Pride '86: Whon plays the guitar solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTVTOURist

Refugee
Hi y'all,

there does exist a recording of a U2 show from the 1986 'Conspiracy Of Hope' Tour - might be San Francisco - where the usual Edge-guitar can be heard. But then: Another (masterful)guitar explodes over that sound - a solo reminding me kind of metal/hard rock. Bono doesn't mention the guitar player with a single word. Now, I still ask myself, whether this recording is real or is a fake, with a later overdub being recorded (by a musician/fan) over the U2 concert performance? Any ideas?

This is one of the longest running questions that comes up every now and then.

It's not Edge or a guest guitarist. It was just someone that recorded a solo over it, many years ago.

david said:
This is one of the longest running questions that comes up every now and then.

It's not Edge or a guest guitarist. It was just someone that recorded a solo over it, many years ago.

I remember having heard about that a long time ago - you seem to be 100% sure about it. Thanx!

David is so sure because if you listen closely the the background (i.e., not the solo) you can actually hear the same fans screaming the exact same way several times. In other words, it's a loop. Some fan decided to add a bit extra to the song. It's nice and all, but it's not U2. There are times when Edge rips off a solo, like in "Desire" on the Love Town tour, but even then, it's not like this fan-made solo.

Back
Top Bottom