Pleban Girls Party - Wandering toward Ottawa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG booze and holidays are always a good thing. :giggle: Sadly I'm not allowed any around my husbands family. Then I might really say what I think. :wink:

greeneyedgirl said:

Get the tickets, then you know you'll see them.
Maybe you can see them after the show?

Hey Girl......how is school?

Weldy, drinking is bad for you.
Stick the Arbor Mist.......its only as lethal as cough medicine :wink:

So's Brandy....and that stuff is worse as tasting like cough medicine than the Arbor Mist.....and I tried the spiked eggnog version.

I'm currently having a concotion of Arbor Mist and a Martini thingy (it's Tropical Fruit....same with the Arbor Mist).

Russty Cat said:

Aww :hug: I feel for ya! We have no heat so its freezing arse cold in here. I have tons of clothes on. I was hoping Mr. Cat would build a fire, but he fell asleep and I don't want to go outside to get wood, cuz its dark and freezing. :no:

You are lucky to have a fireplace....all I have is a crappy front heater. The only heater that works is the portable one that my parents are using right now....since I have crap all over my bedroom.

But I'll take freezing cold anyday in my apartment over an oven keeping the apartment warm.

greeneyedgirl said:

Get the tickets, then you know you'll see them.
Maybe you can see them after the show?

Hey Girl......how is school?

True. Guess I'll decide tomorrow when I figure out just how nasty the weather is tomorrow....I mean I still have tickets to mondays show so at least I'll get to see them at least once when they're here.

School's been taking over my life as you may have noticed since I haven't been on much. Finals are coming up soon which is why I'm still debating about going to tomorrows show since I should be studying. :( I can't wait till the semester is over though, I'm going home in 3 weeks :hyper:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Mucca :hug:
Go for the show, for sure. If you get lucky, maybe you'll meet someone nice to hold your place. But if you get tickets, you know you're going to see them.
Waiting for them can be hit or miss.

And how are you finiding first year? Making it through ok?

Bri :hug:

That's very true.

First year was going okay. I'm doing alright in my classes except physics. I failed my midterm and knowing the final will be much harder, I'm beginning to worry I might not be able to pass. :( It's so hard to put effort into a course that you totally hate! :mad:

Russty, we're not supposed to have liquer at the in-laws anymore, but a few years ago I just said "wtf" and since then we just sneak it in. Good Lord, we're all adults.....lets drink!! The last couple of years we've just put the wine on the dinner table and no one has said a word.......
But OMG Don't take any drink or food in the family room!! White Carpet!!! The youngest and I got busted for that last night :wink:

greeneyedgirl said:
* Runs to Russty to snuggle up and keep her warm* :drool:

:drool: GG knows how to snuggle real good. :sexywink: :flirt: :giggle:

Weldy heating the apartment in the oven is definetly not a good idea. And I know how ya feel, my friend use to do that and it always made me feel nasty. :no:

Russty Cat said:

Aww :hug: I feel for ya! We have no heat so its freezing arse cold in here. I have tons of clothes on. I was hoping Mr. Cat would build a fire, but he fell asleep and I don't want to go outside to get wood, cuz its dark and freezing. :no:

I'm the complete opposite. They turned on the radiator in our res and now it's extremely hot. I swear we're being cooked alive! :huh:

Russty Cat said:

:drool: GG knows how to snuggle real good. :sexywink: :flirt: :giggle:

Weldy heating the apartment in the oven is definetly not a good idea. And I know how ya feel, my friend use to do that and it always made me feel nasty. :no:

Yea....that's true. But it was my mom's idea....not mine. I rather put a pot of water on the stovetop and letting it boil out....it's less warm....but it's safer...a bit safer I mean.....and I can always refill the pot when it gets low.

greeneyedgirl said:
Russty, we're not supposed to have liquer at the in-laws anymore, but a few years ago I just said "wtf" and since then we just sneak it in. Good Lord, we're all adults.....lets drink!! The last couple of years we've just put the wine on the dinner table and no one has said a word.......
But OMG Don't take any drink or food in the family room!! White Carpet!!! The youngest and I got busted for that last night :wink:

I haven't a clue why no one drinks at our family things. I guess cuz everyone is half dead, two young, or a dry acoholic. :lol: There was beer out in the back fridge I was tempted to crack a few open and drink them down and then go back into the house. I actually was contemplating it when I got caught by my cousins boyfriend who was hiding out as well. He joked with me that there was plenty of room for me out on the porch with him where it was nice and quiet. He was actually a really sweet funny guy. I caught him later sneaking Fluffy Marriane Berry Pie. :giggle:

Mucca said:
I'd better get to bed if I want to wake up for tomorrow.

Night girls!
Sweet B dreams :hug::heart:

nighty night Mucca! :hug: :heart: Sweet Edgey dreams. :wink:

Weldy your idea does sound much better. :yes: Hopefully we won't all end up as popsicles by the end of winter. hehe

Mucca said:

Bri :hug:

That's very true.

First year was going okay. I'm doing alright in my classes except physics. I failed my midterm and knowing the final will be much harder, I'm beginning to worry I might not be able to pass. :( It's so hard to put effort into a course that you totally hate! :mad:

I know it's hard, especially in first year. :hug: And altho a final covers more material, the questions aren't neccessaritly harder in and of themselves.
Just keep trucking, you can do it. :hug:

And I am suffering through physics too. :happy:

Btw,
You girls already have Toronto 2 right?
I just happened upon this link.
http://u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=1067

Russty Cat said:

nighty night Mucca! :hug: :heart: Sweet Edgey dreams. :wink:

Weldy your idea does sound much better. :yes: Hopefully we won't all end up as popsicles by the end of winter. hehe

Trust me....this time of the year...any idea is a good idea when it comes to being warm....it's the same with trying to be cool when Summer comes (which I detest heavily! :madspit: ).

I'm not worried about becoming a popsicle by winter's end.....I'll accept that as my fate really....but I understand where you are going :wink: :lol:

Night Mucca, and good luck tomorrow! :hug:

And if you're still here, SG left the box office line in Toronto briefly to go and shower, so you might be okay to try to meet the guys...just make sure the people around you are okay with it. Good luck!!

Think I may head to bed... if you guys see me in here before 5pm, kick my ass and remind me that (a)I'm moving in 5 days, (b)the appraiser's coming to look at the house on Monday morning shortly after I leave for work, and (c)the 'rents have decided they'll be coming down Tues night after Dad gets off work (which completely shot any plans I had for a last minute all-nighter to hell... :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom