Random Music Talk CXX - Cobbler Returns to Amoeba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cori, the app isn't letting me quote your post about getting drinks, but I was gonna say I'll have to see what time I get into town since I'm driving up from Portland

Im starting to think Jack Antonoff is a bit overrated at this point. I'm not saying his bad, i just think that the hype behind him is bit too exaggerated. like, new St. Vincent song New York was cool sounding and i don't hate it, but it is bit underwhelming and just ordinary.

I'm with you on this, he's very run-of-the-mill and not very interesting, his stuff is good but not great

^Quality post-to-avatar ratio happening there.

I hope you had a happy birthday, Cobbler. It happened, what, 12 days ago in bizarro land?

happy birthday danny papz. :D

in unrelated news, hall and oates might be the most underrated group in the history of the universe.

I'm with you on this, he's very run-of-the-mill and not very interesting, his stuff is good but not great

like, he was a part of fun., the group that everybody forgot already at this pt. those songs were catchy but not memorable, honestly.

(actually i saw Nate Russ, the singer in that band, in Bernie Sanders' rally, which was weird)

I've probably said this many times but my first concert was Hall and Oates and it was at Ravinia, this festival in Chicago suburb.

You Make My Dreams has been played on a constant loop for years now. Movies, commercials, radio, everywhere. You've heard that shit.

Somewhat related: Daryl Hall recorded a really good album with Robert Fripp, which is where some of their critical cache comes from. The guy has a legit awesome voice.

I should have been more clear: I probably know about 20 Hall & Oates songs, but not by name, or if I know them by name, I didn't know it was by them. Like the three songs above.

May be late to this, but I've only met 3 interference folks. 2 of them (bonochick and LarryMullenPopAngel) don't post here anymore. Alicia and I had a nice lunch a couple years ago. It was awesome meeting her because our dads both worked for the Packers. Plus she got to meet my wonderful daughter. This was before Leo was born.

Bonochick randomly showed up at the end of one of my house parties when I was 21 and drunk all the time. Lol.

I should have been more clear: I probably know about 20 Hall & Oates songs, but not by name, or if I know them by name, I didn't know it was by them. Like the three songs above.

They're worth looking into and actually not a cheap thrills/guilty pleasure act; these guys were legitimately talented songwriters and performers, even if some of the material (like Maneater) is extremely dated.

I have had the Hall and Oates Emergency Helpline phone number in my contacts for years. Just called it and it still works. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom