Pleban Girls Party - Viva Le révolution!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sucks, SG! I take it it was back on by morning?

Like I said earlier, I've been in and out...trying to get my computer set up again. :crack: The only problem I've run into so far is that they won;t let me register the stats program I use. It better not be a situation where they can tell I've already installed it on one computer, and I have to pay to install it on another. :angry:

VintagePunk said:
That sucks, SG! I take it it was back on by morning?

Like I said earlier, I've been in and out...trying to get my computer set up again. :crack: The only problem I've run into so far is that they won;t let me register the stats program I use. It better not be a situation where they can tell I've already installed it on one computer, and I have to pay to install it on another. :angry:

yeah it was back on by 8 this morning; not sure when exactly, because I was sleeping until 8

I hope that isn't the case either, VP :yikes: that would suck! :madwife: you paid for it damn it, you should be able to do what you want with it :grumpy:

I'm positive that other years I've bought it, I've been able to put it on both computers. :grumpy: Although they might have some way now of telling how many you're trying to put it on. Damn schools...they do nothing but nickel and dime you to death. :|

Does anyone know anything about burning dvds? For example, if I have a video file on my computer, can I burn it to dvd and then watch it on my dvd player/tv, or do I have to do something to convert it to another format before I burn it? :huh:

I'm determined that SOMETHING good is going to come out of this computer disaster. :madwife: Since I now have lots of hard drive space and a dvd burner, I plan to torrent like a mofo and get lots of video of shows. And GG2 sent me some ysi links...A Day in the Life of Edge and the new HBO show, to name a few. I was wondering if I could burn them tonight and watch. :drool:

VintagePunk said:
I'm determined that SOMETHING good is going to come out of this computer disaster. :madwife: Since I now have lots of hard drive space and a dvd burner, I plan to torrent like a mofo and get lots of video of shows. And GG2 sent me some ysi links...A Day in the Life of Edge and the new HBO show, to name a few. I was wondering if I could burn them tonight and watch. :drool:

Oh I've wanted to see A day in the life of the Edge :up: and everyone has been saying such good things about that HBO special, too. I hope you get to watch them

I'm back from my nap. :)

VintagePunk said:
Does anyone know anything about burning dvds? For example, if I have a video file on my computer, can I burn it to dvd and then watch it on my dvd player/tv, or do I have to do something to convert it to another format before I burn it? :huh:

I know a little bit. Presuming that your DVD player is able to read written DVD's, it should work. I don't think you'll need to convert formats. I've never had any problems doing this before. Hopefully it will work out for you! :hug:

U2picture1559.jpg

Sad_Girl said:

Oh I've wanted to see A day in the life of the Edge :up: and everyone has been saying such good things about that HBO special, too. I hope you get to watch them

If there's anything I can do to get them to you, just let me know. :) If you want the links, I'm sure GG2 wouldn't mind...but can you d/l them on dial-up? If not, once I get this thing figured out, I can burn them and send you a copy.

Could you give some of that energy to the Leafs for their next game? The Dead Wings beat them 5-1 tonight, and all 5 of their goals were on the power play :madwife: :madspit: :mad: :grumpy:

ThoraSEB said:
I'm back from my nap. :)

I know a little bit. Presuming that your DVD player is able to read written DVD's, it should work. I don't think you'll need to convert formats. I've never had any problems doing this before. Hopefully it will work out for you! :hug:

Thanks Thora! :hug: I guess all I can do is give it a try. :) The tv is in use right now...Sarah just discovered the show Heroes tonight, and loves it...they're playing several episodes.

Hi Girls! :wave: :hug::hyper:

I turned on my puter to make my brother cds and found out the neighbors are supplying me with free wifi! :drool:

How are you all? I've missed you! :sexywink:

VintagePunk said:

Thanks Thora! :hug: I guess all I can do is give it a try. :) The tv is in use right now...Sarah just discovered the show Heroes tonight, and loves it...they're playing several episodes.

Definitely give it a try! It's worth a shot! :) I've just discovered Heroes as well, but it seems to always be on whenever I can't watch. I'll have to catch the beginning episodes when they come out on DVD.

Hi Russty! :hug: Good to see you! :hug:

VintagePunk said:

If there's anything I can do to get them to you, just let me know. :) If you want the links, I'm sure GG2 wouldn't mind...but can you d/l them on dial-up? If not, once I get this thing figured out, I can burn them and send you a copy.

I haven't been able to d/l the one and haven't tried the other. as of yesterday, my DVD player isn't working either :grumpy:

I have one hooked up to mom and dad's tv, though, and can play them on the computer

maybe after you've gotten things more settled as far as your stuff, you could do that for me :flirt: :D

ThoraSEB said:

Definitely give it a try! It's worth a shot! :) I've just discovered Heroes as well, but it seems to always be on whenever I can't watch. I'll have to catch the beginning episodes when they come out on DVD.

Hi Russty! :hug: Good to see you! :hug:

They keep advertising tonight that all the episodes are available to view at nbc.com. Sarah tried it and couldn't get on though. :( Maybe it's only available to the US, so she's going to try to get on through one of those sites where they can't track where you're logging on from.

Russty!! :hug: How are you doing?

I'm doing good. Its hard to type, cuz my space bar is still tweaked. But things are going good.

I'm burning my brother cds right now, but this puter doesn't do dvds. :(

:hug: VP :hug: THora :hug: SG

VP could I get the link for the HBO special? I'd love to download it so I could watch it later. :drool:

Sad_Girl said:

maybe after you've gotten things more settled as far as your stuff, you could do that for me :flirt: :D

I'd be happy to! :flirt: I plan to do a little bit here and there now when I have time, and then work in earnest on it over the holidays. If I happen to forget, which is very likely because I forget everything :reject: remind me, okay? :)

VintagePunk said:

They keep advertising tonight that all the episodes are available to view at nbc.com. Sarah tried it and couldn't get on though. :( Maybe it's only available to the US, so she's going to try to get on through one of those sites where they can't track where you're logging on from.

I'm getting the same message. I hate it when websites do that! :grumpy: They shouldn't be exclusive to just the US. That's frustrating.

:lol: I can do that, VP - if I remember :wink:

I'm hoping to finish my book before the first of the year; I had thought it would be done by Thanksgiving, but when I got so sick for that stretch after my birthday, I couldn't concentrate on it

ThoraSEB said:

I'm getting the same message. I hate it when websites do that! :grumpy: They shouldn't be exclusive to just the US. That's frustrating.

Thora, go here:

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

And then enter the exact url for the episodes there...it should let you view them. :shifty:

SG, i can't even remember what I asked you to remind me. :wink:

I know it must be frustrating that you had a setback with your novel, but feeling crappy will do that to you. :( At least now you can approach it fresh and know that you're doing your best work. :)

Back
Top Bottom