Random Music Talk LXXXVIII: Don't mention your vacations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Brandon Wood.

:wave:

As great a time as we all had with Brandon, I'll never forget the day that Brandon was "born", when Pubbie was forced to switch his alter from John Lackey to someone else (and fortunate for us he chose Wood, one of the great all time MLB busts) because Lackey signed with the bane of Pubbie's existence, the Red Sox.

We're all in Mount Temple's debt for contributing to the end of Hip Hop Purists.

I keep wondering what the point of all those stolen posts could have been. Even if you want to screw with people, it's an extremely strange and convoluted way to do it.

There was a bloke at the club I went to tonight who looked EXACTLY like
Sebastian_Cobb.png

No one else seemed to share my amazement though.

I keep wondering what the point of all those stolen posts could have been. Even if you want to screw with people, it's an extremely strange and convoluted way to do it.

I get the impression it wasn't screwing with people, he was trying to make himself sound impressive and used others' words to do so. Pretty sad, its a fan message board, don't see that there's a need to make yourself look so all knowing (lord knows my history here proves that), just try and blend in with the other members. Had he come in with a less condescending attitude and acted like a regular Joe, he would have been embraced just fine (Laz notwithstanding :wink:).
Self esteem issues I suppose.

There was a bloke at the club I went to tonight who looked EXACTLY like
Sebastian_Cobb.png

No one else seemed to share my amazement though.

Last year I wnt to a Memorial day cookout and there was a guy who was the human spitting image of
250px-Herbert_-_Family_Guy.png
I stealthly snapped his picture on my phone and texted to a couple of friends and we got a good laugh. The laughing stopped however when he started talking to Mini Hewson.

That's one of my favorite parts of all the Star Wars movies, I love the award ceremony music.

The endings of the first two Star Wars movies give me chills. The ending of Empire Strikes Back - mostly the music, but also the sadness of the group being fragmented - might be my favourite movie ending ever

Had he come in with a less condescending attitude and acted like a regular Joe, he would have been embraced just fine (Laz notwithstanding :wink:).
Indeed. I didn't like him from the moment he started bitching about the Premier League in the football thread.

Of all the Eagles songs, this guy in the subway has chosen to play Lyin' Eyes. Even though I tend to like the Eagles, I have always hated that song.

As great a time as we all had with Brandon, I'll never forget the day that Brandon was "born", when Pubbie was forced to switch his alter from John Lackey to someone else (and fortunate for us he chose Wood, one of the great all time MLB busts) because Lackey signed with the bane of Pubbie's existence, the Red Sox.

One of my favorite interference moments.

The endings of the first two Star Wars movies give me chills. The ending of Empire Strikes Back - mostly the music, but also the sadness of the group being fragmented - might be my favourite movie ending ever

I like how Lucas mirrored its final shot with Attack Of The Clones. The position of the characters (with Anakin and Padme subbing for Luke and Leia), backs towards the camera.

Who's Pubbie?

I like how Lucas mirrored its final shot with Attack Of The Clones. The position of the characters (with Anakin and Padme subbing for Luke and Leia), backs towards the camera.

I do like some of the mirroring in the prequels, but would you agree Lucas relied on it a little too much?

It's been colder than a witch's moose knuckle here in Denver this week and for some reason, that has inspired me to listened to Travis' "The Man Who". Hot damn that's a gem.

They played in Toronto last month to a crowd of about 100 in a much larger capacity club. Feel kinda bad for them. They used to be huge. And ya, The Man Who is fairly awesome

It's been colder than a witch's moose knuckle here in Denver this week and for some reason, that has inspired me to listened to Travis' "The Man Who". Hot damn that's a gem.

The opening trio of tracks on the album are particularly fantastic.

Have any of you seen these Dairy Queen commercials that advocate texting a picture of their food to all your friends? Do they really think anyone would do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom