Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you think that went down? Did Klinghoffer back away first and they asked Frusciante, or did they ask Klinghoffer to leave because Frusciante wanted back in? Or was it known from the get-go that one day Frusciante would be back and that if/when, Klinghoffer would step down?

Yeah I’m very interested to know, but as with things being the way they are the only information we have is from their official statement. I’d say your last scenario is probably the most likely. He could continue playing with them I’d have thought, but perhaps he doesn’t want to be sidelined as an extra hand.

I was at a coffee shop just now that played Winter Wonderland and Radiohead's Videotape back-to-back. Bit of a jarring transition.

I just listened to Aja and liked it? What's happening to me...

giphy.gif

My musical education continues... VMP sent out Aretha Franklin's I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You. Not only is a spectacular package (as all of their records are, it's an exceptional service), with white / pink-coloured vinyl, a cocktail, a great photo and a lyric booklet, it got me to listen to something I'd never heard before.

I know of course Respect, heard it a million times, but not the rest of the record, and my knowledge of soul is not good. A lot of my knowledge of female artists is not good, particularly pioneering ones, and my knowledge of the music of women of colour is even worse. Anyway. No time like the present to dive in.

Really good album! My favourite tracks were Soul Serenade (those horns), all the songs she wrote - Don't Let Me Lose This Dream, Baby Baby Baby, Dr Feelgood - as well as Do Right Woman and A Change is Gonna Come.

Also Save Me's riff sounds SUPER familiar to me. But I can't fucking put my finger on what. Can anyone help? The only thing that's popping into my head is a song with the line "...mercy..." sung in a garbled, bluesy tone... edit... I am now certain the song that's coming to mind is Van Morrison's Gloria. No mention of the word mercy in that song though.

Also Save Me's riff sounds SUPER familiar to me. But I can't fucking put my finger on what. Can anyone help? The only thing that's popping into my head is a song with the line "...mercy..." sung in a garbled, bluesy tone... edit... I am now certain the song that's coming to mind is Van Morrison's Gloria. No mention of the word mercy in that song though.

Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison?

Coachella is awful and no lineup can change that.

I also don’t see this big improvement in the acts that people are talking about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom