quality of performance over varied setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellow moog

War Child
I was at the United Center last night GA and I have to say even after 45 plus shows in 20 years, they STILL blow me away!

I like varied setlists just like anyone else but when you see a powerful performance of a song like New Year's Day last night or Sunday Bloody Sunday, you realise that what you are seeing as an incredible experience regardless.

Appreciate U2 now for what you have NOW!. They WILL NOT BE HERE FOREVER.

And do you guys who give a band that throw a blazing slow where Bono sings his heart soul and guts out a b-, what would you give the creation of the Universe a C+????? The glitches are part of U2. They always have been. Check your bootlegs.

Sorry for the rant but please appreciate you are witnessing something very special that, when gone, you'll understand how special they were.

great post!

i was telling my friend this morning that there's no way anyone could give last night's concert a negative review. i should have known better. some U2 fans are just never happy.

last night, i pretty much knew what song would be played next, but i didn't care. U2 was nailing every song they played, and that is what's important to me.

I totally agree, I don't understand how U2 playing one song over another can make people love or hate a performance.
I talked with a ton of hardcore fans in the GA line last night, and hardly any of them sit at their computers every night and follow every setlist. They wouldn't know it if U2 played a completely different setlist all together, they would have been just as excited for last nights setlist.

Last night at the UC was incredible, and I wasn't dissappointed over any aspect of it.

Back
Top Bottom