Random Music Talk XCIII: IN-VIII-SI-COCK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Where are you discovering new music these days? I don't really visit Pitchfork anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I do use Pitchfork on occasion, especially the albums they deign to deliver a BNM to.

I also just use Danny Boy's list from the calendar and then I do a lot of searching on my own as well.

Both are great. The debut is far too long for me to just throw on whenever, so I'm glad the new one exists.

I tend to treat the two sides of Deathconsciousness as two separate albums, especially since I find the second side to be such a good self-contained experience.

I'm giving The Unnatural World another listen now (third? fourth? spin) and I think I'll maybe come to rate this a bit more highly with time as it comes out of the shadows of its predecessor and I start to appreciate it on its own merits rather than thinking "oh here's that new album by the Deathconsciousness lads". I honestly wasn't really expecting Have a Nice Life to even do any more music; they've got enough other projects that have kept them busy.

Guess I'm alone in not really liking the new Dum Dum Girls album. The jangle isn't there as much as I'd like. They sound like a 2010s band now instead of a late 80s band.

Warpaint, however, I like quite a bit.

Hey Laz, I don't think I thanked you for the heads up on the Desert Daze thing. It looks like I might be too late for reasonable accommodation this Year (I don't camp), but I'll watch for the thing next year. That might be a festival I can do.

I'm more than a whore
I'm more than a fee, here
I'm more than your property
I'm more than a hoe
Don't just fuck and blow
You don't see me but you will
I am Lance's mother still
I am here

When I "finish" you, I'll listen, hear nothing, and think to myself "good."

:up:

I'm more than a whore
I'm more than a fee, here
I'm more than your property
I'm more than a hoe
Don't just fuck and blow
You don't see me but you will
I am Lance's mother still
I am here

So the song is called "Mother Still"? :|

Let's start from the beginning, too:

It's like the bed just cleared of cock
I didn't even stop to watch the clock
He's yours...I think
I just might keep this one

I haven't decided on a name
He might be "Lance" when you see him again
But he won't be his father's son

It's not a strong point, no. I was mesmerized by the music nonetheless. It's a radical departure from their old sound.

Thanks again for the music recommendations everyone. I'll be doing some listening today.

PS. OH MY GOD I HAD A DREAM ABOUT ADAM'S PRIVATES THIS HAS TO MEAN THE ALBUM WILL DROP TODAY!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom