Random Music Talk CXX - Cobbler Returns to Amoeba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who go to gigs and talk all through the band are literally the worst people.

Why the fuck did you spend money to chat when you could've gone to a restaurant or pub for free?

don't even get me started on youtube concert recordings where that shit gets picked up by whoever tried to record it in the audience. Yap yap yap, shut the fuck up already...

I won't go to the movies anymore, for much the same reason.

we have "VIP" theatres here in canada, it's a separate age 19+ area of the regular theatre that has a bar and you can drink in the theatre. staff take orders and will bring you a beer and snacks to your seat during the movie. the seats are huge recliners that can turn into a loveseat and there's a little armrest table you can put your drinks and snacks on. no kids anywhere and you're far enough away from everyone else that even if the people behind you are talking through the entire show you can't hear them. it's a couple bucks more expensive but so worth it, i saw dunkirk in a VIP cinema last week and now i don't think i can ever go back to a regular movie theatre. i usually only go to the theatre for one or two movies a year anyways so i'd rather spend the couple extra dollars and make the most of the experience.

It sounds like the ideal cinema is basically a living room where other people are either instructed to shut the fuck up, or placed so far away that it don't matter. Cool!

If the band plays loud at a concert, and you need to talk to your friend about random shit that can wait, YOU SHOULD JUST TALK LOUDER SO YOUR FRIEND CAN HEAR YOU.

Especially if you're behind me.

Even if they play quiet. This happened to me seeing Tori Amos (solo) in 2014. The three people sitting next to me basically ruined the gig for anyone in our section.

I recently listened to this new Cornelius album and it was pretty good. but on the other hand i listened to couple of tracks off of new Boris album and they were bit.....boring

Even if they play quiet. This happened to me seeing Tori Amos (solo) in 2014. The three people sitting next to me basically ruined the gig for anyone in our section.

My experience with Tori crowds is that they are so silent throughout the show, with just a bit of cheering when each new song is recognized. I can't imagine anyone talking through one of her shows. That sucks so much.

The guy I work with inexplicably loves James Taylor. James Taylor is fucking awful.

The new Waxahatchee album is really good, better than her previous one, which I also really liked.

Agreed. Definitely the best I've heard from her. Don't get why it doesn't seem to be getting much attention.

I also super regret not seeing her on her last tour of Australia, not just because this album is great but because at her Melbourne show she had Infinite Void support. They just broke up. I saw them often, but I wish I saw them more. One of the very best bands in Melbourne.

The new Waxahatchee album is really good, better than her previous one, which I also really liked.

I listened to it while on vacation a couple weeks ago, driving through the Pacific Northwest forest. It was the perfect setting for that listening experience. Never Been Wrong, Silver and Brass Beam are early favorites.

Agreed. Definitely the best I've heard from her. Don't get why it doesn't seem to be getting much attention.

I also super regret not seeing her on her last tour of Australia, not just because this album is great but because at her Melbourne show she had Infinite Void support. They just broke up. I saw them often, but I wish I saw them more. One of the very best bands in Melbourne.

Last I saw her was at the Toff and Ali Barter opened; she blew Waxahatchee off the stage.

I've heard Sweet Baby James and liked it a lot. I think he made some contributions to Tapestry as well. I have no exposure to his music beyond that.

have you guys talked about this newest Japanese Breakfast album? it was good

Yes it is. Hopefully they catch on and start getting some hype.

My pals at Desert Daze appeared to have scored big time in getting Iggy for their festival as well. Perhaps a little redundant after FYF but this lineup is very impressive (Sleep was added today too) and it's definitely cheaper:

DD-Lineup_3-Horiz_web-1501598625-640x414.jpg

I've heard Sweet Baby James and liked it a lot. I think he made some contributions to Tapestry as well. I have no exposure to his music beyond that.

Probably, every 3rd song pandora came up with was a live version of something with Carole King that made me want to go play in traffic.

My pals at Desert Daze appeared to have scored big time in getting Iggy for their festival as well. Perhaps a little redundant after FYF but this lineup is very impressive (Sleep was added today too) and it's definitely cheaper:

DD-Lineup_3-Horiz_web-1501598625-640x414.jpg

wow Boris is coming there as well? holy hell it's super diverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom