*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MW was butchered on 360. Worst live performance on a tour. Should it return, a nice slide will save it.
EBTTRT was only played 31/110 times on 360. Hardly needs a rest.

yeah I'd welcome Real Thing again, definitely! I can understand people wanting to see them give Mysterious Ways a break (i always love hearing it live, personally) but Real Thing is hardly a song that's been flogged to death every gig since it's release.

It disappeared for 10 years then came back for only 2 legs of 360, with a new arrangement too, which breathed new life into it and made it an amazing opening song! The same can't be said for incredible songs like WOWY/One/Pride etc which remain unchanged and as a result just become more and more sluggish with every tour.

keep coming back to listen to this at the moment. If they do keep dragging back the classics they probably feel they can't leave out because of the more casual fans, I really hope they eventually start shaking them up a bit. Some people hate this version I know but at least they tried it!! I think it sounds beautiful fading in from Velvet Dress like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfsMg2mzCVQ

Didn't even better only come back for the last tour having missed a couple?

Since Popmart, EBTTRT was only played 11 times circa Elevation and 34 times on 360.

It was not played in 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2010.

Except for the 2000 Paris club gig and Glastonbury, it hasn't been played on a European tour in 18 years.

I do wonder if there is a temptation by the band to split those standards between the 2 shows.

Fine by me :ohmy: if it leaves room for other songs (not even HEARTLAND just anything) in each set then that'd be great!

Nice SCOOP in Vancouver by the way :up:

Except for the 2000 Paris club gig and Glastonbury, it hasn't been played on a European tour in 18 years.

Who wants to bet that EBTTRT is a staple of the North American leg and mysteriously disappears just before the European leg?

Achtung Baby is a good album, but I wish they'd give it a rest and realize they have other good albums too. The songs are upbeat rockers to get the crowd going, and most of them aren't too difficult vocally, so I get why they are played so often.

But seriously, give us Gone, Mofo, LNOE, please, dirty day, etc here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Who wants to bet that EBTTRT is a staple of the North American leg and mysteriously disappears just before the European leg?
I'll bet that it will make it's first appearance in the European leg. If it's played in North America, maybe they're going to play it in the cities that didn't get to see the 2011 leg?

Real Thing is a shot of adrenaline into the crowd. Not too taxing on Bono's vocals.

I'd like to see a full full-band In God's Country. Quick high paced number

This was the song I picked for that U2Request thing the other week. So good, would love to see it live.

Also Real Thing was an incredible opener the last few legs of 360, damn the new arrangement was great. Hope they bring that back too.

EBTTRT was only played 31/110 times on 360. Hardly needs a rest.

Which automatically makes it too many times in some fans' eyes, weirdly enough. You would think on here that IALW was played at every single show, but it wasn't even played at over half of the 360 dates.

I remember the show I went was Chicago show for 360 and U2 was very late...like 30 min so so, but as soon as EBTTRT was played, I kinda forgave the fact that they were so late.

A question for those of you in Vancouver: around what time have U2 been rehearsing? Is there a particular time, or do you just take your chances? In the couple of weeks leading up to the last tours you could usually bet that around a certain time every day somebody would jump online with news from that day's rehearsals.

I'll bet that it will make it's first appearance in the European leg. If it's played in North America, maybe they're going to play it in the cities that didn't get to see the 2011 leg?

That would require far more forethought (and awareness of their own history!) than U2 setlists have previously possessed.

keep coming back to listen to this at the moment. If they do keep dragging back the classics they probably feel they can't leave out because of the more casual fans, I really hope they eventually start shaking them up a bit. Some people hate this version I know but at least they tried it!! I think it sounds beautiful fading in from Velvet Dress like that.

Popmart had some interesting arrangements/added textures for the classics. I, too, wish they'd pursue that a bit more.

Popmart had some interesting arrangements/added textures for the classics. I, too, wish they'd pursue that a bit more.

I second that. Though in my opinion, Popmart is the time of confusion(Mike Hutchence passed away, production hurried too much, etc) to them so I doubt that they want to go into that direction again.......

Many thanks for that report U2FP! I would be incredibly thrilled if The Electric Co. makes a comeback. It was pretty much the greatest thing about the Vertigo Tour.

I like to dream 11 O'clock Tick Tock will also be resurrected. Can you even begin to imagine how awesome it would be to hear 11OTT/The Electric Co. back to back? I'd pay full ticket price just for that.

This. I don't think I've enjoyed any moment more than when I was on the floor for Vertigo Chicago 3 2005 when Edge was literally skipping around the ellipse while playing the solo. Coolest fucking thing ever. And they didn't trudge through it, played almost as fast as the early days. Imagining Electric Co > 11 O Clock> The Fly

A question for those of you in Vancouver: around what time have U2 been rehearsing? Is there a particular time, or do you just take your chances? In the couple of weeks leading up to the last tours you could usually bet that around a certain time every day somebody would jump online with news from that day's rehearsals.

Late afternoon to early evening. I have exact times, but they really don't want crowds out there. They are kicking people out of the are where the first batch of videos surfaced.

Nobody seems to clear if the area directly around the venue is public or private land at the moment as the whole complex is a public park where lots of filming occurs. IMO, their security isn't happy about the audio so far.

Late afternoon to early evening. I have exact times, but they really don't want crowds out there. They are kicking people out of the are where the first batch of videos surfaced.

Nobody seems to clear if the area directly around the venue is public or private land at the moment as the whole complex is a public park where lots of filming occurs. IMO, their security isn't happy about the audio so far.

Interesting. I suppose in stadiums they know they can't keep many secrets, but arenas give them a chance to go into a greater degree of lockdown. I remember when they were rehearsing in Brisbane before the final leg of Vertigo, we could just walk around the outside of the stadium easily and stand on a hill to watch what was happening. There were plenty of people about, not just fans but also locals on their daily jog.

The Raised by Wolved audio is actually pretty interesting and in amazing quality. Bono's voice seems to be in good shape :up:

Another knowledgeable fan was telling yesterday that WOWY was done by Bono in full "head voice".

That might just be Bono showing off. I remember the 2005 rehearsal having SBS in it's original key with Bono pulling the plug after the first verse.

if some one has a drone, he or she could land it on the roof with mic and record everything !

Bono's voice had a long rest due to the unintended interruption that took him out of the business for months, so it's very plausible that he sounds strong now. Let's just hope he'll be able to keep that form for the tour.

And yes, Raised by Wolves is a great song for him to show off in terms of singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom