Poowong, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha.

I just feel like The Fray would be such a waste. So glad I'm getting Interpol. I'd not pass on the opportunity to see Jay-Z as it's the only time I'd do so.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stay up for the whole setlist party or not. Lord knows Travis and I have enough shit on the DVR to watch tonight.

I can't believe they're getting The Fray to open. What, weren't Coldplay available, so they rung Coldplay Lite?

Also lulz at Lenny Kravitz. That would've been cool about 12 years ago.

I really need to get around to hearing some Interpol. I get the impression I'd dig their debut.

I've already given up on it and catching up seems like too much effort, heh.

Most of it's either references to the banning this afternoon, Monty Python, Black Friday, my typing speed, and The RHMT video. Good times.

I'd missed the banning!

You know what's funny? I found the rehearsals over the last couple of nights more exciting than tonight's set.

Tonight's set is awful. Thankfully everyone's in a pretty fab mood this evening to make up for it.

Spoiler-tagged for Alison's sake:

Yeah, what the fuck is up with Pride re-appearing?

Thank god for OTH.

As I said, this set-list is God-awful. Oh wellz. I really think they're still sticking with safe for the places they're only hitting once or twice this tour, ya'know?

At least I hope so :(. If UF and UC are still gone come Chicago, I'll has a sad.

The absence of UF since mid-August has been totally inexcusable.

Alison, I love you coming in here being afraid of spoilers when none have actually been posted. :lol:

And yes, I'm all for Tuesday night good times!

I wouldn't know, cos I haven't been in here... :tongue:

I know I'm being silly, since I already saw something elsewhere, but I kinda just want to not even think about it or anything. :reject:

And yay good times! :hyper:

Ooh, Effanbee was here? Maybe it's just as well I missed her if there was spoilering. :wink:

Yay for Russian disco/electro-rock.

Oh, even putting aside the previous post, the setlist parties are piss now. It's kind of painful to read.

What happened now? The numerous pictures that get posted in every setlist party get pretty tiring to say the least.

I can't believe they're getting The Fray to open. What, weren't Coldplay available, so they rung Coldplay Lite?

I really need to get around to hearing some Interpol. I get the impression I'd dig their debut.

Coldplay are bigger than U2 right now, so I don't think so.

SPOLIER ALERT ALI!!!!!!

I'm not really impressed that Jay Z is invading Sunday Bloody Sunday. Go ruin something else, like One or Scarlet, I don't care...but step the fuck away from Sunday Bloody Sunday!

:doh: Lenny Kravitz. I forgot he's opening next year. I hope he doesn't wear that nose ring that makes it look like he has a third nostril.

Also :doh: for an entirely different reason. I told Dave I'd be texting him like a fiend to keep my hands busy so I don't slap any of my cousins. He completely missed the point. He replied "I thought I was a friend." :banghead: Like a fiend still means "frequently" does it not?

Fuck it, I'll just get loaded before dinner. Then it'll be pleasant.

SPOLIER ALERT ALI!!!!!!

I'm not really impressed that Jay Z is invading Sunday Bloody Sunday. Go ruin something else, like One or Scarlet, I don't care...but step the fuck away from Sunday Bloody Sunday!

See, he can ruin SBS for all I care, I expect it to be shit (despite the fact this tour it's been worth having in the set for the first time since 1987). But he can kindly fuck off from something as special as Scarlet.

Man, the Victorian election has totally crept up on me. It's tomorrow!

I love the options I have for my seat. 7 candidates: 1 Liberal and 6 left and centrist candidates. Oh this is going to be fun to preference! For once I don't have to decide whether I hate the power of the Libs or the fundieness of Family First more.

Now I'm just tossing up whether to preference the Greens or the Sex Party first ...

Don't you mean you voted Liberal Labour LibLab? I can barely even tell them apart at state level! At least Ted Baillieu is from the Malcolm Turnbull school of the Liberal Party, not the Tony "i lurve god!!!1" Abbott school.

I'm preferencing them both dead last in my local seat because they've collectively stirred up so much apathy in me.

I would hope so. I would also like to hear North Star. But thats on a very very long list. So long as in Europe they rotate HMTMKMKM & Ultraviolet, that would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom