Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cleazer said:
Frankly, it doesn't seem like an earlier declaration from Ponting would have been enough.

So that delayed 200 for Hodge may have been moot.

Still, it was a bad decision, the result wouldn't have made it any better or worse. I really wonder how long the ACB will persist with this expiriment. :hmm:

Axver said:

Well, yeah, that's what I meant, that long-arse US break was just a sign of things to come with all of the subsequent tours. I'm really hoping that they manage to get an album out in 2007 and tour in 2008. A three year gap between tours, how rare!

What about The Edge's daughter? Wasn't she diagnosed with lukemiea or something before this tour started? Might that not effect where The Edge wants to spent some of the upcoming years?

timothius said:

How about Air Brueni? $NZ182.01 (including taxes) one way for Auckland -> Gold Coast on the Sunday after the second show? ::

Wow, that's pretty good. One of my mother's friends is a travel agent, so I'm going to see her after Christmas and see if she's got anything really good going.

Flying down to Melbiurne is likely to cost me heaps too. Damn Commonwealth Games! :mad: (But the flight cost is more than offset by the free accommodation.)

KhanadaRhodes said:
what? wild mood swings? me?

present_ORLY.jpg

usamilo said:

What about The Edge's daughter? Wasn't she diagnosed with lukemiea or something before this tour started? Might that not effect where The Edge wants to spent some of the upcoming years?

It seems nothing official was ever said about that. During the third leg at some point, I remember someone posted about a major improvement in Edge's family or something, I'm not really sure. I think if his little girl was still in a really bad way, they wouldn't be doing the fourth leg. At least in Europe, Edge is close to Ireland and in the US, he can pop over to his house in Malibu. That luxury's not available when you're in the most isolated country on earth, New Zealand!

Axver said:

It seems nothing official was ever said about that. During the third leg at some point, I remember someone posted about a major improvement in Edge's family or something, I'm not really sure. I think if his little girl was still in a really bad way, they wouldn't be doing the fourth leg. At least in Europe, Edge is close to Ireland and in the US, he can pop over to his house in Malibu. That luxury's not available when you're in the most isolated country on earth, New Zealand!

Anyone else hear that about Edge;s daughter being improved?

As far as Edge's daughter goes, I'm currently running on the assumption that no news is good news.

For the final show of the year, fans greet the band with a display of red glowsticks as the show starts, and displays of THANK YOU signs during Elevation and One. Bono is moved by the display, and before Elevation says 'No, thank you!' and then asks Edge and Adam how to say 'thank you' in Gaelic. During several songs, Bono thanks members of the crew by name. In between the 1st and 2nd encores, the entire crew stands around the ellipse, wearing single-letter t-shirts that spell out THE U2 CREW THANKS BONO, EDGE, LARRY, AND ADAM FOR A GREAT 2005.

Axver said:
As far as Edge's daughter goes, I'm currently running on the assumption that no news is good news.
Edge seemed to cheer up over the last few months

I have been a part of the site for a couple of year, but half of my posts have come tonight. Feel free to tell me to shut up at any point.

usamilo said:
I have been a part of the site for a couple of year, but half of my posts have come tonight. Feel free to tell me to shut up at any point.

:lol: That's great. Let's see if you can now triple your old figure! Doubling it isn't enough!

Axver said:
but you're making me look tame with this owl overkill. :happy:
In general, I agree with you, but I figured since this is our last damn setlist party for a long time, I might as well use 'em while they still amuse me.

Nothing to save them for, so use them all, right? :shrug:

cleazer said:
In general, I agree with you, but I figured since this is out last damn setlist party for a long time, I might as well use 'em while they still amuse me.

Nothing to save them for, so use them all, right? :shrug:

True! At this point, I want to see what you CAN'T reply to with an owl! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom