Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad hates Arnold. My now deceased stepmother was at LA County Medical Center on life support and my dad was in a prayer room and Arnie opened the door to the room and asked security to clear the area.. My dad had to leave. I guess Arnie's son was in the hospital for some reason and he was being weird about security. It was kind of a dick move.

I just came home from seeing Warpaint. They were awesome. Basically everything was better live than on record and it seemed like they were having fun on stage which is always nice to see. Almost as good as the show itself were the two songs on the PA just before it started. First they played either Ego or Mirror from one of those Burial/Four Tet/Thom Yorke collab vinyls which was pretty leftfield I thought. Then they played The Unforgettable Fire which is my favorite U2 song on the days Your Blue Room isn't is a Passengers song.

I may have mentioned before that at least some of the band members are big Shuttlecock fans. Not sure how public they are about that.

I may have mentioned before that at least some of the band members are big Shuttlecock fans. Not sure how public they are about that.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be an informative post or a bait to piss Cobbler off.

Or maybe both.

Listening to the new Hudson Falcons album, just hoping no one bothers to sue Mark Linskey for blatantly ripping off "the boys are back in town" on the first track. But to be honest, people have been sued for far less.

I love that show. Though I was not surprised to find that it was based off of an Australian show that predictably failed miserably.

Trying really hard to like the new Hudson Falcons album, but if I'm being honest it's 1 good song, 1 generic Hudson Falcons song, and 12 others that blatantly rip off other songs, including one that I'm just going to go ahead and rename Sad Margaritaville. That sucks, their last two were ok, but the first three albums are perfect.

I really do not know what happened to that band. The album just sounds like they picked the first 12 songs from a classic rock station that they heard and said ok we're going to just steal those cos we're fresh out of our own. The boys are back in town? Sure! A little Santana? Why not? Hell, let's throw Jimmy Buffet in there but make it a downer and call it a day!

:|

CAMa2pDVIAAxwI9.jpg
Oh wow, Bono's recovery is going a lot better than expected.

Did we need to discuss that? It's Mumford & Sons. It's only notable if they were surprisingly not shitty for a change, otherwise it's business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom