Random Music Talk XCV: Laz Is The Larry Bird Of Being A Son Of A Bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This lineup is finally complete:

soAjhN0.png

About damn time I see Annie :hyper:

Dum Dum Girls are a lot of fun live, as you might expect. Really dug them as a daytime festival act.

For some reason, I keep missing Warpaint. The new album is going to be tricky to pull off, but in the right venue, it ought to be sublime.

Will be seeing Dum Dum Girls next Tuesday. Really looking forward to that. And Cut Copy on Saturday. They are always fun live.

I caught the Dum Dums the one night I went out for SXSW last week, and Dee Dee removed her shirt revealing nothing but pasties. I don't remember much after that.

For some reason, I keep missing Warpaint. The new album is going to be tricky to pull off, but in the right venue, it ought to be sublime.

Warpaint kill it live. I was surprised when they did a set almost entirely of new stuff at Laneway Festival only a couple of days after the album came out, but they pulled it off well and generally held the crowd's interest (though people were pretty stoked when they finally got around to "Undertow" and "Elephants"). "Disco//very" in particular was really good on stage.

at least that p4k flyer doesn't do that stupid graphic thing anymore. now that i can read it without my eyes bleeding, the cloud nothings are literally the only thing on there that is any good.

at least that p4k flyer doesn't do that stupid graphic thing anymore. now that i can read it without my eyes bleeding, the cloud nothings are literally the only thing on there that is any good.

They definitely still have it as a stupid flashing gif on the site. thankfully it's just easy to take a screen grab while it's not flashing.

So War on Drugs wise.....this is terrible to say / admit, but I find myself frequently trying to stay away from bands with multiple albums that I've never heard before, as I don't want to get myself into some group where I'll end up liking them quite a bit, and have to try to catch up with multiple albums. It's completely ridiculous, but I often find myself avoiding groups I "might" like. Subconsciously I seem to be trying to massively limit the new groups I get into. I frequently will scroll through my collection and see all these albums and bands that I've virtually completely forgotten about because no one has enough time to listen to it all, and it depresses me. Just last night I was looking through all my albums and looking at a crapload of bands I LOVED around 2001-2004 that I seriously probably haven't listened to in 10 years. It's a bummer.

I go through "overload" phases like this from time to time, unfortunately. Just keeping up with the bands I love can sometimes feel like more work than pleasure, let alone keeping up with "new" artists.

I'm seeing St. Vincent tomorrow! :hyper:

Oh and The Black Keys are releasing their single on Monday!

St. Vincent is a week from today for me, looking forward to it.

Cool news about the Black Keys.

Speaking of 2001-2004, I'm going to have to dig up Pineapple Thief's "Variations On A Dream". I used to listen to that album all the time. :drool:

Pretty excited about the Veruca Salt original lineup reunion, guys.

New album coming soon but they've got a special release for Record Store Day.

Used to see them play frequently in Chicago back in the early 90s, first saw them when they opened for Liz Phair and was blown away. I used to bother them after about when they were going to release an album; little did I know they would become MTV darlings for a brief spell. They got major props from me for turning down a lot of major labels to retain creative control and put out their debut thru a pretty small company (despite the eventual Geffen re-release distribution deal).

Anyways, American Thighs is still a great LP.

Veruca Salt 2014

Pretty excited about the Veruca Salt original lineup reunion, guys.

New album coming soon but they've got a special release for Record Store Day.

Used to see them play frequently in Chicago back in the early 90s, first saw them when they opened for Liz Phair and was blown away. I used to bother them after about when they were going to release an album; little did I know they would become MTV darlings for a brief spell. They got major props from me for turning down a lot of major labels to retain creative control and put out their debut thru a pretty small company (despite the eventual Geffen re-release distribution deal).

Anyways, American Thighs is still a great LP.

Veruca Salt 2014

Wow, this is great news, thanks for sharing! I sure wasn't expecting a reunion, this is the second surprise of the year after Slowdive. American Thighs is brilliant, their following LPs have a couple of good songs but can't reach the peaks of the first one. Don't know what to expect from a new album......

So today I played badminton for the first time ever and nobody understood why I was laughing the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom