Random Music Talk LXI: In Which PFan and GAF Drink a Lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were crazily popular with that first album. GAF, have you watched the music video for that song? Check out Girl Anachronism as well, both videos were really good.

Their music is interesting and in interviews Amanda Palmer seems like a cool person I'd like to hang out with, but she's got this really confrontational persona on record that grates on me badly. Not in a pretentious Tori Amos way but in a "I hate you for listening to my album" kind of way.

They were crazily popular with that first album. GAF, have you watched the music video for that song? Check out Girl Anachronism as well, both videos were really good.

Just watched them. I like it. That woman is very theatrical.

Wow. I think I watched that 5 or 6 times in row now. I think I'm going to use that same celebration at work every time I complete a task.

It's like he knows about trash talking, but doesn't have the vocabulary to do it right

"who do you think you are? I am!"

And the "I did it" part sounds like the desperate confession of a 1920s mob boss

I always thought I loved the Dresden Dolls, but nowadays, I only ever listen to Coin-Operated Boy and Girl Anachronism. Maybe Good Day sometimes. :|

It's like he knows about trash talking, but doesn't have the vocabulary to do it right

"who do you think you are? I am!"

And the "I did it" part sounds like the desperate confession of a 1920s mob boss

I think this is the first time I've heard someone yell "goddammit" when they're pleased with something.

2 minutes ago I just realized a guy I work with was cinematographer on the Fake Empire video! cool!

tumblr_m6e0jdU3cg1qa0uujo1_1280.jpg

It was...interesting. The first one I went with my girlfriend at the time, and let's just say in hindsight I would have preferred it if I was single.

:lol: Yes I can see where you're coming from. There were five of us and we had this plan to stick together the whole night. That failed the second we all started talking to girls (after a few buckets). I ended up on my own for five hours and my mate woke up on the other side of the island with no idea how he got there.

:up:

This is a few months old and it was funny at the time, but I just saw it rerun on SportsCenter and couldn't stop laughing. Fucking love this.

PETE WEBER GOD DAMMIT I DID IT WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE - YouTube

GOD DAMMIT!

Yeah I've seen that before as well. Pathetic and yet absolutely hilarious at the same time. Awesome.

Bowling, the most passionate of all of the sports.

I used to know a professional bowler. He was possibly the coolest guy I ever knew. We got into a LOT of trouble together (i.e. drunk texting/dialling, etc.) but it was good times.

Joyful, halp.

One minute I felt fine and the next, I feel like death warmed over. I can barely keep my eyes open, have a lisght fever, adn ever yso often I can fee the blood rushing through my face. Can't be normal. It's the middle of summer and all I want to do is wrap myself in as many blankets as I can find until I feel alive again. Should I listen to my body and sweat this crap out or what? I don't feel sick, I feel like I've been drugged with Vicodin, which I found out I'm allergic to. Or heat exhaustion or something, even though I've been in air conditioned buuildings all day & it rained & dropped the temperature, like, 10 or 15 degrees.

Any ideas?

I don't know what to think about this.

I bought the new Purity Ring album (they were selling it at the festival, sweet!) and if you spent $20, you could spin this wheel. So I bought one more thing, and spun the wheel. I won a pick out of the grab bag box, and what I won, supposedly, was a test pressing of The Big Pink. Except, when I got home, it turned out to be Blues Funeral by Mark Lanagen. Now. This album's awesome, but I'm so bummed out that it's not The Big Pink that I keep forgetting how sweet it is that I just won a test pressing of anything.

bono_212 said:
I don't know what to think about this.

I bought the new Purity Ring album (they were selling it at the festival, sweet!) and if you spent $20, you could spin this wheel. So I bought one more thing, and spun the wheel. I won a pick out of the grab bag box, and what I won, supposedly, was a test pressing of The Big Pink. Except, when I got home, it turned out to be Blues Funeral by Mark Lanagen. Now. This album's awesome, but I'm so bummed out that it's not The Big Pink that I keep forgetting how sweet it is that I just won a test pressing of anything.

Speaking of Purity Ring, I am watching them set up for the aftershow right now.

I didn't realize they were doing an after show. Enjoy! Those lights are awesome. I'm waiting for some videos to show up so I can post them. They didn't use them QUITE as I'd have liked them too, but the guy's setup made it all worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom