Random Music Talk LXXVIII: Crashing Miley's Toluca Lake Pad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've never once questioned Taxman's lyrics. That's interesting. I've always thought they fit pretty damn well in the song. And it's a fucking awesome song.

There have been several albums in the indie world over the last few years that have been touted as jazz-influenced, but Rhye's Woman is the only one where I have really heard and felt that influence. Very impressed upon first listen.

:up: I might start a thread for them; there seems to be sufficient interest.

Second magical music moment in Boston since I arrived: flung the door open, stepped inside the mall (shortcut to the convention center), and the opening guitar notes of No Line on the Horizon blasted right on cue. Nice way to start the long day. And then I saw one of my favorite writers read, George Saunders. I'm still laughing.

Also
12,000 writers and booksellers under one roof. :crazy:

Have you been to Mike's bakery yet, Joyful?

No. I've done nothing but work. Work=taking people out to dinner, schmoozing with writers and book people, buying books, attending readings, and watching movies in my room until I fall asleep.

Tomorrow's my only free day. Tell me about Mike's.

I did have some $32 lobster Mac & Cheese, though.

And apparently I missed Animal Collective up the street due to all this "work."

No. I've done nothing but work. Work=taking people out to dinner, schmoozing with writers and book people, buying books, attending readings, and watching movies in my room until I fall asleep.

Tomorrow's my only free day. Tell me about Mike's.

I did have some $32 lobster Mac & Cheese, though.

And apparently I missed Animal Collective up the street due to all this "work."

It's a pastries only bakery, from what I remember. A number of people recommended it to my friends and I when we went. I think we liked it so much we went back a second time. Their cannoli was fantastic.

Welcome To Mike's Pastry! (index.html)

Yeah, it's a super healthy place. :wink:

pdLOL8p.jpg

You know, people are always giving good old Cobbler a hard time about listening order, but there's something a bit counter-intuitive about saying "hey, this band is really awesome, but only if you listen to them in this order!"

I'm more bothered by the fact that I'm not going to get to see them at all, it looks like, and he's seeing them without even hearing an album.

I'm hungry for the new GAGA album, but apparently she's still in a wheelchair. Doubt that it will be released while she still can't walk right. Girl needs to be out and about promoting it in some crazy costumes and shoes and shit.

Hello from Marina del Rey, where I've been working on a sailboat all day. Captain Toobing is an official deckhand for the next month or so.

I sampled it on Amazon. It sounded somewhat like Animal Collective to me. That's not a bad thing, right?

"Attic Doctor" sounds like Animal Collective fo' shnizzle.

Cobbler, I picked up a used copy of Aquemini today. I've never heard it but you pimp it so much I couldn't pass it up. It has a few scratches, but I expect it will rip just fine which is all I really care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom