Q Magazine (December 2011)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the pic I figured you meant, but I still wanna see it on the cover. :)

Actually I wanna see it my hands. :wink:

:sexywink:

akyyY.jpg

Good morning all. I just got an e-mail from my friend in England saying she cannot get the magazine anywhere because wherever she went she only found the regular Q without the cd. People at the shops are saying the CD comes only with "limited editions" and subscriber copies, but she also suspects some of the CD's were removed. She says she went to dozens of stores and there's only the mag, not the CD. Someone at one shop told her that he never experienced anything like that, because the run on the new Q issue seems to be incredible.

I'm giving up on that one and will try to get the regular magazine when it comes out here. I'm simply not lucky when it comes to U2 magazines. Thank God I was at least able to get the album tracks yesterday, but I would have loved to get the original CD as well. I hope I will at least manage to get my hands on the regular Q when it comes out here, since I don't think it will be as much in demand here. I don't want to order it anywhere because I suppose the risk of getting it without the CD are too high.

Thanks a lot for the scans, so I can at least read the article and look at the beautiful pictures :)

I thought it looks like he's wearing Bono's Glastonbury belt buckle. :shifty:

:wink: Because ya know it isn't like they're all opposed to belt buckle sharing. *cough Bono Adam*

That was my first thought too! :lol: Look at the coin-y shape!

The magazine is usually a week late here. So I'll try my luck next week.

For the record , have any of you checked the u2.com shop yet? It was available for ordering there. The normal u2 cover plus CD

wow, i can't believe people are having trouble getting hold of this in the UK at regular stores... i was counting on having one brought over in the next couple of weeks... oh well... if i can get hold of any extras i will, in case any of you guys are stuck...

No problem, its easy! I'm going to wait to check if its in store here tomorrow, if not I'm just ordering it from the U2.com store. :shrug: no stress.

People in the UK are saying it's limited edtion only and the CD won't be shipped outside of the UK.

My friend says there were copies stolen to sell them on e-bay. Some guy from a bookstore said that the current Q is more in demand than the latest Harry Potter novel :rolleyes: and that the CD is only produced for a limited amount of issues. Some, however, were lucky and got one with the CD but many others didn't. What a chaos :doh:

I thought it would be easier to get one of these issue, but I ordered one now to make sure I get the CD. If you order it on the Q site or on the Newsstands.uk site they ship the mag, but not the CD. So I don't think we will get the CD here the regular way. It won't be out within the next 2 weeks anyway, so we don't really know for sure until we have it here.

Good morning all. I just got an e-mail from my friend in England saying she cannot get the magazine anywhere because wherever she went she only found the regular Q without the cd. People at the shops are saying the CD comes only with "limited editions" and subscriber copies, but she also suspects some of the CD's were removed. She says she went to dozens of stores and there's only the mag, not the CD. Someone at one shop told her that he never experienced anything like that, because the run on the new Q issue seems to be incredible.

I'm giving up on that one and will try to get the regular magazine when it comes out here. I'm simply not lucky when it comes to U2 magazines. Thank God I was at least able to get the album tracks yesterday, but I would have loved to get the original CD as well. I hope I will at least manage to get my hands on the regular Q when it comes out here, since I don't think it will be as much in demand here. I don't want to order it anywhere because I suppose the risk of getting it without the CD are too high.

Thanks a lot for the scans, so I can at least read the article and look at the beautiful pictures :)

Going off of this, when I got mine yesterday around lunch time, it was one of only two copies left in the supermarket - I was surprised since Q is usually well stocked.

That said, it's not a special edition. It's the regular magazine - the december issue :) although for some reason stores are still running last months 25 year anniversary edition too. Also, you would know if the CD had been taken off as there's a front flap to the magazine that says "If your CD is missing, please tell your newsagent"

You can order it directly from Q though and they do ship abroad.

No problem, its easy! I'm going to wait to check if its in store here tomorrow, if not I'm just ordering it from the U2.com store. :shrug: no stress.

Oh, that's cool, so no worries for anyone then :up: I try not to check the U2.com store too often, my bank account doesn't like it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom