Pleban Girls Party - When life gives you lemons....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VP..
they do get in ... i had nightmares last night that i lost clive... i just couldnt find him...
and i have horrible bouts of fear that another dog is going to attack my dogs etc...
with my guy being gone so much they are just the center of my world... they even know when i am sad or upset....the protect me and love me and keep my feet warm...
so yes i know exactly how you are feeling... i wish i could help...

there is a lovely book of short stories by james thurber about all the dogs he has had and loved... you would like it

I actually had a scare today - my niece and nephew were visiting and my niece told me that my tom cat BV had run away. I didn't think much of it at first, because he tends to hide under the bed or in the closet when the little ones are around. After a couple of hours when I hadn't seen him, I got pretty nervous though. We ended up searching all over the place. We finally found him sleeping in the basement. He just looked at us and yawned like 'what's the big idea of waking me up?' :lol:

We've had him for 12 years now and he tries real hard to be tough but he's pretty spoiled. I can't stand to think of him running around here outside on his own :sad:

Molly Bloom said:
VP..
they do get in ... i had nightmares last night that i lost clive... i just couldnt find him...
and i have horrible bouts of fear that another dog is going to attack my dogs etc...
with my guy being gone so much they are just the center of my world... they even know when i am sad or upset....the protect me and love me and keep my feet warm...
so yes i know exactly how you are feeling... i wish i could help...

there is a lovely book of short stories by james thurber about all the dogs he has had and loved... you would like it

Awww, I saw that you had a nightmare last night, sorry to hear that! Perhaps from reading about Kelly? :hug:

That book sounds very comforting. :heart: Maybe someday I'll look it up. Right now, it doesn't take much to get me started sobbing, but someday. :)

OMG :shocked:
i didnt tell you ladies...
i have a friend who would
never go into what her job was
exactly... i repsected that as
some people dont like to talk
about work... well yesterday she
told me she does testing on animals...
:sad:
i am still in shock... our dogs do play
dates...

VintagePunk said:

Did you guys do anything special for your mom today, SG? :)

Not really - I mean my brother and sister both came over to visit and brought presents but we didn't do a big meal or anything. She didn't have to cook lunch today, though, as she usually does on Sundays, so thats something I guess :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
I actually had a scare today - my niece and nephew were visiting and my niece told me that my tom cat BV had run away. I didn't think much of it at first, because he tends to hide under the bed or in the closet when the little ones are around. After a couple of hours when I hadn't seen him, I got pretty nervous though. We ended up searching all over the place. We finally found him sleeping in the basement. He just looked at us and yawned like 'what's the big idea of waking me up?' :lol:

We've had him for 12 years now and he tries real hard to be tough but he's pretty spoiled. I can't stand to think of him running around here outside on his own :sad:

Glad you found him safe and sound, SG :hug:

Joanne, sorry about your mom. :( I know it wasn't all that long ago you lost her, just a few years, right? I wish I could say something to ease the pain. Just know that over the years, although you'll never stop missing her, the pain will dull, and there will be more and more happy memories in place of the pain and sadness. :hug:

Molly Bloom said:
OMG :shocked:
i didnt tell you ladies...
i have a friend who would
never go into what her job was
exactly... i repsected that as
some people dont like to talk
about work... well yesterday she
told me she does testing on animals...
:sad:
i am still in shock... our dogs do play
dates...

Molly :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

Not really - I mean my brother and sister both came over to visit and brought presents but we didn't do a big meal or anything. She didn't have to cook lunch today, though, as she usually does on Sundays, so thats something I guess :wink:

Presents and not having to cook a meal sounds like a good deal to me. :wink:

All our family went out for brunch today. We were supposed to go, but backed out, obviously.

VintagePunk said:

Joanne, sorry about your mom. :( I know it wasn't all that long ago you lost her, just a few years, right? I wish I could say something to ease the pain. Just know that over the years, although you'll never stop missing her, the pain will dull, and there will be more and more happy memories in place of the pain and sadness. :hug:

Thanks. It's been three years (and one for dad).

I should worry about the day when the pain it goes away, right?
(That's from Fast Cars/Xanax and Wine, by the way.)

joanne
i know... i just sat there asking her how she could do that and how she could say no to dog testing and yes to others....
i asked her if mabel (her dog) knew and she said she is sure she smells it
but i think dogs would be able to smell scared animal smells on her... i dunno..
i am a bit of an animal nut :huh:

oh and my really good friend of about 5 years just told me she is getting a divorce and my friend of about 12 years told me she is thinking about marrying a muslim polygamist
:|

Molly - I certainly could not do it myself and I wouldn't actively support animal testing, but I know that a lot of good things have come from it over the years.

I could never judge a person for doing something like that just because I wouldn't agree to it personally. Everyone sees things differently, and if she is able to do it then there must be justification in her mind. She's the one who has to look herself in the mirror everyday

Molly Bloom said:
oh and my really good friend of about 5 years just told me she is getting a divorce and my friend of about 12 years told me she is thinking about marrying a muslim polygamist
:|

Marry a polygamist? Whoa! It's beyond me why any woman would ever want to marry a polygamist ...

:shrug:

Sad_Girl said:
Molly - I certainly could not do it myself and I wouldn't actively support animal testing, but I know that a lot of good things have come from it over the years.

I could never judge a person for doing something like that just because I wouldn't agree to it personally. Everyone sees things differently, and if she is able to do it then there must be justification in her mind. She's the one who has to look herself in the mirror everyday

all of this is true and i still love her but i cannot deny it upset me. i tend to be a very live and let live person as long as everyone is consenting and no person or animal is getting hurt. i know good things can come of it but i also think that humans tend to think of themselves as the most important things on the planet so if we have to kill animals to save ourselves that is ok... and i just dont feel that way... i think every single creature on the planet has a right to live and shouldnt be expected to suffer and be tested on so humans can prosper...
i have really really strong opinions on this too
i always have...

jobob said:

Marry a polygamist? Whoa! It's beyond me why any woman would ever want to marry a polygamist ...

:shrug:

i just want her to be happy... but i am afraid he will cut her off from her friends and family...

Molly Bloom said:

i know good things can come of it but i also think that humans tend to think of themselves as the most important things on the planet so if we have to kill animals to save ourselves that is ok... and i just dont feel that way... i think every single creature on the planet has a right to live and shouldnt be expected to suffer and be tested on so humans can prosper...

My Philosophy 101 prof was an animal rights activist and started off our course with much the same argument. Except he saw absolutely no good from animal testing. I remember thinking 'is this all I'm ever going to learn in philosophy?'

Unfortunately, some animal testing and research is unavoidable. If scientific testing can be done without animals, it should be. If it can't be, it should be done humanely.

jobob said:

My Philosophy 101 prof was an animal rights activist and started off our course with much the same argument. Except he saw absolutely no good from animal testing. I remember thinking 'is this all I'm ever going to learn in philosophy?'

Unfortunately, some animal testing and research is unavoidable. If scientific testing can be done without animals, it should be. If it can't be, it should be done humanely.

i have been called a philosopher, and an idealistic dreamer...i have also been called a hardheaded idiot... i have even been accused of liking animals better than people at times :ohmy:

TheEdgeOSCEra6s2b2.jpg

TheEdgeOSCEra6s2b.jpg

a slightly more pleasant topic :wink:

Molly Bloom said:
uh oh ... all my soap boxing broke the thread :huh:

No, I was composing a reply. I'll bet SG's going through her Photobucket looking for Larry and Adam photos. :wink:

It's 12:30 a.m. :yikes:

I need to go to work in the morning. :ohmy:

I need to go to bed. :yawn:

Goodnight!

Back
Top Bottom