"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the process of pre-ordering the download...

I just did, and I typed 0.00 for the price, and the confirmation page said my order was done and that all charges would appear as WASTE... on my bill. But I never gave them any credit/debit card information. Does that just mean that if you type 0.00 it bypasses the credit card information part? Like, if I had typed something else, I would've had to enter credit card info?

I just want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong.

this has probably been posted.. but.. I'm gonna anyways...

Radiohead to sign record deal, CD out in January
Posted on October 4th, 2007.

Radiohead managers Chris Hufford and Bryce Edge were interviewed at BBC Radio 4’s ‘Today‘ this morning, confirming a record deal for Radiohead’s new album ‘In Rainbows‘ will be signed within the next 7 days.

Chris Hufford said that the band are close to signing a record deal: “Ultimately, the band feel that this record, which they are incredibly proud of, deserves to be brought into the mass marketplace. That’s why we need a record company who have that infrastructure to deliver the CD. We’ve got about seven days to get it organised.”

Does this current plan, with consumers setting the price make any financial sense?
Chris Hufford: “It’s just another way of doing things and hopefully it will initiate artists and record labels to think about things a lot more and not just accept the status quo.”

Bryce Edge also said that the band had faith people would not just download the album for free: “We might come out looking very foolish. We’re prepared to take a risk. If your music is great, people will then pay for it. One of the big mistake record companies have made is prosecuting students and kids for doing what we did years ago: taping music. It’s nonsense.” Hufford added: “The wonderful thing is that the consumer can decide how much a download is worth. I’m not sure how much just a digital download is worth. I’m not sure 79p at iTunes is the right price. We cannot control the price when the cd comes out in the shops in January. The market controls the price.”

Regarding the £40 price for the DISCBOX edition of ‘In Rainbows’, Hutton said: “£40 is huge value for money. It costs a lot of money to make. How many drinks do you get for £40. how many football matches can you see for £40.”

yup I morning mi lord has a made the record

it is either faust arp ...or mk1 or mk2 :hyper:

anyone remember this?

Tour.jpg

these songs should have been recorded
  • morning mi lord
  • burn the witch
  • bodies laughing
  • thrills

xaviMF22 said:
these songs should have been recorded
  • morning mi lord
  • burn the witch
  • bodies laughing
  • thrills
[/B]

Maybe they'll be released as b-sides?

I can't wait for the release date. :drool: Only four more days!

I'm sorry to inform you of this, Fitz, but due to the queue system that they have going there, you probably will get your download a little later than everyone else. Maybe only an hour or two, but it could make a difference. :shrug:

Oh, God...the tour...my fingers already hurt thinking of the constant clicking I'll have to do on ticketmaster. :lol:

Actually, it's all in the wrist, but don't tell anyone. That's how I got such great seats to Arcade Fire. :shh: :wink:

Nobody answered my question earlier...

When I got my confirmation e-mail after pre-ordering the In Rainbows download for $0.00, it said:

"This transaction will appear on your credit card bill as WASTE PRODUCTS LTD. or a shortened version of this."

What credit card bill? It never prompted me for any credit card info. Does it just skip that part when you opt to get the download for 0.00?

I'm confused.

namkcuR said:

When I got my confirmation e-mail after pre-ordering the In Rainbows download for $0.00, it said:

"This transaction will appear on your credit card bill as WASTE PRODUCTS LTD. or a shortened version of this."

What credit card bill? It never prompted me for any credit card info. Does it just skip that part when you opt to get the download for 0.00?

I'm confused.

yes it skips that part...its kind of like tricking the system into thinking you paid for it :wink:

namkcuR said:

I'm confused.

Yes, it does skip it. There's no way they can charge you if you don't give them your number. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Yes, it does skip it. There's no way they can charge you if you don't give them your number. :wink:

Um, it didn't for me... I gave my number, they charged me $0 and gave me a confirmation email...

i don't think mine worked...I paid $0 but entered in credit card info and everything, yet I haven't received a confirmation email and nothing appeared on my statement. but it seems to have registered my email address because when I tried to buy it again and went with returning customer it said I could only have one download... so... :scratch:

i'll pay money if it'll make this easier :lol:

also my friend's radiohead party has at least 50 people coming... it is gonna be nuts imo

AtomicBono said:
i don't think mine worked...I paid $0 but entered in credit card info and everything, yet I haven't received a confirmation email and nothing appeared on my statement. but it seems to have registered my email address because when I tried to buy it again and went with returning customer it said I could only have one download... so... :scratch:

Don't worry, it did this same thing to me. :D

Remember folks that even if you're paying $0.00 for the music, they told you that you'll still be charged a credit card fee ($1.00 I think).

Knuckle said:
Remember folks that even if you're paying $0.00 for the music, they told you that you'll still be charged a credit card fee ($1.00 I think).

Unless, of course, they don't have your credit card info...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom