Random Music Talk CXV: Kill Em All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to hear some of that classic Axl enunciation applied to AC/DC.

Eyeyeahheyayeyemmm on the hieeieyeyeyyayeyayyeaywaaaayy to hell!!

Last edited:
Their current drummer is the only black man to ever have anything to do with Guns N Roses and he's being paid

Interesting how the folk jab onto the drummer and Axl is getting a mixed reaction on at these early shows but little to no reaction to, say, Slash murdering November Rain solo.

AC/DC uproar over Axl stepping in for the vocals is somewhat interesting since mr Johnson himself wasn't the original singer for the Thunder from down under...

Well, the band carried on when Scott died and wrote Back in Black as a tribute to him and was viewed as a triumph through tragedy moment for the band. I think people are viewing Axl joining as a big cash grab and FU to Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Axl offered and they accepted. It's not like a full fledged tour, just a few dates. Guns have a tour on their own that Axl will return to once he finishes the stint with AC DC.
Was Johnson a FU to Bon Scott when he died ? Was it a FU to Malcom Young when AC DC continued without him ?

BTW, not bad...

yeah Johnson has been kinda awful, just screaming the lyrics rather than actually singing (but that was kinda his singing style so I guess I can't attribute that strictly to his terribleness)

this is the wattle
the emblem of our land
you can stick it in a bottle
or hold it in your hand

Australia
Australia
Australia
we love you
amen

Australia is not an island, Depp! It's a continent!

To be fair, it was Amanda Heard who called it an Island.

Johnny looks positively thrilled in that video. Sounded like he started to speak in an Aussie accent (or as Captain Jack-off Sparrow) at one point then stopped himself.

Depp before:

Depp now:
1b7e594303d1b80c38d1415d05ef07acbae3efd6d5499d52fb2102efdc2521f6.jpg

I honestly wasn't going to give him a chance cos Joe Rogan was raving about him, and that seemed like a quality reason not to check out his music. But the Martha stamp of approval is hard to ignore. I'm at work so I can't double check, but in addition to the opening track being excellent, the one with the horns two or three songs in was pretty excellent too.

Never doubt Joe Rogan. He'd never steer you wrong. Maybe once. Ever. In human history.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom