A Snowbunny, PopAngel and a Punk Walk Into A Bar In London, & You're All Invited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which dates work for you?

• July 6-8th

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • July 13-15th

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • July 20-22th

• July 27-29th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm not committing to anything as of yet... any flight i'd take friday night would have to be after 5pm, so you may already be up in london... we'll see.

next time hows 'bouts we pick a major metropolitan city :mad::wink:

How abouts the location wasn't the American Ambassador's idea?

:mad: :wink:

Keep me posted. I may end up taking that Friday off anyway, depending on plans and stuff.

VintagePunk said:

Or, you could take the train, if flying to Buffalo is cheaper than flying into Detroit. I know Amtrak goes from Buffalo to Toronto. Not sure about directly to London, but if not, you could switch to a Toronto to London bound train at the same station...it's probably just over an hour from Toronto to London, and fairly reasonable.

Actually it's 2 hours from TO to London (God knows I'm on that train enough :lol: ) But yes, definitely reasonable pricing, especially if you buy a week or more in advance :)

Drea said:

Actually it's 2 hours from TO to London (God knows I'm on that train enough :lol: ) But yes, definitely reasonable pricing, especially if you buy a week or more in advance :)

problem is i wouldn't get into buffalo till 6:30ish... so 2 hours to toronto and then another two hours back to london... and that's assuming the train schedule is favorable, which it probably won't so it'll most likely be more than four hours... thus then i'd be getting into town probably after 11, then check into whatever hotel, yadda yadda yadda it pretty much kills one night and it's only a two night trip.

renting a car for the weekend from avis would only cost about 100 bucks... that's an option but one i'd prefer not to take.

we'll see... i'm trying to work it out but again, no gaurantees.

now if it were in, say, chicago... giddiup. i'd be there. pick a bigger city next time :mad: :wink:

I agree, if it had been Detroit I would say pencil me in as a very good possibility as it would be an easy drive for me.

Still, a long way off, just depends on what is going on I guess. If I had to have a passport I would not be going for sure though.

If it was in Chicago or Detroit then it wouldn't be a Canadian gethering like we've been whining about wanting to have!!

Blue Room - do you mean you intend to never get a passport? Just curious - obviously I wouldn't think you would get one just for this...and Headache - you have no passport either? I ask as I was going to try and find the fastest/cheapest way for you to get here.

Stop making excuses, people. :tsk:

The drive from MI to London is a VERY easy one. I'd recommend crossing at Port Huron, it's much easier than Detroit. Cross the border (again, no passport needed by car), get on the 402 - traffic is very light on that hwy - and it takes you right to London. An hour and 20 minutes, if you follow the speed limit. More realistically, an hour. Very easy. :yes:

Headache, the Toronto - London route is a very popular and vastly travelled one. I wouldn't be surprised if trains leave hourly. The schedule is here:

www.via.ca

Okay, I just checked, and there's one around 7:45 and another around 9 pm on the Friday evening. Return fare is $69 CDN.

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
If it was in Chicago or Detroit then it wouldn't be a Canadian gethering like we've been whining about wanting to have!!

Blue Room - do you mean you intend to never get a passport? Just curious - obviously I wouldn't think you would get one just for this...and Headache - you have no passport either? I ask as I was going to try and find the fastest/cheapest way for you to get here.

But I'm not Canadian.......... :wink: :lol:

At this point I dont need a passport. The only time I have been out of the U.S. is to go to Toronto to see U2. If I ever fullfill my dream trip to Ireland to see U2 play, obviously I would need to get one then. Until then, I dont need one.

If I was in Detroit it wouldnt be bad. But I'm 2.5 to 3 hours from Detroit. So tack that onto the 2 to 3 hours from Detroit to London (minimum) and its a fairly long drive. :shrug:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:angry:

If I'm driving the 402, we can make it in 45 minutes, tops.

:shh:

:giggle: Just be careful - any tickets in Ontario cross over onto your MI record (if you're from MI), and vice versa. My sister found that out the hard way (having a leadfoot is a family trait, one that I don't possess :shifty: )

Blue Room - crossing at Port Huron and following VP's directions from there would shorten your trip for sure :)

If you have to take a Friday flight after 5pm, how long would it take you to get to each of the airports? i.e. what time would be the earliest flight you could make from each airport?

I promised I wouldn't work past midnight tonight so I need something non work related to work on. I have a list of options I just need to know what's doable for you. Anyone else need their travel planned? :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

If I can do the 13-14 hours to NY from Detroit, you can do this.

Come on, Shannon. Slutfest 2007 needs you. :flirt:

And if I could do the 60 - 62 hrs from NYC to Flagstaff, Arizona YOU can certainly do THIS, HS! :lmao:

Oh, and yes I've ALSO done the 13-14 hrs to Detroit plus THEN CONTINJUING ON to East Lansing. :wink:

Have a great time everyone. :wave:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Snow, can you PM me your e-mail address? :shifty:

Beav, just bail on them! We're considerably less irksome, and besides...CAMERAS!!

I really do want to go though (to both scotland and london, ontario, canada, eh) so I won't just bail. And I only need to spend 5 days with family, then I get another five days with just the wife and baby, so that's cool. I just don't like planning things for other people.

dazzledbylight said:

And if I could do the 60 - 62 hrs from NYC to Flagstaff, Arizona YOU can certainly do THIS, HS! :lmao:

Oh, and yes I've ALSO done the 13-14 hrs to Detroit plus THEN CONTINJUING ON to East Lansing. :wink:

Have a great time everyone. :wave:

Holy crap, woman.

I have the shortest attention span in history so I'll be surprised I can make the 13 + hours without killing someone. :shifty:

UberBeaver said:

I really do want to go though (to both scotland and london, ontario, canada, eh) so I won't just bail. And I only need to spend 5 days with family, then I get another five days with just the wife and baby, so that's cool. I just don't like planning things for other people.

I have the PERFECT plan. It just came to me.

You're responsible for planning aspects of this Scotland trip, right?

Picture this - your trusting family embarks on their journey to Scotland, grateful that you've taken care of the nagging details. You're practically a hero to them. Then, they arrive here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland,_Ontario

You'd be maybe 45 minutes from London.

That would rule. And chances are, you'd never be asked to plan another family trip, ever again. :shifty:

Best of all, sightseeing would be done in maybe 10 minutes (tiny place, maybe 48 people live there - as they say on Hee Haw, saaaaaa-luuuute), then you could go get your groove on it London. It's a win-win. :yes:

Hmmm, interesting.

I'm from Toronto, but go to school in London.

It's a nice university town. Tons of good bars and things. Slow in the summertime, but you can have a great time. Cute downtown core.

I might be in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom