Random Music Talk XXVI: You can smell the whiskey burnin' down Cobbledicks Rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GirlsAloudFan said:
Nice. Alex Greenwald must have been there. That cover of "Just" was a single and Greenwald had lead vocals on it. Greenwald is/was the lead singer of Phantom Planet, who did the song "California" that became the OC theme song. I really like his voice. And I've always thought they were an underrated band. They've got a number of damn good songs. I especially like their second album, the one that had "California" on it. Too bad that they'll forever only be known for doing "the theme song to the OC."

Anyway, that's cool you saw them. I didn't know he was touring with Ronson. And now that I'm looking on Wiki, it looks like he co-wrote a bunch of the songs on Ronson's most recent album. I might have to check that shit out.

Yeah they were really good, that bloke, I didn't know who he was, but he sang about six or so songs in their set. There was also a chick singer who was pretty hot, you might want to look her up, I don't know who she was though.

I had no idea he was the lead singer of Phantom Planet, that song was one of the best festival moments I've had though.

Just was funky as, very different...

bono_212 said:
You make me sad, Cobbler.

You don't really like that tripe Let it Rock do you?

We seem to disagree a bit sometimes, so I will just say that TUF is a fine album! And I love the last 30 or so seconds of EPAA.

I wonder how Bono going stream-of-consciousness would turn out these days... :hmm:

picture3sj.png

You don't really like that tripe Let it Rock do you?

We seem to disagree a bit sometimes, so I will just say that TUF is a fine album! And I love the last 30 or so seconds of EPAA.

I wonder how Bono going stream-of-consciousness would turn out these days... :hmm:

Oh I do. Especially at sporting events.

There we go :cute:.

I'd probably write something semi-witty in response here, but my brain melted.

:doh: They look like awkward Mormons trying to appear cool in that Friday video. I feel bad for everyone involved with that.

GirlsAloudFan said:

GAF, they wrote you a hit as well:

"Monday"

Yeah
Oh yeah
Uh uh yeah
Oh yeah
Yeah
Uh
Yeah uh
Yeah

Seven PM, wake up in the evening
Don't give a fuck about being fresh
Gotta drink a bowl, gotta have my cereal
Seein all the blondes
Jerkin on and on
Time's crawlin
Gotta get on the bus
See my friends
They'll hook me up

Sittin in the front seat
Pukin in the backseat
Guess I made my mind up
Which seat I'm gonna take

It's Monday, Monday
Gotta get down every day
Everyone wishes they could be me, be me
Monday, Monday
I get down every day

Drinkin, drinkin
Stalkin, stalkin
Fun, fun, fun
Looking forward to coming to

1 am, we're cruising on the highway
Fun fun fun fun
Think about Tay Tay
You know who she is
Artistic goddess
Her CD is on my right, ay
I got it, you got it
Now you're fearless

(Repeat pre-chorus, chorus, post-chorus)

Today is Monday
But it doesn't really matter (party anyway)
Yesterday was Sunday, I think
Tuesday comes after..wards
We're gonna have a ball ev-ry-day
We so excited
We so drunk
I hope we don't get pulled over

I listened to the other one you posted. My god ... the autotune abuse is just staggering.

I'm dying reading the thread about this thing on the Popjustice forums.

"My new favorite part is about her picking which seat she wants. It's just so, SO poignant. Every day, we're trying to pick back or front. Only Rebecca Black is brave enough to put the question into a song."

"She is clearly talking about the struggle for identity which all teenagers go through, when they don't really know their place in the world, or their 'seat' if you will. Seriously, this girl is a fucking genius."

"I thought it was more about the socioeconomic role of those in the front seat taking the lead in propelling industry and fiscal disparity between social classes, and those in the backseats being beholden to their whims. She's in the backseat, and clearly at the behest of the monetary elite who are driving her about, but she's also achieved a zen-like calm about her plight and has learned to enjoy the backseat, which she shares with her friends in a similar plight. The awkward smiles on their brace-laden mouths expresses a subtlety of both pain, at what they can never have, and an almost joy at their acquiescence to capitalism's class divergence. She's at peace with the back seat, and I think we can all take comfort in that lesson."

http://www.popjustice.com/forum/index.php?topic=28314.45#ixzz1GY0VNFdo

I love how streamlined these videos are. They're all just about 3:50, feature a man rapping at about 2:20 followed by the most laughably insane moment of the video. It's gloriously awful.

And I love how both videos featured that horrific pencil-drawing animation. No one wants to look at that.

Is this, by any chance, from a trashcan of failed manufactured pop star attempts?

bono_212 said:
I love how streamlined these videos are. They're all just about 3:50, feature a man rapping at about 2:20 followed by the most laughably insane moment of the video. It's gloriously awful.

"Ark Music Factory" doesn't exactly scream family-owned, Amish-bred craftsmanship. Hallmark needs to keep pop songs inside of card microchips.

GAF, they wrote you a hit as well:

"Monday"

Yeah
Oh yeah
Uh uh yeah
Oh yeah
Yeah
Uh
Yeah uh
Yeah

Seven PM, wake up in the evening
Don't give a fuck about being fresh
Gotta drink a bowl, gotta have my cereal
Seein all the blondes
Jerkin on and on
Time's crawlin
Gotta get on the bus
See my friends
They'll hook me up

Sittin in the front seat
Pukin in the backseat
Guess I made my mind up
Which seat I'm gonna take

It's Monday, Monday
Gotta get down every day
Monday, Monday
I get down every day

Drinkin, drinkin
Stalkin, stalkin
Fun, fun, fun
Looking forward to coming to

1 am, we're cruising on the highway
Fun fun fun fun
Think about Tay Tay
You know who she is
Artistic goddess
Her CD is on my right, ay
I got it, you got it
Now you're fearless

(Repeat pre-chorus, chorus, post-chorus)

Today is Monday
But it doesn't really matter (party anyway)
Yesterday was Sunday, I think
Tuesday comes after..wards
We're gonna have a ball ev-ry-day
We so excited
We so drunk
I hope we don't get pulled over
:lmao:

Ashley, I think I just fell in love with your husband a little bit.

corianderstem said:
It's difficult to say.

This poor girl just looks terrified, doesn't she?

Please please please please don't beat me nondescript black man
Pleeeeeeaaaseee don't beat me
Yeah!

They look so wholesome and innocent.

And yet they are clearly not wearing seatbelts. What kind of role models are these girls?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom