Random Music Talk LXXXVIII: Don't mention your vacations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is that? They had songs of their own? I thought they were a new order cover band with shitty makeup.

I was just thinking last night at the venue how I missed The National this year...but yeah, fantastic show and sound from JEW last night. The older songs rocked so hard that I'm finally starting to get into them the more I see them live, but the songs off Futures were clear fan favorites, as were the hits from Bleed American.

I looked up the setlist, you got a ton of songs from Clarity and Futures! Hear You Me as well, which has always been one of my favs. Pretty awesome, I'm even more jealous now.

I've been listening to lots of Autechre recently. It surprised me how diverse and large their discography is. I've still got lots of albums to go and they have like 1 billion EP's.

Tri Repetae and Confield. :drool:

I've been listening to lots of Autechre recently. It surprised me how diverse and large their discography is. I've still got lots of albums to go and they have like 1 billion EP's.

Tri Repetae and Confield. :drool:

Amber was probably the first glitch / IDM album I ever heard, still love it. Definitely give that one a few listens if you haven't already. Tri Repetae++ is also great. :up:

Yeah I've listened to Amber as well but that one hasn't stuck with me yet. It's great while reading. Stuff like Confield isn't so I have to pay more attention to those.

You'd think, but I haven't found any. Lots in ABQ but people here don't seem to give a shit.

And the episode even referenced the SF Opera House! What a crime.

Sort of. My sources tell me that Elbow will announce the re-release of their last album, but this time the title will include a comma.

Ha!

Congrats, Cori!! So happy for you.

Double ha!

I pre-ordered the album and the live DVD/CD through the Universal UK site. I'd pay less for the album itself in the US, but I'd have to order the DVD as an import (I'm assuming), so in the end it probably saves me a little money. Also, it sounds like the DVD will ship soon, which is awesome.

I'm a stiff with an office job once again so I need to take this opportunity to catch up on all the music I have fallen woefully behind on this year. Up first: the new Kurt Vile record.

Joyful, you could rent / buy the episode on iTunes or Amazon video as well. $2 I think.

I pre-ordered the album and the live DVD/CD through the Universal UK site. I'd pay less for the album itself in the US, but I'd have to order the DVD as an import (I'm assuming), so in the end it probably saves me a little money. Also, it sounds like the DVD will ship soon, which is awesome.

You may want to make sure they can send DVD's encoded with the correct regional settings for North America, since we cannot play European region DVD's on most players here.

I'm a stiff with an office job once again so I need to take this opportunity to catch up on all the music I have fallen woefully behind on this year. Up first: the new Kurt Vile record.

Good record to start with. Looking forward to my new job now to, easier to get to gigs and listen to music more regularly, plus I will have Christmas off for the first time in 3 years woop.

I really like this, quite a bit more than Smoke Ring.

Also, I totally thought it was Walkin' and now Wakin' before I heard the title track. Whoops.

You thought like an idiot!

I listened to the Kurt Vile album while vacuuming and sweeping, in your honor.

Random side note, the Swiffer Sweeper is possibly my favorite household cleaning item. Every form of Swiffer Sweeper / Duster / Mop / Etc., I like.

So yeah. New Justin Timberlake. Feels darker than the first part. Digging it but at parts I wish Timbaland would just fucking shut his mouth.

I looked up the setlist, you got a ton of songs from Clarity and Futures! Hear You Me as well, which has always been one of my favs. Pretty awesome, I'm even more jealous now.

The Futures/Kill/Work and A Praise Chorus/Sweetness/Bleed American trifectas really made it for me. All night long they ran through the songs rapid fire style--people were just starting to clap as the drummer would count them in for the next one. But yeah, I knew you would have loved to hear Hear You Me--such a great song.

Here's Goodbye, Sky Harbor from last night. When they rock the fuck out around 3:40...one of my favorite parts of the show.

Jimmy Eat World - Goodbye Sky Harbor Live at the Marquee Theatre

Definitely going to have to take a nostalgia trip and catch them at the fest this weekend. Futures was such a big album for me in high school.

rochefort_8_-_front.jpg

This, my pets, is a non-music related post.

This is delicious, and therein lies its danger. Imbibe, drink, and enjoy at your own risk, and certainly not whilst contemplating operating any kind of motorized vehicle. Carry on, fellow travelers.

I should be just fine in 20 minutes or so.

:hmm: I'll have to keep a lookout for that one.

The only Trappist beer that I've had was quite delicious:

orval.jpg

Goodbye Sky Harbor clocking in at less than 10 minutes? No sale.

Yet it accomplishes far more in 4 mins than the 16 min album version. Hallelujah for changing the pace up and throwing some rock sections into the song.

Also, I 'm digging the new Crocodiles record quite a bit. For those of you who like a bit of jangly pop-sounding rockish music, you might want to check out Crocodiles. Sleep Forever is one of my fave records of the past few years. Summer of Hate is okay. The new one is Crimes of Passion. I didn't buy Endless Flowers. I might pick it up when I see them at the Echo in November.

I can't listen to that dude solely cause I'm jealous he's married to Dee Dee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom