Random Music Talk XCVIII: When the Music's Over...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that we got TWO Hercules movies this year and BOTH of them decided to just make up stories, instead of using any of the ample source material.

He's a clown for his actions when it comes to touring/cancellations etc. (And blaming others for things like him getting sick), not his music. He'd be better off just saying he doesn't tour anymore so fans wouldn't get let down by him.

I saw him 5 or 6 years go. He's been here 3 times since then, and I live in freaking Utah. It's not as if he doesn't give his fans ample opportunity to see him live, despite various tour cancellations.

And I'd take a tour cancellation over an album cancellation any day. :wink:

I saw him 5 or 6 years go. He's been here 3 times since then, and I live in freaking Utah. It's not as if he doesn't give his fans ample opportunity to see him live, despite various tour cancellations.

And I'd take a tour cancellation over an album cancellation any day. :wink:

You've been lucky, then, because, as mentioned, he's canceled four times in a row, now, in Chicago.

I've been enjoying the following new purchases this last week:

Life Without Buildings - Any Other City
Parquet Courts - Sunbathing Animal

Wish I would have known about the Life Without Buildings album for the last 12 years. :(

I love that we got TWO Hercules movies this year and BOTH of them decided to just make up stories, instead of using any of the ample source material.

It's annoying. At least The Rock one has the excuse of being based off a comic, and throws in a few of the labours as a backstory (as far as I can tell). I'm kinda excited for it tbh, looks so ridiculous and also it's THE ROCK as Herakles, and damned if I won't get some sorta joy out of seeing that.

I may not love everything about L.A., so far, but I'm not going to complain about the fact that I'm seeing yet another of my favorite bands from this year for free :cute:

Seeing Graveyard Girl Morgan Kibby White Sea next week :love:

I got to the portion of my album calendar that said it was time for me to listen to Architecture in Helsinki's new album.

However, I had never heard anything by them, so I decided to go back and listen to their most popular album first. Mostly really enjoyed it, but I found them a little cloying and a little too similar to some strange mixture of Belle & Sebastian and Arcade Fire.

Regardless, I decided, today, to go ahead and listen to their new one. I actually pretty much enjoyed it. I don't know if it's too much of the same thing, or what, but I didn't see much different from this one and In Case We Die.

I say this as someone who loves Me In Honey (not least for the refreshing lyrics): why the hell isn't Country Feedback the last song on Out Of Time?

You have ballad (Half A World Away) followed by fast rocker (Texarkana) followed by dirge (Feedback) followed by upbeat pop (Honey). That's too many shifts. The last two should have been switched around, or put Honey on side 1.

I know few agree with my sequencing issues re: Automatic but this one seems like a no-brainer.

Just saw some guy in one of those German troubadour outfits playing a Weezer medley on accordion. The takeaway: you know a song like Buddy Holly is great when it sounds good even in the aforementioned arrangement.

If I never see another $25 reissue in shrink wrap, it'll be too soon. It's frustrating as fuck that so many 60s and 70s albums get reissued and their price instantly goes up by $20 for what essentially amounts to cleaner packaging. I think it was David that alluded to the recent price hike vinyl has taken and he was absolutely right on that.

I would say that I was disappointed with the used record selection, but we discovered the clearance rack right as we were leaving, which looked like a goldmine. But we found 12 records for $43 so I'm pretty happy with my haul.

Back
Top Bottom