Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It took me a while to get into it, but the new Big Thief is incredible. Releasing UFOF and Two Hands in the same year is an amazing feat (on par with Depression Cherry / Thank Your Lucky Stars).

Forgotten Eyes could be my song of the year if Seventeen didn’t exist:

Hollow-eyed on Eddie Street, no sirens to hear
Just trash and soiled needles clawing the veneer
And no crying but it is no less a tear
On the common cheek with which we smile
Hollow-eyed on Eddie, is it they or is it I?
Is it me who is more hollow as I'm quickly passing by?
And the poison is killing them, but then so am I
As I turn away

Coachella appearance doesn't exactly scream "smash the system" but I guess it's the easiest way to play to a big crowd, plus I suppose the the political significance of the border shows make up for it. The Coachella contract likely prohibits another big LA area show for some time, but it's a shame they couldn't do a hometown reunion at the Coliseum or Dodger Stadium or something.

They've always been about getting their message out to as many people as possible to be fair. I'm just happy to see them back even if it is for a handful of shows.

The year is 2043. Interference servers have been destroyed by the latest flood created by climate change. And yet, somehow, Carek1230 and tinydancer keep posting on the "What Did You Just Do?", "What Are You Drinking", "What Are You Smelling (Volume XL)" threads.

The year is 2043. Interference servers have been destroyed by the latest flood created by climate change. And yet, somehow, Carek1230 and tinydancer keep posting on the "What Did You Just Do?", "What Are You Drinking", "What Are You Smelling (Volume XL)" threads.

“I turned on a light” will be a lot harder without electricity.

I was discussing that story with some people on another site earlier. That is such a creepy, gross invasion of privacy. If my dad had done that with me, I'd be cutting ties with him post haste. I hope his daughter does the same.

Also, not to get all FYM, but this just further proves how embarrassingly ignorant some men continue to be about women's bodies in general.

Also, not to get all FYM, but this just further proves how embarrassingly ignorant some men continue to be about women's bodies in general.

So true. I was talking to a guy the other day and he started talking about his girl having an orgasm! Ha. I told him that Mrs Dalton rides a unicorn to the pit of gold at the end of the rainbow.

RANDOM CURE TALK

I've been on a huge Cure kick lately. Wasn't sure I'd ever like a Cure album more than Disintegration but then I've finally got hooked on the Head on the Door. This thing sounds like a damn hits compilation. Every song is so good and so catchy. "Close To Me" sounds so fresh and I had no idea they could write a song like this. This album is from 1985 and if they released it today they'd be hailed as the hottest shit since bread came sliced.

"Catch" off KMKMKM is another single of theirs I've been loving. It's perfectly wistful and I feel like there's a strong Lou Reed/Walk on the Wild Side influence in those opening do do do's. In fact, all the singles off that album are great. "Why Can't I Be You?" is a lot of fun.

Great fucking band.

Those are my 2 favorite Cure albums and the tracks you mentioned are all great.

I grew to prefer the version of Close to Me from the Mixed Up compilation, it has a fresher beat that reflected the rising hip hop of the early 90s, and almost sounds like proto-trip hop.

I've never listened to FKA twigs until now, but fuck me dead is this new album stunning. She has a similar vocal style to Natasha Khan (and therefore Kate Bush), it's amazing.

Back
Top Bottom