R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As soon as 'Man In The Mirror' started in that trailer I lost it a bit.

I'm gonna go out on a huge limb here :))) and say that it will get extended in cinemas. Remember - that Hannah Montana concert movie was meant to be on for one week and stayed around for two months...

On the other hand if they are saying only 2 weeks in cinemas the dvd must be coming out before christmas...

God, I hope it does. My nearest cinema is in the middle of Boganville and the town just crawls with skanky types who don't know music outside American or Australian Idol, and the latest fuck-ups by Kyle Sandilands and that blonde tart who runs the breakfast show with him on the impossibly shittastic 2DayFM radio station. That trailer is superb..

Yeah, I'd heard a rumor that the DVD will be out in time for Christmas, which is great news. I'm sure it'll sell out really fast, so I'm not even going to bother trying to get tickets for the theater release. I'll just wait for the DVD.

I've heard there will be a deluxe dvd set with 2 dvds - the 'This Is It' movie plus a bonus dvd of extra footage plus a CD combining live tracks and a new song. :applaud:

They announced it on Variety.com. I'll try to find a link.

Just saw the trailer...the person responsible for his death, deserves to fucking die...

Hope this reaches my city

He looks like a skeleton in clothes, though. Look at his arm in the still shot, it's emaciated. I mean, he's been too thin, really since the Thriller era, but I've never seen him that skinny. I think he was in much better health than the media would lead us to believe, simply because if he was that bad off, he never would've made it through rehearsals. But 50 dates at that low weight would have been dangerous.

Apparently, not so fast. TMZ is reporting Katherine has said no way to the kids being on the show. Good for her.:up: Knowing Michael's brothers, especially Jermaine who often strikes me as Joe 2.0, they'd love the kids on the show to boost ratings/their careers, but I really didn't think Katherine would be ok with that knowing how her son did everything to protect her grandkids' privacy.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/14/michael-jackson-katherine-jackson-reality-show-a-and-e-children/

wasn't he the only brother to not break away from motown and joe jackson?

Jermaine stayed with Motown in the mid 70s when Joe took the other 4 and left because he was married to Barry Gordy's daughter at the time. He's just always had this really sleazy vibe to me like Joe. If kissing Michael's ass is what will make money he'll do that, if trashing him will make money he'll do that. Out of all the brothers, he's always seemed like the most jealous of Michael's success. I've never bought his "I worship the ground Michael walks on" act. It's always seemed very fake and calculated, especially now.

Has anyone seen This Is It yet? I saw it today and I thought it was good. It really gave a glimpse of how much of a perfectionist he was when he was performing. Made me regret even more that I never got to see him live.

I think I'm just going to wait for the DVD. I have a feeling I'll be crying my eyes out, and I'd rather not do that in a theater. I've seen a lot of clips, and he was brilliant even in rehearsal.:heart:

^That's adorable. I can just imagine being one of the dancers or musicians or anyone working on this tour who's idolized MJ and then had the opportunity to work with him. Not only was he a musical genius, he was simply a genuinely kind, good person. I never thought I could miss someone I didn't even know so much.:sad:

I saw it last Thursday in early afternoon (best time to go see it during the week because the theater was practically empty) and was blown away at what the show could have been if it happened. MJ was the performer at his best. I also never got to see him live and feel bummed about it to this day. :sad:

I saw it this past weekend, too. Wow, that was going to be an epic show. It was really something, and I found it to be inspirational.

The reality of his death did not hit me until, during one practice, I noticed tape around his fingers. I wonder if they were for medical reasons? I know docs/nurses tend to prick fingers on the sides of the tip, not the very tip, because of the nerves. The bandages definitely didn't cover the very tips of the fingers. He was also very skinny, and looked fragile to me. I couldn't fathom doing 50 shows at his condition.

Poor guy. I too, wish I could've seen him live. It was really going to be an incredible show.

yeah, i also noticed how skinny he looked. i'm not sure he would've been able to do 50 shows either. it's amazing to think how awesome the footage was given this was all rehearsal stuff. he was holding himself back with his dancing and singing and he was still amazing. strangely enough, one of the songs i got the biggest kick out of hearing was shake your body (down to the ground). and of course thriller was amazing. what a show this would've been.

I saw it this past weekend, too. Wow, that was going to be an epic show. It was really something, and I found it to be inspirational.

The reality of his death did not hit me until, during one practice, I noticed tape around his fingers. I wonder if they were for medical reasons? I know docs/nurses tend to prick fingers on the sides of the tip, not the very tip, because of the nerves. The bandages definitely didn't cover the very tips of the fingers. He was also very skinny, and looked fragile to me. I couldn't fathom doing 50 shows at his condition.

Poor guy. I too, wish I could've seen him live. It was really going to be an incredible show.

That's so amazing to hear. I'm glad you liked it!:love: One thing though, if you look back at old performances you'll see Michael often wore tape around his fingers when he was performing. His explanation was that when he threw his hands or arms out at certain points, he wanted the audience to be drawn to them and the tape would ensure that they were looking at them. It was the same reason he wore white socks and those shorter black pants, so peoples' eyes would be drawn to his feet. Some have also speculated that he wore the tape on his fingers because of nail discoloration due to his lupus, but he never confirmed that, so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom