RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoManiac said:

You're lucky! I tried it with one ticket and it didn't work either.

BoMac, I'm so sorry! My daughter and I were trying on different computers and we each pulled up a pair of 400's and we let the worst of the pairs go (it wasn't that much worse, just one section over from what we kept). Had I known you were getting shut out, I would have grabbed the second pair for you. :(

Good work, martha. :up: I have only just now been released from my meeting. When I heard the faint little beep on my phone buried in the bottom of my purse announcing a text my heart skipped a beat. It was early enough that I knew it was good news. :D

VintagePunk said:

BoMac, I'm so sorry! My daughter and I were trying on different computers and we each pulled up a pair of 400's and we let the worst of the pairs go (it wasn't that much worse, just one section over from what we kept). Had I known you were getting shut out, I would have grabbed the second pair for you. :(

Thanks! :hug: I'll be ok, though. :wink: I'm already seeing them once, but I just know that once that show is over I'll want to see them again!

Once again, I appreciate the thought! :hug:

Actually scored 2 sweet seats for Monday. And it was already after the fact. :huh: Thought it was all over by then. :up:

Anyways, I'll be there Sunday giving it my best for a slip in through the cracks :shifty: I've mentioned this before but will repeat here, the Bowl has an fm feed for hearing impaired you can pick up at like 86.1 or somewhere way down there on the fm dial. If you don't mind not being able to see what's happening, you can sit outside for free and still hear in stereo what's going on inside. This is what I do, if I can't get inside.

:)

martha said:
The sunsabitches at TB let me have section 103 seats for San Diego, but them "something went wrong with my order" and then I ended up with section 305 seats.

:mad:

AAHGHGH :mad: I would be furious. :hug:

hardyharhar said:

Anyways, I'll be there Sunday giving it my best for a slip in through the cracks :shifty: I've mentioned this before but will repeat here, the Bowl has an fm feed for hearing impaired you can pick up at like 86.1 or somewhere way down there on the fm dial. If you don't mind not being able to see what's happening, you can sit outside for free and still hear in stereo what's going on inside. This is what I do, if I can't get inside.

:)

That is sweet.

How far does it broadcast? Is it like a small college radio station that only broadcasts in the school cafeteria (I went to that school) - or does it have a little lift? I can't imagine it goes far knowing how hilly it is right there.

martha said:
The sunsabitches at TB let me have section 103 seats for San Diego, but them "something went wrong with my order" and then I ended up with section 305 seats.

:mad:

WTF! how the hell did they get away with that one? They would get hell and more from me... gawd I hate ticketbastard..:madspit:

zonelistener said:

That is sweet.

How far does it broadcast? Is it like a small college radio station that only broadcasts in the school cafeteria (I went to that school) - or does it have a little lift? I can't imagine it goes far knowing how hilly it is right there.

Yeah, zone. I don't think it reaches anywhere outside the immediate bowl area.

Hopefully you all haven't forgotten that the Radioheads are performing (via exclusive video...) 'House of Cards' on the Conan Obriens tonight.

u2popmofo said:
Hopefully you all haven't forgotten that the Radioheads are performing (via exclusive video...) 'House of Cards' on the Conan Obriens tonight.

:ohmy:

:heart: DVR :heart:

martha said:
That show's on way too damn late for me.

Haha, I'm not sure if I'll stay up for it or just watch it on Youtube tomorrow. I'll at least try to stay awake.

u2popmofo said:

Well, at least the band knows that it's a great song.

here's the youtube link courtesy of atease for those who missed it last nite.

http://www.ateaseweb.com/2008/04/24/radiohead-house-of-cards-on-conan-obrien/

oh and here's why they weren't in the nyc studio to perform it..

Radiohead: ‘House Of Cards’ on Conan O’Brien
Posted on April 24th, 2008.

For those who missed it, couldn’t see it or want to see it again… here’s Radiohead performing ‘House Of Cards’ on ‘Late Night with Conan O’Brien’ broadcast last night.

Radiohead recorded the song in their London studio and not in the New York studio. Thom Yorke: “The reason we’re not there is because we’re here. Because it’s a bloody long way. And every time you fly to New York it’s the equivalent of driving your car for a whole year in CO2 emissions. Thom Yorke dedicated the song to “that ****** who walked away from Kyoto agreement”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom