Radiohead: Band not in Crisis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mofo, my friend has two seated tickets left out of his extras. Not sure of where/what level. Do you want me to connect the two of you?

Let me talk to a friend and get back to you. Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

God yes. I never liked that song. It has its appeal among the fans for some reason but it's one of my least favourite ones from that album.

Plus it borrows lyrics from a much, much better song that begs to be heard live!
:up: X 1000

Yeah, I've always really liked Backdrifts. Thom's vocal melody is the shit.

But 2+2=5 has been my favorite on that album since the day I bought it. I think that song literally blew the doors off of my car when I first played it. Fuck.

I'm usually one of the few who stand up for it. It was an obvious "ode to slowcore", Low actually opened some shows for them on the previous tour. Admittedly not a great slowcore song in and of itself, but it works pretty well for me as a Radiohead track. I've always liked the lyrics.

My favourite track on Hail To The Thief is definitely Where I End And You Begin. Sometimes, it's even my favourite Radiohead song. 2+2=5, There There and Myxomatosis are also up there. I Will is gorgeous as well.

There aren't many Radiohead songs I dislike more than We Suck Young Blood. Normally I like Thom's whining vocals but he goes to far on this one.

We Suck . . . is by far the worst song on the album.

I do have a positive memory of seeing it live in 2003 tho. The audience was trying to clap along and everybody was just horrendously off. Ed was busting up laughing and eventually started signaling us when to clap.

My favourite track on Hail To The Thief is definitely Where I End And You Begin. Sometimes, it's even my favourite Radiohead song.

I think there's something about it U2 fans like. I remember it was hugely popular here when the album came out. People who who "don't normally like Raiohead" saying they loved it, etc. I don't listen to it often enough any more, but I definitely like it a great deal as well. I'll have to try to remember to listen to it later today.

It's not even polarizing, really, it's just a conservative, kinda-boring album with too many songs.

At least I didn't bring it up this time. :hyper:

I was obsessed with HTTT when it first came out, got sick of it after a couple of months, then "rediscovered" it years later. I find it holds up remarkably well whenever I revisit it.

HTTT was an album that I thought I disliked, then listened to it a few years later and realized it's actually quite good

If you think I'm not aware of the proper use of the word "literally" then I'm disappointed in you, jive.

Sometimes it's nice to use it even if it doesn't work. It helps emphasize things. It can be funny. Fuck David Cross.

u2popmofo said:
I think there's something about it U2 fans like. I remember it was hugely popular here when the album came out. People who who "don't normally like Raiohead" saying they loved it, etc. I don't listen to it often enough any more, but I definitely like it a great deal as well. I'll have to try to remember to listen to it later today.
Didn't Pitchfork write that it sounded like a U2 song as well?

I think it's a very strange comparison. I don't here it at all. If you'd make the case for a song like There There it would seem much more logical to me.

Also, I think Knives Out might be one of the most finely crafted Radiohead songs out

Oh, cool. I didn't know that, but I can totally see it. Like a darker version of the Smiths. Maybe something a zombie-Marr would play.

One subtle part of the song that I really like is the way Selway rides the cymbals incessantly throughout. It's almost iin lieu of a traditional drum beat. Tinny percussion. Very nice

Speaking of Radiohead and The Smiths, their cover of Headmaster Ritual from that webcast after In Rainbows came out was fun.

Jive Turkey said:
Also, I think Knives Out might be one of the most finely crafted Radiohead songs out

Lance can back me up on this, I think: it's one of the weak links on Amnesiac imo.

The music is fine, but I find the lyrics and vocal delivery really silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom