Random Music Thread - CXII Mofo, it's Halloween, Change your avatar plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving this song from Bibio:

Bibio: "Petals" | Tracks | Pitchfork

He had an album in 2010, Ambivalence Avenue, that I really enjoyed, but then I forgot about him for whatever reason. I'm glad this single came out - it prompted me to go back through some of his stuff I had not been aware of.

Listening to The Flaming Lips 20th anniversary of Clouds Taste Metallic and some of its bsides. Man, they had such a great guitar sound back then due in part to Ronald Jones being in the band at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They had a great drum sound at that time, too.

It's my second favorite FLips album behind the mighty SOFT BULLETIN.

What was that whole thing about trying to by relevant you guys were talking about in regards to Coldplay? :shrug:

I would personally say "Wayne Coyne's obnoxious mid-life crisis" rather than "desperate grab for relevance."

Probably a nice combo from column A and column B.

The Flaming Lips are waaaaaaaay more inventive at this point in their career than Coldplay have ever been, so I can forgive some of the stupid shit they waste time on.

And honestly, Miley wearing an alien strap on penis with light up testicles on stage is kind of surreal and bad ass.

NSFW
original.jpg

The Flaming Lips are waaaaaaaay more inventive at this point in their career than Coldplay have ever been, so I can forgive some of the stupid shit they waste time on.

I'm looking for more than "inventive" at this point. I'm seeing a lot of creativity minus the craft they once combined it with. Like, I have no desire to keep going back to The Terror or Heady Fwends.

Not that I'm defending Coldplay, of course. Fuck them.

Scumbo,

Earlier this month, I paid full price for Grimes' Art Angels in 24-bit FLAC.

Yesterday, I found a lossless copy of the CD-only bonus track, REALiTi (Demo), online.

I await your judgment.

I'm still waiting for the CD version. :(

I'm looking for more than "inventive" at this point. I'm seeing a lot of creativity minus the craft they once combined it with. Like, I have no desire to keep going back to The Terror or Heady Fwends.

Not that I'm defending Coldplay, of course. Fuck them.

Nothing wrong with the craft on The Terror at all. It may not be to your taste, but from the lyrics (actually a revelatory insight into the emotional basis for the "midlife crisis" Wayne has been going through in the wake of his divorce) and arrangements on down to the production, it's exactly the album they wanted it to be. Everything works as a unit and illustrates a specific period in time for the band. When you hear a song from The Terror, you know what album it's from. Granted, it's not for everyone.

Heady Fwends was pretty half-assed though, I can agree with that.

Last edited:
Songs from The Terror really sounded great live. I do enjoy the darkness of that album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom