Product (RED) Thread - part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Yeah, it's so bad that Product RED isn't worldwide :sad:

Yeah, I know what you mean, it's frustrating! :crazy: The couple of Gap RED tees that I have I bought off eBay!!

Infact I just bought the following Gap RED bracelet....

GapREDbracelet.jpg

,,,,last night while I was waiting to see Bono and Edge on the Haiti telethon! :wink:

Yeah that bracelet is quite old now too, Gap hasn't sold them for a long time. I wish they still did though. They were just a few dollars and it was great when there were always smaller less expensive things that you could buy to help. At least the RED laces are here right now, but I would like to see more too.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it's frustrating! :crazy: The couple of Gap RED tees that I have I bought off eBay!!

GapREDbracelet.jpg

,,,,last night while I was waiting to see Bono and Edge on the Haiti telethon! :wink:

Its a great looking bracelet, I have them in black and red. I can't though, keep it on my wrists, the leather just slips off. My wrists are very thin too so I have to keep them closed all the way.

JOINRED tweeted this earlier today....

(BLOG) RED - One Color Unites Us: diptyque (PRODUCT)RED™ Special Edition Candle

....seriously thinking about ordering one, can't afford it right now, and €42 is quite expensive for a candle! :ohmy: But maybe next month! :hmm:

I bought one of these and it came yesterday.

It came really nicely packaged with a personalized handwritten note thanking me for the purchase and they included a handful of trial sized toiletries from their company. It was very impressive.

GapREDbracelet.jpg

I had to buy all the colors when I saw them, especially when they were on sale for ...................99 cents!!!!!

Its a great looking bracelet, I have them in black and red. I can't though, keep it on my wrists, the leather just slips off. My wrists are very thin too so I have to keep them closed all the way.

Oh I have the same problem, i.e. slim wrists and small hands. Infact one of my online buddies (you know who you are! :sexywink: ) sent me this bracelet a couple of years ago, but I only had it for a few months coz I lost it when it slipped off my wrist while at work (as a gardener at our local graveyard!), and didn't notice until later, and I went looking for it, but I never found it! :sad:

And ever since I've been looking to replace it, and finally came across some one selling these bracelets on eBay. :up:

Yeah, I've have lost two ONE bracelets as well! :sigh: One that I bought in Copenhagen in 2005 and one that the very same online buddy ( sorry! :shrug: :hug: ) sent me! :doh: So in the end I went and bought the ten pack directly from ONE of which I've given most away but kept 3 just in case!! :wink:
My friend bought the pack with 20 and sold to 20 people,and I bought 1,but I guess that I had to have 2 for this case,if I lost it,I could have another of margin:doh: So,You done the RIGHT thing,Helen!:up:

Oh I have the same problem, i.e. slim wrists and small hands. Infact one of my online buddies (you know who you are! :sexywink: ) sent me this bracelet a couple of years ago, but I only had it for a few months coz I lost it when it slipped off my wrist while at work (as a gardener at our local graveyard!), and didn't notice until later, and I went looking for it, but I never found it! :sad:

And ever since I've been looking to replace it, and finally came across some one selling these bracelets on eBay. :up:

Aww that's sad! But maybe someone has found them and is wearing them now.

That's the one thing about those (RED) leather bracelets... I have to constantly tighten them because although they adjust, they won't stay put. For a while there were some other versions that closed in different ways, but sadly they all seemed to break. :( I wish they would bring back more (RED) bracelets again. Even if they didn't last forever, they were affordable and the purchase is what mattered more than anything any way :heart:

From my team's Arsenal official website so proud that they're supporting Red :heart:

Wonder if Bono willl be there :hmm:

Emirates turns red to 'Lace Up, Save Lives'

Emirates Stadium will turn (RED) this Sunday as Arsenal play host to Manchester United, in a game which sees both clubs show their support for the (NIKE) RED ‘Lace Up. Save Lives’ partnership that raises funds to help fight HIV/AIDS in Africa.

(RED) goal-nets - a first in the Barclays Premier League, will sit between the posts for the match and a giant (RED) lace will be hung around the middle tier of the stadium to ‘tie the stadium together’.

Players from both clubs, including Cesc Fabregas, Andrey Arshavin, Theo Walcott, Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand, will wear (RED) laces in their boots during the game and both sides will run out onto the pitch wearing (RED) track jackets to show their commitment to the partnership.

And fans too can show their support for the initiative by raising (RED) ‘Lace Up. Save Lives’ cards as the players take to the pitch before kick-off, uniting both sets of supporters and the global TV audience to raise awareness of the partnership through the power of football.

The Nike and (RED) partnership invites people to ‘Lace Up. Save Lives’ by purchasing a pair of (NIKE) RED laces. One hundred percent of the profits from (NIKE)RED laces is split equally between The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, which funds AIDS programs that provide medicine for those living with HIV, and football-based community initiatives that deliver education and understanding around HIV/AIDS prevention.

Speaking ahead of this weekend’s match Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “Arsenal Football Club is proud to support the (NIKE) RED ‘Lace Up. Save Lives’ partnership. Through the power and appeal of football, this campaign not only highlights the HIV/AIDS issue globally, it has also created a great way to raise much needed funds for three fantastic charitable iniatives. ”

On the (NIKE) RED partnership Arsenal’s Andrey Arshavin says: “If life gives you a little bit more than it does other people, then you must give something back. Football is the most popular sport in the world. It shows that everyone can help, regardless of where they are from.”

Leo Sandino-Taylor, Nike UK Head of PR & Communications said, “Nike has a proven history of elevating global causes through sport. With the continued support of our athletes and clubs such as Arsenal and Manchester United we can play a major role in amplifying this important issue.”

On 30th November 2009 Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Andrey Arshavin (Arsenal), Denilson (Arsenal), Marco Materazzi (Inter Milan), Lucas Neill (Everton), Clint Dempsey (Fulham) and Seol Ki-Hyeon (Fulham) joined U2 front man Bono at Niketown to announce the partnership between NIKE, Inc. and (RED).

(Nike)RED laces are available to buy now at Nike Store locations, key retailers and Nike Football at a cost of £4.00 per pair.

Just released news:

TV presenter Cat Deeley has launched the Flowe(Red) campaign in London's Covent Garden.

The So You Think You Can Dance host attended the event, which included a display of 10,000 African roses. 3,800 roses were given away to the public to symbolise the number of people who die from AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa every day.

Contemporary and ethically-sourced flower arrangements were also sold to raise money for providing life-saving medication and treatment for those living with HIV.

"Flower(Red) is a truly inspiring new service from (Red)," said Deeley. "I can now purchase stunning flowers for someone I care about, or as a treat for myself, in the knowledge that the profits reach those who need it the most.

"It costs as little as 20p a day to buy the vital medication needed to keep someone who is HIV positive in Africa alive. Thanks to (Red) just one bouquet of flowers can now make a real difference and help save lives."

18154453.jpg

18154443.jpg

Back
Top Bottom