Presenting the new Bennifer: A_Democrat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Simpsons; we got a 7 day rotation, 2 episodes five days of the week (6:00pm and 7:00pm) and then usually a back to back on friday and new episode on wednesday. There is a lot of simpsons.

I have to chalk up futurama, sopranos, buffy, angel and firefly alongside that list.

If you like the daily show you should see the Australian Equivalent; CNNNNN, http://cnnnn.com/

Last edited:
y'all get alot of american shows down there. then again american culture is taking over the world which is too bad, different cultures are losing their individuality. at least that's how it is in my eyes.

We have our own shows, but they are mostly crap soap opera's or the usual cop shows, I can honestly say that I like good quality television; be it Band of Brothers or a decent BBC program no matter where it is from. The one thing that I loath is the filler that we get from overseas, if there is one thing worse than Australian Idol it is American Idol on Australian TV :mad:.

People shouldn't get hyper-critical about exporting culture, I think that it is great and will ultimately make the world a safer place for individuality. There is a good deal of cultural exchange which breaks down barriers.

Last edited:
:lol: you poor thing. didn't natalie imbruglia (i think that's how you spell her name) get a start on an australian soap? :shrug: not that it matters.

does australia have any special cuisines?

Imbruglia did get a strart on Neighbours I think, but still the deriviative plots and hakting are just too much to bear.

We do have some good food from around the world, thanks to decent ammounts of immigration over the last century. Nothing too original though. I did track down an Indian place that does a vindaloo pizza and that was interesting.

Last edited:
we've got cheeseburgers!!! :D:drool:

i have the worst diet :huh: thankfully i have high metabolism :D. my friends are jealous because i can basically eat whatever i want and stay a toothpick.

I cant resist a good hamburger. Not the junky ones, a proper one with the toasted bun, solid beef pattie, cheese, lettuce and tomato sauce :drool:

What a girl :heart: :D

How's this for a destination, Meroe Pyramids in the Sudan.

They tried to sell Dr. Pepper down here, didn't take very well - I think it tastes like medicine - there are rumour that it was America's revenge for us selling you vegemite.

Last edited:
Well what can you do, in the meantime I am dilligently working on my linguistic skills, honing the greek and working on something else. We should play some chess online or something.

Last edited:
you're right it does. i think when i buy the CD on tues. i'm going to burn a new one with the first 11 tracks, then fast cars, mercy, and now that you've said it, electrical storm. the ultimate new U2 album!

:hmm: I read "Earth in the Balance" by al gore this summer. (I don't have time during the school year to read books by leisure). For the last few years i've also enjoyed "Robert Kennedy and His Times" by Arthur Schlesinger Jr. Fascinating bio, but 1000 pages! It's interesting, Robert Kennedy got HORRIBLE grades in school. he's kind of like me, textbook learning just doesn't work, but out in the real world I succeed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom