Random Music Talk LXVII: All the First-World Problems You Can Handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowie is def my biggest white whale. I was in Europe when he toured for Reality and missed it.

I haven't seen Lou Reed either but at this point I'm not sure he'd put on a great show.

The LOU was interesting. I don't know that I'd say it was a great show, but it's one of the most memorable I've had the benefit of attending.

How was that your one shot? He toured a good number of times post-Let's Dance.

I'm not sure why I've never noticed this before, but Let's Dance is such a lame album name. Had I been more cognizant before that album was released and heard the name announced, I would've spat up tutti frutti all over my bib. Of course, growing up in the 80s with a Mom that was a huge Bowie fan means that that album name has lost any negative impact it may have once had. And I don't care what anyone says; 80s Bowie is awesome.

I still remember being babysat while my parents went to the Glass Spider tour. My Mom used her thick Scottish accent to fib to the security guard about how far she had traveled for the show and wound up in the front row....
leave it alone, Laz

On the topic of Elvis Costello from this morning, I don't see why one wouldn't just start out listening to My Aim Is True and This Year's Model back to back. They have a great deal in common, are nearly equal in quality and could comfortably fit together on a single disc.

Really, just start chronologically. Like Springsteen, it took until album 7 or 8 for him to release anything well below his usual standards. Depends on whether or not you count Almost Blue.

I still remember being babysat while my parents went to the Glass Spider tour. My Mom used her thick Scottish accent to fib to the security guard about how far she had traveled for the show and wound up in the front row....

I saw the Glass Spider Tour.
Didn't charm my way to the front with my "Scottish accent" though

The only way I'd pay more than $50 for a concert ticket is if it was Green Day and I got to watch the show from Tre Cool's lap.

Just sayin'.

I've only seen like three bands that I want to see live: U2, Springsteen and The National. Pretty much everyone else I like I have not gotten a chance to see.

BDO sideshows:

The Killers – Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Wednesday, January 16 – The Metro, Sydney
Tuesday, January 22 – The Palace, Melbourne

Crystal Castles – Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Thursday, January 17 – The HiFi Bar, Sydney
Tuesday, January 22 – Billboard, Melbourne

Alabama Shakes – Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Thursday, January 17 – The Metro, Sydney
Thursday, January 24 – The Forum Theatre, Melbourne

Band of Horses – Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Tuesday, January 22 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney
Wednesday, January 23 – Palais Theatre, Melbourne

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Tuesday, January 22 – The Metro, Sydney

Bloody Beetroots – Big Day Out Sideshows:

Saturday, January 19 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney, with special guest Peking Duk
Tuesday, January 22 – Tivoli Theatre, Brisbane, with special guest Peking Duk
Thursday, January 24 – Palace Theatre, Melbourne, with special guest Generik

OFF! – Big Day Out Sideshows

Thursday 17 January – Annandale Hotel (18+)
Monday 21 January – The Zoo (18+)
Wednesday 23 January – The Corner Hotel (18+)

Animal Collective – Big Day Out Sideshows

Wednesday 16 January 2013 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney.
Wednesday 23 January 2013 – Palace Theatre, Melbourne.

Sleigh Bells – Big Day Out Sideshows

Saturday January 19 2013 – Metro Theatre, Sydney
Wednesday January 23 2013 – Melbourne Billboard The Venue

Tempted by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. And the first chance to see The Killers in a club since 2005.

Prices are sure to be ridiculous, but at least I get paid in Australian dollars.

Sydney > Darwin > Hobart >>>>>>> Melbourne

I'm in an underground prohibition themed bar, it's fun!

Was hoping you'd pop up in here :D. Yeah, cobl, if you need any more help regarding Elvis Costello, go to this guy. He is the expert :yes:.

:shh: Don't say that too loud. I already lost one reputation as I had to confess I'm not really knowledgeable in one music genre. Before you know it there are even more disappointments.

Though truth be told, I do have quite an extensive Elvis Costello collection...
:shifty:

Crystal Castles with Gold Fields and Sleigh Bells with DZ Deathrays will fucking go off. Absolutely perfect supports. I hate to think how many bruises I'll have after DZ Deathrays and Sleigh Bells are done with us.

Nobody else I wanted a sideshow from, so I'm pleased.

For the Facebook users amongst us, how fucking annoying is this trend of "like if you're against cancer :( :( :( if you ignore this you want her to die".

And yet I have otherwise intelligent people my age liking those ridiculous posts every three seconds.

/pointlessrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom