*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what people would be saying in here if on the opening night, they play 22 songs all from their 4 albums post 2000 and nothing before 2000. That would be unique, interesting, and a bit daring. Certainly not the stuff of a "Heritage Act" which the Edge claims the band does not want to be.

That would belong in my thread about nightmare setlists.

I don't have time right now cause I'm supposed to be working, but somebody ought to take a crack at a setlist of 2000-present. I'd have to think that there could be a show in there that wouldn't suck.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So then here's a thought. Innocence night: SOI tracks mixed with earlier work and Experience night SOI mixed with later tracks

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That setlist is not happening...no way, no how.

With little to no information about the stage and setlist so far, people are just trying to get the rumor mill started. I think stuff like this swirling around the interwebs is fun and interesting and sparks some conversation (Which is why we are here), but that setlist in particular isn't convincing in the slightest. The poster didn't even try to make it believable. i didn't believe it for a nano second.

That would belong in my thread about nightmare setlists.

This... :up:

As for setlist variation and the talk of the first night being innocence and following night experience (has this been confirmed?), I will believe it when I see it. My guess would be that they switch out 4-5 songs from each night so maybe they would be taking songs from a pool of 30 songs rehearsed. Just a thought. I would say any "set list" that pops up with Acrobat is fake.

I don't have time right now cause I'm supposed to be working, but somebody ought to take a crack at a setlist of 2000-present. I'd have to think that there could be a show in there that wouldn't suck.

You know I'm a sucker for this shit.

1. Fez-Being Born
2. City of Blinding Lights
3. No Line on the Horizon
4. Volcano
5. Native Son
6. Magnificent
7. Electrical Storm
(b-stage - but full fucking electric!)
8. Smile
9. A Man and a Woman
10. Summer Rain
11. White As Snow
(back to the main stage)
12. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
13. Beautiful Day
14. Iris
15. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
16. Walk On

17. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
18. Raised By Wolves
19. Crumbs From Your Table
20. Fast Cars

21. Cedarwood Road
22. Mercy
23. Invisible
24. The Troubles

That reflects some of my own idiosyncratic preferences, so it may not go down terribly well with the rest of you folks, but I would actually enjoy that setlist.

Personally, i don't think the crew would mess with the fans at all. They are on a tight timeline and have a identified mission/goal, as well as a clearly defined budget. They have other things to do other than screw around with a handful of fans outside.

You know I'm a sucker for this shit.

1. Fez-Being Born
3. No Line on the Horizon
4. Volcano
5. Native Son
6. Magnificent
7. Electrical Storm
(b-stage - but full fucking electric!)
8. Smile
9. A Man and a Woman
10. Summer Rain
11. White As Snow
(back to the main stage)
12. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
13. Beautiful Day
14. Iris
15. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
16. Walk On

17. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
18. Raised By Wolves
19. Crumbs From Your Table
20. Fast Cars

21. Cedarwood Road
22. Mercy
23. Invisible
24. The Troubles

That reflects some of my own idiosyncratic preferences, so it may not go down terribly well with the rest of you folks, but I would actually enjoy that setlist.

You forgot KITE..... that one will have to be in there (instead of Walk on)

But the setlist is quite good for being taken from the "worst era", most band would kill to have songs like these.

1 City of Blinding Lights
2 No Line on the Horizon
3 Elevation
4 Magnificent
5 Stuck in a Moment
6 California
7 Miracle drug
8 Kite
9 Beautiful Day
10 Get on your boots
11 Miracle
12 window in the skies
13 electrical storm
14 moment of surrender
15 the troubles
16 ordinary love
17 Sometimes you cant make it
18 Invisible
19 cedarwood road
20 Walk on

21 Breathe
22 ground beneath her feet
23 every breaking wave
24 vertigo

Personally, i'd really like to see/hear "Ordinary Love" live.

I don't think it's a stretch to do an acoustic version similar to what they did on Jimmy Fallon.

Oh and by the way, that whole "fan twitter song request thing"....unless i missed it, there was no love for "God II"....that song is killer !:rockon:

1 City of Blinding Lights
2 No Line on the Horizon
3 Elevation
4 Magnificent
5 Stuck in a Moment
6 California
7 Miracle drug
8 Kite
9 Beautiful Day
10 Get on your boots
11 Miracle
12 window in the skies
13 electrical storm
14 moment of surrender
15 the troubles
16 ordinary love
17 Sometimes you cant make it
18 Invisible
19 cedarwood road
20 Walk on

21 Breathe
22 ground beneath her feet
23 every breaking wave
24 vertigo

You removed 'Raised by Wolves'. Well done. IMO that's easily the worst on SOI.

How about this? On May 12, 2015 Songs Of Experience is released to the internet for free. The set list for the first night and the rest of tour features only songs from the albums "Songs Of Innocence" and "Songs Of Experience", appropriate for a tour named The Innocence And Experience Tour.

How about this? On May 12, 2015 Songs Of Experience is released to the internet for free. The set list for the first night and the rest of tour features only songs from the albums "Songs Of Innocence" and "Songs Of Experience", appropriate for a tour named The Innocence And Experience Tour.

If they just put it up for release rather than force it on people's phones it might actually work. :wink:

Personally, i don't think the crew would mess with the fans at all. They are on a tight timeline and have a identified mission/goal, as well as a clearly defined budget. They have other things to do other than screw around with a handful of fans outside.

U2's crew?

No.

Bored arena staff members amused at the same people coming every day looking for a band that, at the time, hadn't even arrived yet?

Maybe.

Not to mention, U2's crew has been in place for years. They work with the same people repeatedly. Because they can trust them. (And I'm betting there are confidentiality agreements signed. Anyone remember phones being confiscated during the Invisible video/commercial shoot?)

Bono's bday is the 10th. Tour starts Thursday the 14th. Mon & Tue would be perfect for an SoE release. Not straight to the phones, but more like "hey, it's here. buy it if you want to." I believe the idea of an SoE release right at the opening has been mentioned a time or two, if memory serves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Not to mention, U2's crew has been in place for years. They work with the same people repeatedly. Because they can trust them. (And I'm betting there are confidentiality agreements signed. Anyone remember phones being confiscated during the Invisible video/commercial shoot?)

Bono's bday is the 10th. Tour starts Thursday the 14th. Mon & Tue would be perfect for an SoE release. Not straight to the phones, but more like "hey, it's here. buy it if you want to." I believe the idea of an SoE release right at the opening has been mentioned a time or two, if memory serves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

SOE is not coming out before the end of this calendar year, and sure as shit isn't coming out in 3 weeks.

The absolute best-case scenario is that they "finish" the other 30% that they've spoken about (which means they need to go back and revisit the finished 70% to make sure they like it still) during the tour, and that they release it sometime in early 2016 to help boost stadium ticket sales, since they've been lackluster by U2 standards.

Any confirmed band sightings around the Coliseum over the past 4 days? Lots of the videos were studios versions with the 3 techs playing over top.

I live in Vancouver and can find the spare time to check it out myself, but it's a 65-75 minute trek each way by bus for me.

You removed 'Raised by Wolves'. Well done. IMO that's easily the worst on SOI.
2nd worse for me. For some reason I just find Cedarwood Road incredibly boring. Sounds like a cheap B-side from HTDAAB era to me. It and Raised By Wolves I skip consistently. Wish they'd have replaced those two with Invisible and Crystal Ballroom and the album would be near perfect.

Also when you get down to it a setlist with all songs from this centrury can add up to a pretty great set. The lists posted seemed pretty good to me and I've been trying to make my own but can't decide on the order so I gave up haha. Only thing I know for sure is I had the first two songs like this:

1. Fez Being Born

Then I saw Axver had the exact same thing. I agree that would be a GREAT way to start a show.

New clip

Description: @U2 reader Stephen K. sent us a short audio clip that he recorded with his iPhone out in the parking lot on Monday, along with a few photos of the scene at Pacific Coliseum. We've done our best to boost the audio levels and put it all together

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWsLg25d3A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom