Random Gathering (AKA "SF* 2007") In London, ON July 20-22nd - Details Inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no - we did it last weekend, it's just more expensive - it's counted as a premium beer in Ontario as opposed to a domestic. It's imported from Nova Scotia you know :drool:

snowbunny00774 said:
Rules continued

3. International visitors must have a Keiths * certain circumstances will excuse visitors*some visitors will have access to my own supply :shifty:

*in regards to the sleeves rule - sleeves cannot be worn unless you knit them yourself and you left it not tied off so I can annoy you all night by ripping it out :D

:p :lmao: Sorry, the only knitting pattern I currently own that has sleeves will very likely not be done for July, as it hasn't been started yet (nor do I have the yarn even :wink: )

Could you imagine sending shrimp - I'd kill you if customs didn't taser you first.

I need bigger bribes or incentives than that :D

Remember, you are coming to London. Girls, that means micro-mini and Uggs. Preferrably an A&F halter top.

I'm not really kidding either....

anitram said:
Remember, you are coming to London. Girls, that means micro-mini and Uggs. Preferrably an A&F halter top.

I'm not really kidding either....

Stereotyping :drool:

Only because I couldn't fit my fat ass in a micro mini if I tried :angry:

i vote we make Dave responsible for any combination of the following:

Keith's
Moosehead
Oysters
Mussels (and lots of em)
Scallops

(sorry I'm allergic to Crustaceans)

VP's got the Coronas and limes

Man what a dream party that would be!!!

snowbunny00774 said:
:lol:

I'll wait till you are all here to tell my stories!!
I'm sure anitram will have some to add...

My favourite are the undergrad girls in a track suit (probably $300) with stilletos on. Hahaha!!

What a beautiful campus, though.

gabrielvox said:
i vote we make Dave responsible for any combination of the following:

Keith's
Moosehead
Oysters
Mussels (and lots of em)
Scallops

(sorry I'm allergic to Crustaceans)

VP's got the Coronas and limes

Man what a dream party that would be!!!

First note: NEVER ask a Nova Scotian to drink/order/buy/handle Moosehead. Moosehead comes from New Brunswick :angry:

Second: Eastern Shore mussels and Digby scallops are a go, but our oysters are nothing special. You can probably buy better oysters in Ontario than you can around here.

I'll see what I can do, maybe throw in some clams instead of oysters. I can pick it all up on the way out, too - we're the only place in the world that has a massive seafood store right in the departures area of our airport! :lol:

DaveC said:

First note: NEVER ask a Nova Scotian to drink/order/buy/handle Moosehead. Moosehead comes from New Brunswick :angry:

Second: Eastern Shore mussels and Digby scallops are a go, but our oysters are nothing special. You can probably buy better oysters in Ontario than you can around here.

I'll see what I can do, maybe throw in some clams instead of oysters. I can pick it all up on the way out, too - we're the only place in the world that has a massive seafood store right in the departures area of our airport! :lol:

You can bring seafood on a plane? :eyebrow: Kind of a cool thought, but wouldn't it start to smell if you were on a longer flight?

They pack it in ice and box it up, my dad once bought a half-dozen lobsters and brought them to Chile, and they arrived alive and well in Santiago 2 days and 4 planes later.

anitram said:

My favourite are the undergrad girls in a track suit (probably $300) with stilletos on. Hahaha!!

What a beautiful campus, though.

The campus is beautiful - esp. in the summer.

A few weeks ago when it was starting to warm up, I was walking by Barneys and some poor nutter had on a little tshirt dress, no coat, no nylons and open toe stilletos. It was working well for her though - nearly every guy on Richmond offered her a jacket. She was a lovely shade of purple but she knew what she was doing!!

We have quite a few Maritimers here and they're always flying or driving seafood back. In the summer you will have an impromptu store open up at the side of the road with - "just flown back this morning" signs!

DaveC said:

Well being primarily from PEI I would't know these things...most drink Moosie and Keiths in generally equal amounts...although I do prefer Keiths myself ;)

No oysters huh? That I didn't know, they are aplenty on the island....as for your mussels...hmmm...I forgot who I was talkin to here....I don't want your mussels!! :wink: I might just have to make a special trip to the Island to get some - PEI mussels are the only way to go!

ah don't get all territorial on me mate..

Didn't you read where I come from? L'Ardoise, by way of Louisburg..that means I can mix it up as much as I like dont ya know :up:

Keith's :drool:
PEI Mussels :drool: :drool:
Digby scallops :drool: :drool: :faint:

:wink:

gabrielvox said:
ah don't get all territorial on me mate..

Didn't you read where I come from? L'Ardoise, by way of Louisburg..that means I can mix it up as much as I like dont ya know :up:

Keith's :drool:
PEI Mussels :drool: :drool:
Digby scallops :drool: :drool: :faint:

Don't let this go past this thread, but I think PEI mussels are better than NS mussels, too :shh: NS mussels are a bit more rubbery and you get bad ones (not tainted, just DOA - you aren't ever supposed to eat mussels if they're dead before they go in the pot) more often, I think.

I'm seriously up for this seafood feast. Hell, I'll even cook if someone's got a barbecue I can get my hands on for an afternoon, I have a recipe for shellfish & lobster, all cooked in the same pan on the BBQ on a bed of wet seaweed - the seaweed steams the shellfish and lobster, and all you need to do is toss it all in a big pan and leave it on the grill for a couple hours :drool::drool:

Back
Top Bottom