Random Music Talk XCII: Shadow Recruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I hope someone makes a Gif out of the finger point and lip purse that Macca just shared with Steve Coogan.

@ScHoolBoyQ: And all u busters tHats in attendance tHats didn't vote for KENDRICK r str8 mark az niggaHz!!! BITCH

Obviously you should calculate the straight-line distance from your home to all 32 NFL stadiums and then root for the closest one.

Tie goes to the team with the most historical playoff wins.

:wink:

I live 5 minutes from Lambeau Field, I guess I'll choose the Packers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I dunno if it's me getting older or what, but this shit gets worse every year.

Never mind, can someone just gif everything that Macca's doing tonight? I so badly want the fist pump he just did.

How people live their lives is their own business, but, I have to say, a huge pet peeve of mine lately is reading or hearing comments from people my age whose tastes in music atrophied a long time ago, commenting about how "there is no more good music out there". This, as they're out the door to catch a fucking Bon Jovi concert. It's one thing to close up shop and stick with what you loved in HS or college, it's another to bury your head in the sand and then cast aspersions on an entire industry. And I fucking love the songs from my HS and college years as much now as then, it's just that there's room for more.

Again, at the end of the day, why I'd let a thing like this irk me even one iota eludes me, but I cannot pretend that it doesn't. I'm relegating my rant to this place, though, to the one group of people that haven't or won't fall into this trap. So it's useless venting, but, there you have it.

Maybe if I had a wife and kids I'd have less time/ability/desire to find new shit to listen to, I don't know.

Sorry to get Gaffy on y'all, but I get pretty bent out of shape when I realize I'm never gonna bang T Swift.

Born and raised in Montreal. In 1988, when I was 10, I turned on the TV and I watched a game (can't recall which one) in which Montana and Rice did their thing, and I latched onto the team. They won the Super Bowl that season, and the one after that, and my fandom grew from there.

In September, after 25 years, I finally got to see a game at Candlestick. Even though they played poorly, it was still a highlight in my life.

That being said, I'm still in mourning after Sunday (and last year, too). But you know what? I've seen my favourite teams win two Stanley Cups and three Super Bowls in my lifetime, when so many others haven't seen one, so I can't complain. :)

Cool.

And yeah, I'm from Cleveland, so I don't feel bad for your sports situation at all. :wink:

I have a music-related grievance to air as well.

I get that not everyone has a taste for pop music, but it drives me up the wall when people pass around those stupid fucking internet shares that basically boil down to "remember when music was good" and it compares Justin Bieber and Frank Sinatra (conveniently forgetting that Sinatra started out as basically the solo "boy band" of the Bobby Soxers). Or whatever the current stupid internet picture is these days - that's just the one that sticks in my mind.

Ooh, or that one about how bands like Led Zeppelin and other "classic" artists never had a #1 song, but Justin Bieber has 18,000 or whatever, regardless of the fact that Zeppelin really wasn't a "singles" band.

Whining about how much pop music these days sucks just makes you sound like your frickin' parents. Pop music has always been around, will always be around, and there will always be a place for it. If you don't like it, don't listen, and quit yer bitchin'.

They keep saying Ringo and Paul separately. I'm getting very nervous.

How people live their lives is their own business, but, I have to say, a huge pet peeve of mine lately is reading or hearing comments from people my age whose tastes in music atrophied a long time ago, commenting about how "there is no more good music out there". This, as they're out the door to catch a fucking Bon Jovi concert. It's one thing to close up shop and stick with what you loved in HS or college, it's another to bury your head in the sand and then cast aspersions on an entire industry. And I fucking love the songs from my HS and college years as much now as then, it's just that there's room for more.

Again, at the end of the day, why I'd let a thing like this irk me even one iota eludes me, but I cannot pretend that it doesn't. I'm relegating my rant to this place, though, to the one group of people that haven't or won't fall into this trap. So it's useless venting, but, there you have it.

Maybe if I had a wife and kids I'd have less time/ability/desire to find new shit to listen to, I don't know.

What bothers me, similarly, is the way people talk about pop music, though. I mean, if you don't like something, that's fine. I just don't understand why people have to talk like someone who likes something you don't as sub-par people, or something. That's just my musical pet peeve.

I have a music-related grievance to air as well.

I get that not everyone has a taste for pop music, but it drives me up the wall when people pass around those stupid fucking internet shares that basically boil down to "remember when music was good" and it compares Justin Bieber and Frank Sinatra (conveniently forgetting that Sinatra started out as basically the solo "boy band" of the Bobby Soxers).

Whining about how much pop music these days sucks just makes you sound like your frickin' parents.

Oh, hey. Basically what I was saying.

Wait, so, Ringo and Paul aren't performing together tonight, but there's going to be a whole concert dedicated to the Beatles in two weeks that they'll be performing together at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom