Random Music Talk CI - That's When I Reach For My Refresh Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mikal: How'd everything go?

Thanks for checking in. You guys were right. She was bouncing off the walls with excitement when I got home from work. She had a great first day. :)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is kind of generic, isn't it? I didn't get past 1:34. Does it get more interesting after that?

I'd say everything they've done after Cookie Mountain falls under that category, but they done it well, so whatevs.

Foxygen are releasing a double album?

EDIT: Good golly miss Molly, the video for their lead single is annoying. Dude deserves the worlds biggest cock-punching.

700.jpg

Well, that's got to be old, has anyone cared about Freddie prince Jr, the subway guy, or bono since the late 90s? I don't even know who Chris Matthews is.

Looks like we're getting legit close to Shuttlecock liftoff, folks.

Let's just make sure we don't get...Out Of Control(ed).

The With Or Without You rock legends about to erupt. No one will want to be Staring At The Sun next Tuesday.

I still don't think they have the balls to release the whole album without any prior promotion.

It would be perfect. It would restore some faith into the clusterfuck that this band has become (even if the album is shite). But I doubt it. Hope dies last though.

I still don't think they have the balls to release the whole album without any prior promotion.

It would be perfect. It would restore some faith into the clusterfuck that this band has become (even if the album is shite). But I doubt it. Hope dies last though.

I'd rather five months of promos than it be the "Apple Album".

Since there's less noise here, I'll reiterate my comments from The Other Place: I don't think the record company would let them put the whole album on there, as Billboard wouldn't count those sales. Even if Apple paid for each one as Samsung did with Jay-Z, it's probably still important for the flailing industry to show that U2 can still more a million albums (which they will) and get that #1 slot without forcing anyone who buys an iPhone to take it.

A free, pre-loaded single seems much more likely, and would still be novel enough to make news.

I'd rather five months of promos than it be the "Apple Album".

You'd really go through 5 months of dated marketing strategy instead of getting the whole record in one day?

Really? That smells like hyperbole, especially since they were already associated with that company and their last big hit was the "iPod song" after all.

If there's any truth to the rumour, they'll probably release a single anyway.

A free, pre-loaded single seems much more likely, and would still be novel enough to make news.

I mean, that's cool and all, but at that point, it's definitely just a "Vertigo" rewrite /Mikal

You'd really go through 5 months of dated marketing strategy instead of getting the whole record in one day?

Really? That smells like hyperbole, especially since they were already associated with that company and their last big hit was the "iPod song" after all.

If there's any truth to the rumour, they'll probably release a single anyway.

I didn't hate Apple then :wink:

Back
Top Bottom