Pussy, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to speak English if you want to come here because we can’t understand your gibberish and if we can’t understand what you’re saying about us we get scared. We can’t understand your plotting and conniving and your vile schemes, especially if you sound Middle Eastern. Or American. So if you're Canadian, be sure to let us know as soon as you can.

This semester, I have had lectures/tutorials by multiple Americans who have apologised for being American and for their accent and for Bush.

coolian2 said:
Cool! I'll play with that over the weekend

I'm really surprised it hasn't been mentioned in any of your courses. It's incredible, especially the papers that are actually searchable rather than just browsable.

Also, some weird stuff in the old papers brings the lulz. Some of the "medicines" hocked off in the ads can be great.

lol

That remind me of a funny story. When i was on a school trip to Muriwai beach a few years ago. When we were leaving we passed a family who were clearly Canadian tourists and were making damn sure we all knew about it, they had maple leaf hats and sweaters on - the whole lot of them! Mum, dad and the two kids.

They really did not want to be mistaken for Americans.

Axver said:

I'm really surprised it hasn't been mentioned in any of your courses. It's incredible, especially the papers that are actually searchable rather than just browsable.

Also, some weird stuff in the old papers brings the lulz. Some of the "medicines" hocked off in the ads can be great.

Considering my university is willing to give out good grades for stuff that doesn't even use all of the prescribed readings....i wouldn't expect an interesting resource like this would be broadcast.

coolian2 said:
lol

That remind me of a funny story. When i was on a school trip to Muriwai beach a few years ago. When we were leaving we passed a family who were clearly Canadian tourists and were making damn sure we all knew about it, they had maple leaf hats and sweaters on - the whole lot of them! Mum, dad and the two kids.

They really did not want to be mistaken for Americans.

:laugh:

Better be safe than sorry, I suppose.

coolian2 said:

Considering my university is willing to give out good grades for stuff that doesn't even use all of the prescribed readings....i wouldn't expect an interesting resource like this would be broadcast.

:lol:

I've even used it to track family history. Managed to find out some interesting stuff about my very first relatives to settle in Otago. Apparently there was a bit of a dispute between miners and farmers. But my ancestor must have been popular, because when he was killed in a mining accident, there was an appeal made in an Oamaru paper for money to support his widow and TEN CHILDREN.

The Australian judicial system is based on the principal that you are innocent until proven guilty. Unless your name is David Hicks.

The ABC is the reason that anyone with intelligence remains in the country. And this is the reason that almost every Australian politician wants to close the ABC as soon as possible.

I fucking love this.

:lmao:

Axver said:

What happened to unplugging the Internet?

And if Larry died behind the drumkit in the middle of a gig, nobody would notice.

sorry got an email from a close friend who i go to sox games with, one of my other thesis editors. turns out he was at last ngiht's game the motherfucker! i've been to like 150 games and never seen a no hitter; he's been to like 20 and saw one last night.

BASTARDS

So, just a quick note to say I'm still alive--barely been online at all in the last week or so. Started a diet 4 days ago--I've lost 11 lbs.

Australia has recently suffered a massive political coup at the hands of the barbarian union hordes and Labor Party terrorists.

The country was briefly in turmoil wondering how it was going to maintain crippling personal debt levels and global warming, or how big business was going to survive without being able to bully workers into submission with WorkChoices.

:lmao:

And I think I'm done mining that site for lulz.

Axver said:
Hi Andrew! Good to see you. :wave:

You too! Oh, and things have settled down with my girlfriend, thankfully. She doesn't, at all, want to break up with me. She just wants me to be patient about the future.

the tourist said:

You too! Oh, and things have settled down with my girlfriend, thankfully. She doesn't, at all, want to break up with me. She just wants me to be patient about the future.

Ah, that's really good to hear. :up:

Yeah. We sure as hell just churned through a good deal of the thread though. Nearly 450 posts in about six hours. Makes up for how much the previous thread had begun to drag.

Now let's just hope we can get the rest of the posts in time to go to Whorehouse Meadow on 22/05 despite the looming downtime.

I'm nervous about how different the forum will look. I've always felt Interference's current appearance really is one of the better ones out there.

I'm fairly neutral. I know Vazza's damn keen on embedded video but it's not a feature I'd ever use and sometimes it slows down my computer. I recall a few things struck me as interesting or cool but I don't remember what they were now. I'm most concerned about how the look might change. Guess all will be revealed soon.

Don't know what the fuck I'm meant to do with my evening tomorrow though. :laugh:

I think the look will remain more or less the same. It's the features that seem to be changing the most.

I guess the site will be down from 4AM-12PM for me, which is fine. I've been busy at work this week anyway, and normally don't post too much until my lunch hour, which is now.

I've gotten so used to the look of Interference that even those RSS feed buttons that appeared by each forum struck me as strange. But at least we know it's staying blue. I'm a big fan of the blue. It's nice and gentle on the eyes.

It's down 9pm-5am for me. Which is a bit of bad timing as one of only two TV shows I watch weekly is 8:30-9pm! Ah well, these things can't be helped. Maybe I'll end up doing something productive with my evening. :wink:

Righto, it's late, I'm out for the night. Have a good one! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom