was particularly baffled while reading it by this fellow's contention that he knows Morrissey really well and therefore can say that Morrissey probably admires U2. I'm an enormous, almost embarrassingly avid Morrissey fan, and I have read troves of his interviews and blog posts. Based on all of that, I would be shocked if Morrissey held U2 in a favorable light. He is probably no better than indifferent toward U2, and more likely despises them for representing the broken promise of the 80s British indie scene, rubbing elbows with governmental and corporate royalty, eating lots of steak, etc.

123933_460s.jpg

:heart:

I was particularly baffled while reading it by this fellow's contention that he knows Morrissey really well and therefore can say that Morrissey probably admires U2.

Aren't you kind of doing the same thing? Claiming that you know Morrissey really well and therefore can say that he probably doesn't admire U2. What's the difference?

Neither of you knows the fucker any better than the other knows him.

Aren't you kind of doing the same thing? Claiming that you know Morrissey really well and therefore can say that he probably doesn't admire U2. What's the difference?

The operative word there is "probably." Redhill was arguing that it was "self-evident truth" that Moz was playing a tribute to U2 through an obscure b-side. I think that you'll admit that it's highly unlikely that a very loquacious, opinionated man who has never once said a positive word about U2 would suddenly stage a tribute to their Glastonbury appearance. Of course it's possible, but to argue so adamantly that it must be the case is a different story.

Oh! That was the first text I sent you - you got the one later where I said it was up in the air and that I wasn't feeling well, so you didn't actually miss anything. :)

Worst of the shittiest shows I've ever seen, for serious. It was so bad that NSW even jumped up and down during Elevation, just to relieve the boredom.

:wink:

I can confirm I saw your lips moving. We totally ganged up on you, though. Peer pressure.

Just caught up on the last thread:

Re I Will Follow - I agree, NSW. It felt really energized last night. Usually I can take it or leave it, but that was pretty killer.

And Laz, I was looking for you in the crowd. I didn't know which hipster in a hat and beard was you, so I just kept punching anyone I saw with a beard and a hat. But then my knuckles got tired, and I had realized that I was punching a bunch of complete strangers.

Completely untrue. I was near the pit entrance, watching the band walk in and embarrassing myself by squealing like a thirteen-year-old "EEE! BONO! HI BONO!!!" Man, I thought I was cooler than that. Guess not.

023.jpg

Airfare to Pittsburg is only 372 dollars.

Please stop.

Cos I'm weak right now.

I can confirm I saw your lips moving. We totally ganged up on you, though. Peer pressure.

Just caught up on the last thread:

Re I Will Follow - I agree, NSW. It felt really energized last night. Usually I can take it or leave it, but that was pretty killer.

And Laz, I was looking for you in the crowd. I didn't know which hipster in a hat and beard was you, so I just kept punching anyone I saw with a beard and a hat. But then my knuckles got tired, and I had realized that I was punching a bunch of complete strangers.

Completely untrue. I was near the pit entrance, watching the band walk in and embarrassing myself by squealing like a thirteen-year-old "EEE! BONO! HI BONO!!!" Man, I thought I was cooler than that. Guess not.

023.jpg

I did sing along, mostly cos of peer pressure. :) But that was fun, of course.

I can't do it. Besides, I'm in NYC for a week, starting next weekend. It's just not an option. Sadly.

Also, you know what? This weekend was a fucking blast....great way to end my 360 experiences.

if anyone is looking at Moncton and can find a flight into Charlottetown, P.E.I. - we will be driving over from there (three hour drive I think) and would love company. But only pre-approved interlanders (read: people that may post in this thread often).

I'm a little sad that no one acknowledged Cori's Milla Jovovich "Hottest Chica"-esque remark in the infamous Morrissey thread. I LOLed.

Also, did anyone notice that at some point redhill used the phrase "What a joke!"??

That is some meta shit right there.

Zoots :sad:

Back
Top Bottom