Random Music Talk XXIV: Where there's CLICK!ing and NASH!ing of teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you mean "Me, Myself and I"?

Friggin' Cobbler.

:doh:

What Egypt needs right now is a heavy dose of ATYCLC to help get them through this life-changing experience.

i laughed at this. good job.

i gotta say though it really doesn't bother me that they play IALW every night. judging by some of the reactions on this forum you'd think it should be front page news all over the world.

Someone reported on another forum that
Cockropa
was rehearsed today.

Doubt or rejoice accordingly.

If this does turn out to be true, it would be the coolest tour news ever? The only thing that would top it is Cockrobat.

Someone reported on another forum that
Cockropa
was rehearsed today.

Doubt or rejoice accordingly.

If this does turn out to be true, it would be the coolest tour news ever? The only thing that would top it is Cockrobat.
as i've already said in the black hole of despair, elements of that song were used during the intro to city of blinding lights in australia, so it's not shocking in the slightest. i'd be floored if anything more than the "what do you want?" part were to be played in front of people.

plus it was probably techs. those guys like to cock tease.

The band is also working on "demos" with Danger Mouse. Sounds promising for a May release. :|

1) I'd be much more excited about Zooropa if there were rumours floating around before the Aus leg. If they play it, well, great, but I wasn't there so...

2) I have said from the very beginning I would be extremely surprised if we get an album before the American leg, and in fact I think I'd be a little surprised if we get an album at all this year.

as i've already said in the black hole of despair, elements of that song were used during the intro to city of blinding lights in australia, so it's not shocking in the slightest. i'd be floored if anything more than the "what do you want?" part were to be played in front of people.

plus it was probably techs. those guys like to cock tease.

Let's be fair: they did try to incorporate a song from Cockengers into the setlist during the first leg. So you never know.

The band is also working on "demos" with Danger Mouse. Sounds promising for a May release. :|

Wait, where'd you get this from?

Let's be fair: they did try to incorporate a song from Cockengers into the setlist during the first leg. So you never know.

i wouldn't be too shocked if they do seriously try it - plus it'd quieten the talking heads in the tour forum who say that because it wasn't good when they half assed it in 93 that it'll never be good live.

as i've said about this tour, anything's possible....but once it happens it either happens once or happens every. single. night.

I remember watching that show when it was on tv and thinking it was hilarious. Remember Skank the sock puppet? "shut your stinkin' trap!"
Then I bought the DVD set out of nostalgia a few years back and realized it wasnt that funny after all. The U2 skit above and this are quite good though

I loved the behind the scenes Skank sketch showing him as this po-faced thespian called Theodore Hume. But yeah, you're kinda right, I watched some of it recently and found myself smiling politely way too often.

If this does turn out to be true, it would be the coolest tour news ever?

Judging from the way some people reacted to their performances of Your Blue Room, which is probably the most completely holy-shit-they-actually-played-that-live!?!?!? choice U2's ever made, I'm sure it could be turned into yet more evidence that U2 should give it up.

I think that the hype may be justified for this James Blake bloke. The album is slightly uneven but very promising.

I think that the hype may be justified for this James Blake bloke. The album is slightly uneven but very promising.

I heard his cover of that Feist tune (although I didn't know it was a cover until I read about it later, after hearing it), and really, really liked it.

I've found a few more of his tunes but haven't gotten around to listening yet.

Yeah, it took me a while to recognize the Feist cover as well, even though I absolutely adore Feist.

Back
Top Bottom