Pleban Girls Party - the heat is on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Sometimes we get this for two or three weeks straight in the summer...it's awful! :madwife: At least when it's only a couple of days, it's bearable. But like I said earlier, when you go from the low 20's to this with no transition... :yikes:

just 2 or 3? :tongue:

we get probably 4-6 weeks of really hot & humid weather here :yuck:

sami0201 said:

How were they out of Frosties??! :ohmy: I would have been so upset. :( Frosties. :drool: I actually had one the other day.

I'll send you one. :wink:

I was hot and grumpy to begin with, and when I went to the second place and they were out too, I nearly cried. :reject: :lol:

That would be great, if you could! :sexywink:

See you Sarah :hug:

My parents have been complaining about the heat and humidity for the past three days - I've been either outside or shut in my room with the vent closed and the window open because they have the dang A/C on. I HATE A/C! :madwife: it makes my head hurt

We have our share of over 100 days and it's always humid here - you can't go more than a few miles without coming across some sort of body of water, so dry air is basically non existant

I just like the weather hot and humidity is not a big problem for me :shrug:

VintagePunk said:

I was hot and grumpy to begin with, and when I went to the second place and they were out too, I nearly cried. :reject: :lol:

That would be great, if you could! :sexywink:

See you Sarah :hug:

Aww! :hug: :lol:

I'll bring you one in person, how's that? :flirt:

Goodnight Sarah! :hug: :heart:

I just asked my mom and she said it was just over 100 degrees this saturday - I never pay attention to what the temperature is - just try and enjoy it for what it is

the rockin edge said:

:drool:

i'm guessing in Toronto by the lake it is cooler...like in Chicago, lake cooling :drool:

Not really. Drea would know better than me, but the lakeshore is really close to downtown, and when I've been in Toronto on really hot days, it's worse, because of that effect whereby the concrete and urban setting retains the heat.

Drea? Your expert opinion? :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Not really. Drea would know better than me, but the lakeshore is really close to downtown, and when I've been in Toronto on really hot days, it's worse, because of that effect whereby the concrete and urban setting retains the heat.

Drea? Your expert opinion? :wink:

:hmm: interesting, cause i know in Chicago the East part of downtown is alot cooler than, say the West suburbs.

although it would depend on the wind direction :wink:

Mucca said:

I'm guessing b or d. What's the answer Sami? I need closure!!! ( I'm such a science geek.....:reject: )

I don't know! That's what my friend and I narrowed it down to. I'm guessing it would be B though. That's what I'll put tomorrow.

Ok science geek do you know this one?! I have heard every answer from different people. :lol:

Last edited:
the rockin edge said:

:hmm: interesting, cause i know in Chicago the East part of downtown is alot cooler than, say the West suburbs.

although it would depend on the wind direction :wink:

Yeah, I'm not really sure how it works, I'm mostly guessing, but sometimes when they give forecasts they'll say it's a few degrees cooler by the lakeshore. I've been to see ballgames on super hot and humid days, and the 'dome is like a sauna, despite the roof being open, and it being fairly close to the lake.

Crap Mucca can you please edit your post with my question?? I'm the only class taking that tomorrow and this is reason to get suspended/expelled. :lol:

Not like any of my teachers read this :shifty: But you can never be too sure! :laugh:

Sami :shame:
VintagePunk said:

Yeah, I'm not really sure how it works, I'm mostly guessing, but sometimes when they give forecasts they'll say it's a few degrees cooler by the lakeshore. I've been to see ballgames on super hot and humid days, and the 'dome is like a sauna, despite the roof being open, and it being fairly close to the lake.

well i don't really have a clue what i'm talking about either :wink:

sami0201 said:

How were they out of Frosties??! :ohmy: I would have been so upset. :( Frosties. :drool: I actually had one the other day.

I'll send you one. :wink:

It's called it's hotter than hell here and everyone wanted one :lol: The Wendy's closest to me had a sign saying something to the effect of Frosties being unavailable tonight and sorry for the inconvenience..

Drea said:

It's called it's hotter than hell here and everyone wanted one :lol: The Wendy's closest to me had a sign saying something to the effect of Frosties being unavailable tonight and sorry for the inconvenience..

A sign would have been nice, rather than let people sit in the drive-through line for 10 minutes, getting their hopes up. :sad: :madwife:

:lol:

sami0201 said:
Crap Mucca can you please edit your post with my question?? I'm the only class taking that tomorrow and this is reason to get suspended/expelled. :lol:

Not like any of my teachers read this :shifty: But you can never be too sure! :laugh:

Done :D
Guess I should edit my other post then eh..

Nope :lol:

Drea said:

:lol: Well it's always in the 90's (F) here and they are never out. :shrug: I guess it's because we're used to it.

Back
Top Bottom