Random Music Talk CXVII: Leaked Emails Show Hillary Likes Both Kanye & Taylor Swift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Random Music Talk CXVII: Leaked Emails Show Hillary Likes Both Kanye & Taylor...

Looks like Kings Of Leon are ready to drop a new album. They have to be the most polarizing popular band of recent memory.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Looks like Kings Of Leon are ready to drop a new album. They have to be the most polarizing popular band of recent memory.

You misspelt 'shit'.

One of the most poo-larizing bands of recent memory?

70552ff42e056d4dbb2167955232f1b2.jpeg

I'd still rather listen to the first two Kings of Leon records than anything Coldplay ever released.

Good god no. Coldplay will just bore me; Kings of Leon actively irritate. I expect I'd get a rash if I had to listen to more than a few of their songs at once.

To me, Kings of Leon are one of those 2000s bands like The Black Keys that had like one trick, got unaccountably massive, and just steadily worse and worse into the bargain. The latter at least weren't always utterly horrible, if not my cup of tea.

to me kings of leon will always be the screechy opener for u2 in 2005. they were so bad in philly they were damn near booed off stage.

to me kings of leon will always be the screechy opener for u2 in 2005. they were so bad in philly they were damn near booed off stage.

I'm still annoyed about losing ninety minutes of my life watching them open three shows in Boston.

I was fortunate enough to miss all but the last song and a half of their set.

I have *owned* Here Come the Warm Jets for a long time but never listened to it. Brian Eno taking the piss with these vocals, surely. They're fine on Another Green World but these are borderline atonal.

Genius, though.

Imma write some thoughts for the next little while. Got a drink and working through the list.

This song is fucking great!

Yes.

I can't speak highly enough of Waylon Jennings. Great voice, great songs, total badass. Definitely check out his greatest hits sometime when you have a chance.

I've heard a lot here about Todd Rundgren. From Liam, LM, mostly, I think. This International Feel is good. Great way to open an album.

Get really fucking hammered and listen to Something/Anything at your earliest convenience. That album has everything, one of the most fun listening experiences out there.

man there was some weird shit made in the 70s.

I think the 70s is probably my biggest blind spot - the 60s too but being mostly singles-based there's not as much ground to cover.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom