"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:

What the fuck are you even talking about?

I don't have 80 dollars to spend on one band's album, regardless of who they are. I use my money for going out, eating out, gas, and maybe the occasional DVD/album buy, not for booze and drugs.

Nor do I want to have to pay for vinyl, which I'll never be able to use because I don't have a record player. I'm buying this album at some point, regardless, the best thing to do is download it, then buy it when it hits 2 CD release.

Then I might consider buying my cocaine and Jack Daniels.

No.

The best thing to do is pay for the digital download. That is how the band are releasing the album. Now I wouldn't be surprised if they released a standard CD some time in the distant future, because people are too stubborn to adopt a new mindset of music shopping.

But you're a young dude. Embrace the future man.

LemonMacPhisto said:

What the fuck are you talking about?

I don't have 80 dollars to spend on one band's album, regardless of who they are. I use my money for going out, eating out, gas, and maybe the occasional DVD/album buy, not for booze and drugs.

Nor do I want to have to pay for vinyl, which I'll never be able to use because I don't have a record player. I'm buying this album at some point, regardless, the best thing to do is download it, then buy it when it hits 2 CD release.

I'm not necessarily talking about you but all the well-off kids (like myself) who went to undergrad with me. They were extremely well of and loved all kinds of indie bands, but refused to actually pay the artist and would download everything illegally. There are millions of rich kids who do that all the time, and that's what's led to lower album and DVD sales and lower ratings for certain awesome shows. But I was never directing my comments at you specifically.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Why would they not?

Why would they not?!! So they don't get a major backlash from diehards who got ripped off.

Can you imagine if you bought the U2 digital box set just for the new tunes and then they released those tunes separately for areasonable price just a few months later? You'd be pissed!

And yes, "Last Flowers" is finally getting a proper release. :drool: Thank the baby jesus. This alone is worth talking about more than anything else here.

elevated_u2_fan said:

NO! I refuse! :angry:
Me, too. I hate digital, but people are too cheap to wanna pay for anything, so those who can afford albums but don't wish to pay for them (and instead download illegally) are the real cause.

How about we talk instead baout how awesomely lame-ass the album title is. :drool:

Seriously, you've got to have some giant balls to follow up an album named "Hail to the Theif" with an independant digitally released album entitled "In Rainbows".

Either that, or it's a euphemism for Thom's repressed sexuality.

Muldfeld said:

And Radiohead aren't gonna waste it on extravagance like Bono. They're gonna use their money for good. It's almost like giving to a charity!

:lol: You don't know how Radiohead spend their money, don't be full of shit... I'd like to see you try and compare the actual good both these bands have done and tell me RH has done more, this should be good.

Muldfeld said:

But there are always a bunch of upper class brats with high speed internet connections who complain that they need their money for booze and drugs! :angry:

Well the more I read your posts the more I'm convinced they are drug fueled drivel.

Sorry about that last post. Lance, would it have been so hard to include a graphics file with that digital download? That way the hardcore collector has the physical things to play with and touch, while the person who pays for the digital version still can scroll through the lyrics and art on their computer.

This shouldn't have been so difficult.

Aaaaaaanyway, this is going nowhere good and going there fast.

[subject change]
Anyone a bit disappointed we're still not seeing a studio recording of "Lift"?
[/subject change]

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Why would they not?!! So they don't get a major backlash from diehards who got ripped off.

Can you imagine if you bought the U2 digital box set just for the new tunes and then they released those tunes separately for areasonable price just a few months later? You'd be pissed!

you have a point there but.. IMO, I doubt that they are going to not release it at some point.

Yes, I would be pissed and have been in the past when things like this happens.. Face it, it happens all the time (and I am not just talking about u2/RH stuff, but just in general), it's life whether we like it or not.. And I certainly don't but I either deal with it or not..

lazarus said:
Sorry about that last post. Lance, would it have been so hard to include a graphics file with that digital download? That way the hardcore collector has the physical things to play with and touch, while the person who pays for the digital version still can scroll through the lyrics and art on their computer.

This shouldn't have been so difficult.

No, that wouldn't be too difficult. And I may be wrong, but I don't think we know yet whether or not we are getting anything like that. I know a lot of releases on iTunes official store come with digital album art and stuff, and that's really cool, although I'm not sure how many people actually open that stuff up when listening to the album. That's definitely one good way of doing it.

Like I said, this isn't the "perfect" way of releasing the album by any stretch, but it's pretty damn exciting in a lot of ways. :shrug:

Lancemc said:
And yes, "Last Flowers" is finally getting a proper release. :drool: Thank the baby jesus. This alone is worth talking about more than anything else here.

Last flowers is so gorgeous

and we get to hear the new version of reckoner too :drool:

Lancemc said:
How about we talk instead baout how awesomely lame-ass the album title is. :drool:

Seriously, you've got to have some giant balls to follow up an album named "Hail to the Theif" with an independant digitally released album entitled "In Rainbows".

Either that, or it's a euphemism for Thom's repressed sexuality.

inrainbows.jpg

Album title pwned by Lance.

OMG, the threads are merging together!

So, if Radiohead is without a label, and are releasing the album themselves in 9 days, does this mean there won't be any singles released to radio the traditional way?

I don't listen to much radio, mind you, but it's always a nice feeling when you turn it on and the brand new single from your favourite band comes on. I can still remember where I was when I heard Discoteque for the first time.

LemonMacPhisto said:

What the fuck are you talking about?

Agreed. I don't have the means to buy anything digitally, and that's that. I have a dollar, sure, but how can you use that dollar if you don't have paypal or a credit card?

The future is great and all, but not everyone can embrace it just yet, and very few can spend $80 on one album.

LemonMelon said:

Agreed. I don't have the means to buy anything digitally, and that's that. I have a dollar, sure, but how can you use that dollar if you don't have paypal or a credit card?

The future is great and all, but not everyone can embrace it just yet, and very few can spend $80 on one album.

the don't buy it bitch :p

leave it to the suckers like me :D

BonoManiac said:
So, if Radiohead is without a label, and are releasing the album themselves in 9 days, does this mean there won't be any singles released to radio the traditional way?

I don't listen to much radio, mind you, but it's always a nice feeling when you turn it on and the brand new single from your favourite band comes on. I can still remember where I was when I heard Discoteque for the first time.

Look at Yankee Hotel Foxtrot's history.

It'll probably be similar to that.

LemonMelon said:

Then you're shit out of luck I guess. Welcome to Earth.

joyfulgirl said:

It would actually probably be a fair price (given the CD, the b-sides, and the lp) if the dollar didn't suck so bad against the pound. It's not Radiohead's fault that the dollar sucks. That's just how I'm trying to look at it anyway.

sucks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom