Pleban Girls Party - Where old acquaintances are not forgot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before I go, this is kinda cool.

Yesterday while I was out, I heard an ad on an area radio station (Bri and Drea - the classic rock station from H-town :shifty: ). The ad was for an area right to life organization. The ad was the voice of a young woman explicitly stating that "abortion CAUSES suicide and infertility." :mad: :mad:

I came home and e-mailed the station general manager, the programming manager, the manager of advertising, and the dj, stating that those are blatant lies, and that the ad should be pulled.

After a series of e-mail this morning between me and the advertising manager, he has agreed to pull the offending ad, but to keep another where they don't make such wrong claims. He's written to the organization asking for data to back their claims of suicide and infertility. I thanked him and wrote back, giving him a mini-lesson on what to look for when analyzing data for validity - I told him that I'm sure they'll provide data, but that it will be crap.

So yeah, I'm happy that scared, vulnerable young women won't have to listen to bullshit and lies on that station. :happy:

Thanks, Shannon. I'm personally pro-choice, but I feel that it's a very personal decision, and one of the most difficult and painful that a woman can ever face.

There are many reasons not to have an abortion without it being based on lies...essentially, manipulating young women who don't know any better.

Okay, off to do the shopping thing. Hope you are all having a good day. :)

VintagePunk said:
Thanks, Shannon. I'm personally pro-choice, but I feel that it's a very personal decision, and one of the most difficult and painful that a woman can ever face.

There are many reasons not to have an abortion without it being based on lies...essentially, manipulating young women who don't know any better.

Okay, off to do the shopping thing. Hope you are all having a good day. :)

You are very welcome :). Not many people would have taken the initiative to speak up. It's refreshing to see that there are those out there such as yourself who are willing to step forward. The last thing any pregnant female needs is to have crazy ideas planted into their minds. Really makes you question where some people's brains are when they come up with the stuff they do!

Have fun shopping! :wave: Im finally all done :D

BonosBaby12 said:

You are very welcome :). Not many people would have taken the initiative to speak up. It's refreshing to see that there are those out there such as yourself who are willing to step forward. The last thing any pregnant female needs is to have crazy ideas planted into their minds. Really makes you question where some people's brains are when they come up with the stuff they do!

Have fun shopping! :wave: Im finally all done :D

I'm the same way in terms of Abortion.....I don't like the fact that people manipulate women into having an abortion just because they are selfish (In terms of not wanting kids cause they would "ruin" their lives).

In terms of saving the mother or rape...I'm all for abortion.....but other than that....not so much.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I'm the same way in terms of Abortion.....I don't like the fact that people manipulate women into having an abortion just because they are selfish (In terms of not wanting kids cause they would "ruin" their lives).

In terms of saving the mother or rape...I'm all for abortion.....but other than that....not so much.

I couldn't have said it better Weldy :hug: Agree exactly with what you said

bonoishot said:
They don't have any.

:sad::scream:

Gotta phone Liverpool store now. :happy::lol:

^ They didn't have it either. :sad:

Nowhere in North West England has it apparently. :grumpy:

Might phone Birmingham store tommorow or Leeds. If they dont have it then i give up. I can't even order it online as its sold out, oh and UK people can't order stuff from Gap on the gap website anyway. :happy::|

bonoishot said:

^ They didn't have it either. :sad:

Nowhere in North West England has it apparently. :grumpy:

Might phone Birmingham store tommorow or Leeds. If they dont have it then i give up. I can't even order it online as its sold out, oh and UK people can't order stuff from Gap on the gap website anyway. :happy::|

Want me to check near me?? :hug:

What hoodie are you after??

CUTENESS ALERT :cute: :love:

DSCF1537.jpg

DSCF1535.jpg

Back
Top Bottom