Random Music Talk CI - That's When I Reach For My Refresh Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:rolleyes:

Guess this fall is going to be quite bittersweet for you.

If you've read any of my posts regarding the new album, I've been out on it since mid last year, so basically, it's all just icing on the garbage heap cake, at this point.

TBH - I really couldn't care less, I'm just disappointed in the band as a whole. Not sure why I expected anything else from them, but a giant media storm, but I had hoped that something would be a little different this time around. None of this changes my general bitter feelings towards the new album, those were already firmly in place. I'll still buy it and listen to it, because they're not going to just stop being my favorite band. It's just that, seeing this again is like some weird loop back to 2004.

And I use the word "hate" sarcastically/jokingly. I use a Mac every day at work and had an iPod for years until they were irrelevant. I just don't have much of a use for their products in my (personal) daily life any more.

ALSO, ALSO, this fall is hardly going to be bitter, when several of my other favorite artists are releasing music, I've got Oscar season films to look forward to, my new phone :)wink: ) and all of my favorite Holidays. Not much is usually able to bring me down from September to January. U2 can't touch this.

There's still a pretty strong chance there will be no new music from U2 on that date, even if they are involved with the iPhone launch somehow. After the missed opportunity/general baffling behavior that was the Super Bowl commercial, anything is possible. They could show up to announce a Product Red iPhone and play Beautiful Day for all we know.

As someone who has converted to Apple and can't wait for the iPhone 6, I have to admit that the increased likelyhood that a tie in is happening has me pretty giddy.

There's still a pretty strong chance there will be no new music from U2 on that date, even if they are involved with the iPhone launch somehow. After the missed opportunity/general baffling behavior that was the Super Bowl commercial, anything is possible. They could show up to announce a Product Red iPhone and play Beautiful Day for all we know.

Is there any credible evidence to this? Just seems like Twitter rumors run amok to me.

Well it's hard to see past all the dick measuring in those new album threads, but no, it doesn't look like there is anything other than "insiders" making undocumented claims.

wait... iPods are irrelevant?

why didn't anyone tell me this?

She's right in that every iPhone is an iPod anyway. And most smartphones have similar capabilities/interfaces on their built-in music players.

Nothing has been officially confirmed, but there are a lot of rumblings from different places. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Yeah, that was what I meant.

I might have to change my tune about Amoeba. Golden voice was ignoring my refund request for Saturday FYF, but I bought my tickets through Amoeba and they're trying to work something out for me

My U2 iPod was named Bono Box.

My last one was The Spruce Bruce.

... I can't remember if I named my current one or not, and I'm too lazy to plug it into iTunes to see.

I thought not, but it seems to be approaching fact status in the other place.

I would say that it's gaining some steam and it seems like there are some credible journalists reporting this as well. Who really knows though. I think there's enough out there to at least pay attention to 9/9.

I miss the old iPods, when I could fit a large part, if not all, of my music library in it. I hate the whole smart playlisting to select what goes into the iPhone or not. I never seem to have the album I want to listen to at the exact moment I want to listen to it.

I still take my 160 gig iPod most everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

The source of it was an Irish journalist who noted that he was not a U2 fan saying there would be something on September 9th. After that it was pretty much sites saying "sources" told them so and so and other random guys. But there was an actual journalist who started this whole thing, and not some radio shock jock or whatever.

Anyway, it's gonna be weird if this is a U2 album release cycle without seventeen magazine cover stories featuring the band staring at the camera while Bono turns his head sideways.

I miss the old iPods, when I could fit a large part, if not all, of my music library in it. I hate the whole smart playlisting to select what goes into the iPhone or not. I never seem to have the album I want to listen to at the exact moment I want to listen to it.

All of my music is cloud based or streaming now, so I really really have no reason to own one anymore, much as I loved it at the time.

I genuinely couldn't care less if U2 put out an album. I still have considerable doubts that a whole album will be associated with this Apple announcement. In fact, I still have considerable doubts U2 will have anything at all to do with this Apple announcement. I can't escape the feeling that it's just a bunch of whispers that have originated from baseless speculation and are feeding on themselves. Just because a couple of journalists have joined in on the whispering doesn't mean they know any more than what they've glimpsed on Twitter.

I still take my 160 gig iPod most everywhere.

Same. It feels a little silly carrying around both an iPod and an iPhone, but the phone doesn't hold nearly enough music.

Don't be afraid of the denim. Embrace it. EMBRACE IT.

FUCK. YES. Amoeba came through. BITE ME, Goldenvoice.

I have no idea who 212 or db's avatars are, but that's to be expected since I don't follow most sports.

Now if hewson changed his avatar, that could cause some catastrophic levels of confusion.

I have no idea who 212 or db's avatars are, but that's to be expected since I don't follow most sports.

Now if hewson changed his avatar, that could cause some catastrophic levels of confusion.

Mine is Aaron Rodgers, the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers and DBs is Matt Flynn, the backup QB for the Green Bay Packers, but they may now be better known as the boys in denim:

Aaron-Rodges-Denim-.jpg

Mine is Aaron Rodgers, the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers and DBs is Matt Flynn, the backup QB for the Green Bay Packers, but they may now be better known as the boys in denim:

Aaron-Rodges-Denim-.jpg

My dad was at that event and said it was absolutely hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom