Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It isn't hard looking interesting now since his Elevation/Vertigo image was basically a badly aged, washed up The Fly.

Other than the "green monstrosity" Cuban hat and the bowler hat all the stuff you mentioned was ok with me.

So you hate Bono's "look" for the past 8 years, but you have managed to post over 15,000 times during that period. So I guess it doesn't matter if you like Bono's look or not.

Why are you not celebrating it and getting a life intead of on here moaning about people moaning? :hmm: Just saying :huh:

Sadly, I'm stuck at home and tied to my computer because I have to work. I don't celebrate New Year.

But I'm not worried about U2's new music at all, I'm in pretty high spirits and confident. I just say there is no need to be so desperate about any new snippet. We had the official album announcement, that should have brought some relief, and we'll have more news very soon.

Peace, ok?

Meanwhile...back on topic *Batman Narrator voice*

Have anymore snippets emerged yet? I'm surprised that no one was able to scan a page or two. Is it because the magazine is too big? I've never held a Q mag. Just wondering.

So you hate Bono's "look" for the past 8 years, but you have managed to post over 15,000 times during that period. So I guess it doesn't matter if you like Bono's look or not.

Hate isn't a word I associate with U2. Least of all on their looks.

I just want to say i never said that MERCY is MOMENT OF SURRENDER. I was just saying that MERCY will probably, most likely not be on the album, and the only way it would be is if it was completely reworked into a different song that isn't even recognizable. Not MOMENT OF SURRENDER, persay, (and btw i do highly doubt that any bit of MERCY is making it onto the album) why you ask? Well, sure, COBL was a POP leftover, but we never had a leaked version. Or a demo version. It was pretty much unknown until it wound up on the BOMB. Everyone on this site has heard MERCY. We know this. U2 knows this. So there you have it. MERCY has been released. Not officially. But it has been. There would be nothing in it for U2 to rerelease a song that everyone who is a diehard U2 fan has probably already heard. It would go against their spontaneous nature. (waiting for someone to point out the rerecording of Sweetest Thing as a defense argument)

While I realize that Mercy has not been released on a CD it was my understanding that it was released in the Complete U2 download from Itunes in the folder of rare and unreleased material, so therefore would that not be consider a release?

Dana

While I realize that Mercy has not been released on a CD it was my understanding that it was released in the Complete U2 download from Itunes in the folder of rare and unreleased material, so therefore would that not be consider a release?

Dana

No Mercy was not a part of The Complete U2 and has never been officially released by U2.

Their Ultimate Interview, Their Greatest Album...

addon.php

THE BESTEST INTERVIEW EVAR.

TEH GREATEST ALBUM EVAR.

ONE MAGAZINE.

Q.

(We're also showing their latest video, which may or may not mean what you think it does).

I would bet that many people don't share your belief....but I don't have the time to wrangle up that many people :wink:

seriously, its an OKAY song at best. It trying too hard to be something significant, but never quite gets there. I've always thought it was too preachy and annoying. I think Bono was trying to pen a lyric similar to SYCMIOYO but couldn't quite do it. Thankfully he did a few years later.

I actually think it's U2's best song this decade -- which isn't saying much. I think the lyrics are great and so is the melody. I used to like "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own", but it fell flat a year later and ever since. The bridge is ripped off "Electrical Storm" and the "opera is in me" line makes me shudder.

Do we actually have the Q interview yet? It's exhuasting coming back to this thread.. anyway happy new year all!!

Paul Rees, Q editor, says to the BBC about upcoming music:

Best returning artist for 2009
That'll be U2 with their No Line On The Horizon album and the attendant tour. I've been fortunate enough to hear a number of the tracks slated for the album, and there's a real sense that this is the best thing they've done since Achtung Baby.

In the interview Bono says that NLOTH will indeed have two parts, but it won't be "Sky" and "Sea" like we have speculated, it will be "Darkness" and "Daylight". I like the concept that the songs on the album take place in 24 hours.

And :lol: about the swallows coming in and shitting on Larry's drums in Fez.

In the interview Bono says that NLOTH will indeed have two parts, but it won't be "Sky" and "Sea" like we have speculated, it will be "Darkness" and "Daylight". I like the concept that the songs on the album take place in 24 hours.

And :lol: about the swallows coming in and shitting on Larry's drums in Fez.

OMG U2 Ripped off 24!!!!

Back
Top Bottom