Random Music Talk LI: In Which We Don't Mention Menstruation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's not busy mascaraing as Random Clash Talk.

wait, people were talking about the clash on here and i wasn't there?

man, i know i'm tired when i'm seriously considering watching episodes of house. i'm not even sure if that show is still on, but since i stopped somewhere around season 3 or 4...oh someone stop me.

wait, people were talking about the clash on here and i wasn't there?

man, i know i'm tired when i'm seriously considering watching episodes of house. i'm not even sure if that show is still on, but since i stopped somewhere around season 3 or 4...oh someone stop me.

Please for the love of God don't go any further than season 3 if that's where you stopped. I still watch the show, but I almost wish I wasn't caught in this awful cycle of really enjoying 4-5 episodes a season and, for that reason, getting excited for the following season, only to be disappointed but intrigued once more.

Please for the love of God don't go any further than season 3 if that's where you stopped. I still watch the show, but I almost wish I wasn't caught in this awful cycle of really enjoying 4-5 episodes a season and, for that reason, getting excited for the following season, only to be disappointed but intrigued once more.

i'd probably mark the dave matthews episode (which i looked up was midway through season 3) as when i stopped obsessively watching that show, but i'm pretty sure i finished out the season. i caught a couple random other episodes (probably most of season 4 on some marathon on usa or something one time), and marvelled at how empty of plot and wit the kumar kills himself block of episodes were. plus i think i got bored once and watched even more recent onces that were so bad the only part i haven't blocked out of my memory was the lame-ass part where house jumps off a balcony into a pool. some transparent thing where wilson thinks he's going to kill himself, i don't remember. it was ridiculously obvious, they pretty much drew a map to the location of the pool and room he was jumping from earlier in the episode...but anyway, i digress.

i could just stick to youtube clips people put up of what was probably the only funny bits from the last several seasons (holy shit! they're up to 8? that means i graduated college how long ago? huh). who needs context? from what you're saying, i want to stay far away from that context. what i think i will do is break out the season 1 dvd. season 1 was so good. season 2 had some moments, and then they done fucked it up with that whole vindictive cop bullshit storyline.

I just listened to Disintegration all the way through about a month ago. But the part about repeating the opening to Plainsong multiple times at loud volume is entirely true.

I love Plainsong so much. It's so great live too, always moves me.

IWB, I wonder how many pages and pages of threads are somewhere in Interference archives of you and I just saying stuff like, "I just listened to *insert Clash song or album here* for the kajillionth time, it's still awesome".

Oh, Random Cure Talk! Have I ever mentioned how much I love Seventeen Seconds?

(I still maintain that New Order is the most-discussed band in Random history.)

IWB, I wonder how many pages and pages of threads are somewhere in Interference archives of you and I just saying stuff like, "I just listened to *insert Clash song or album here* for the kajillionth time, it's still awesome".

fo realz. and when i was in school, how many all-clash radio shows did i do...there was at least 1 a semester, i know that much.

fo realz. and when i was in school, how many all-clash radio shows did i do...there was at least 1 a semester, i know that much.

I forgot to mention that once a comment like that was said, there was usually a response of "Me too!!!!11!11111!!!", then someone else with a "Me too, too!1111!11111!!!!!", then a couple thumbs up, etc.

Is it possible that The Clash's debut is better than London Calling? :shifty:

you'd have to combine both us and uk versions to stand a chance, but for as much as i love the songs that can claim to come from, or were singles at the time of, the self-titled album, i'm going to still say...shit, i think my brain might combust trying to work that one out. london calling is about 1 lover's rock away from being a perfect album, and the other one would really just be a collection of songs at that point. and protex blue cancels lover's rock. so i think...kabooooooooom!

i feel the need to mention that programming my cd player to wake me up with safe european home was still hands down the scariest alarm clock ever.

I forgot to mention that once a comment like that was said, there was usually a response of "Me too!!!!11!11111!!!", then someone else with a "Me too, too!1111!11111!!!!!", then a couple thumbs up, etc.

i wonder how much of old archived randoooom threads were just those very posts, nevermind posts actually IN b&c.

Yeah, I sorta miss the days where you'd log in after not looking for half a day, and you'd have a page and a half of new threads to read, let alone posts in threads. Everything being in the Random section now makes it look like no one even uses Bang and Clatter, which is sad.

well, it looks like i won't be subjecting myself to any more recent house episodes after all.

the source i had says this:
Untitled-16.png

Yeah, I sorta miss the days where you'd log in after not looking for half a day, and you'd have a page and a half of new threads to read, let alone posts in threads. Everything being in the Random section now makes it look like no one even uses Bang and Clatter, which is sad.

yeah, i noticed that during my workweek when i spend very little time online at all (and as of late that's all been dedicated to swtor), this page spawns 20 pages that i don't feel so inclined to read, but not a whole lot else happens. i understand why it happens, it's because people have a couple things here and there to say about bands that either have threads they're too lazy to bump or could start that others would sort of post in for a bit, but it all becomes one giant hijacked conversation in the end so we'll call a spade a spade and make it random music. but i still sort of wish it wasn't that way, because i'm sure i miss plenty of stuff out of sheer disinterest in catching up with 20+ pages of posts--an overwhelming number which will only be inside jokes amongst half the thread that i don't get, and scanning through those got old several dozen threads ago. even scanning through the ones i do get got old.

(I still maintain that New Order is the most-discussed band in Random history.)

That's ludicrous. There are artists who have their own threads that probably still get mentioned more here. And then there's also The Beatles, who had that long series of threads for the remaster but don't have an active one.

yeah, i noticed that during my workweek when i spend very little time online at all (and as of late that's all been dedicated to swtor), this page spawns 20 pages that i don't feel so inclined to read, but not a whole lot else happens. i understand why it happens, it's because people have a couple things here and there to say about bands that either have threads they're too lazy to bump or could start that others would sort of post in for a bit, but it all becomes one giant hijacked conversation in the end so we'll call a spade a spade and make it random music. but i still sort of wish it wasn't that way, because i'm sure i miss plenty of stuff out of sheer disinterest in catching up with 20+ pages of posts--an overwhelming number which will only be inside jokes amongst half the thread that i don't get, and scanning through those got old several dozen threads ago. even scanning through the ones i do get got old.

Yeah, I feel the same. If i miss a few days, i nevre bother to catch up with this thread, as I don't know if people are talking about anything I want to read about or not. Were it broken into separate threads, I could pick the subjects I want to check out.

Like you said though, there's pros and cons of both, so whatevs is cool.

It's The Cure or The Clash, I'd guarantee it. How could HTTT be improved, guyz?

Fucking hell, I hate it when the first half of Sound of Silver ends.

I only hate it because it's a bummer to go from that killer combo to Us & Them straight up. I love every song on that album.

OK, Cobbler. You win. I'll listen to The 2 Bears.

It's good!

i must not have been here on the days when new order was being discussed excessively. never been a fan.

HTTT? the radiohead album? making it into a coaster atop which sits your choice of a nice cold beer or a strawberry soda. only thing i can think of that would make me want to remember i own a copy of it. ah, ok, i think i liked myxomatosis.

I just found out that the only 2 record stores still around me (Graywhale for UiU and Reggo), closed (Orem and Draper locations). Between those, and Slowtrain last year, there's legitimately nowhere to buy CD's near me except for Best Buy and FYE, and I don't particularly like either. So long, record stores. I'll remember you fondly.

Which brings up another thing I've been mulling over lately, should I keep buying CDs, or stop and move over to digital? I have so damn many, and like to continue collecting, but it seems like I'm just adding more pieces to a dead medium (and making it harder to box them up every time I move).

I just found out that the only 2 record stores still around me (Graywhale for UiU and Reggo), closed (Orem and Draper locations). Between those, and Slowtrain last year, there's legitimately nowhere to buy CD's near me except for Best Buy and FYE, and I don't particularly like either. So long, record stores. I'll remember you fondly.

Which brings up another thing I've been mulling over lately, should I keep buying CDs, or stop and move over to digital? I have so damn many, and like to continue collecting, but it seems like I'm just adding more pieces to a dead medium (and making it harder to box them up every time I move).

ah, rip record stores. sorely missed, indeed. FYE is pretty terrible, but even that closed here a couple years ago.

while most of my music purchases in the last year have been digital for that very reason, i only just recently became ok with parting with cassette tapes (which is silly as i haven't owned a working cassette player in a few years, and hadn't used it in several before that, since as cori pointed out, tapes sound like shit) and still hate the idea of all my music being digital. however, since letters T thru Z are the only portion of my cd collection that fit into the large box i mistakenly thought would fit at least half my cds, it certainly would make moving much easier. nor would i have to continue to buy cd racks/new shelves every so often...

There would be way too many albums I'd have to buy another copy of just to have on vinyl as well, which could end up being even more costly. That's my main reason I haven't purchased a record player, I know I'd go nuts.

that's why i didn't buy a new one, and let my brother take the shitty one i used to have. all my vinyl fits in a single milk crate because i've never let myself go too nuts on more than 7" singles (and that only lasted a couple years), but storing that stuff is even more of a pain in the ass than cds.

p.s. LM, i'm trying to watch some random season 8 episode of house cos it's on hulu, and i have absolutely no idea who any of these characters are, but noticed it doesn't matter because nothing is really happening. but i missed house getting sent to prison, it seems. wtf, why did i not listen to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom