Pleban Girl's Party - Spring starts with our heartbeats pounding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dianepm said:
you do realize that one of my biggest fears is actually getting up in front of three or more people and talking??

ok..here goes....

You like me! You really like me!! (sorry...channelling Sally Field there for a sec)

I couldn't have done this without all of you. Mainly because then I'd have been talking to myself :D.
I'm exactly the same way... but it's much easier online :D

:applaud: A most excellent speech... and we really do. :hug:

I'm not bad, got the day off for ANZAC Day... going to see a band tonight with a couple of friends. :up:

It's a bit depressing when the thread is so dead... How dare all these people go and get lives? :tsk:

:wink:

:giggle:

No, it's to commemorate the ANZACs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) landing in Gallipolli (Turkey) in WW I and getting slaughtered.
People sell badges to raise money for returned veterans and their families, and there are parades and stuff, although I don't think there are any WW I veterans left now.

There's a very good film called Gallipolli (featuring a very young Mel Gibson) about the whole thing. It was unbelievably tragic and such a waste of life. Some of those military commanders should have been shot. :mad:

Whoops, sorry. There's a documentary on TV that's got me all pissed off. :reject:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Galipolli!!!!

:reject: sometimes, when I'm about to run, I remember the guy from the movie: How fast you gonna run? Fast as a leopard.

I'm a dork.

nope...didn't snow at all...rained a little I think.

Not sure...I was sleeping.

I have to get up early (12 noon) tomorrow. I'm working the municipal election and I have to go to a stupid training session tomorrow. I really hope I don't end up working with someone who will annoy me.

Rage, fury, irritation, humiliation. :grumpy:

So I went on break 45 minutes ago and reached for my iPod, and it was gone! So I, of course, started to FREAK OUT. That bastard's expensive and I finally got the stoopid thing to work! I searched my coat, my purse TWICE, my desk, the floor, EVERYWHERE. It was nowhere. So I told my Team Leader that it was missing and he called security for me. He told me to go downstairs to fill out an incident report. So I threw a tantrum in the elevator on the way to the security office. Walked in, the guy handed me the form to fill out... and sitting there in plain view, was the freakin' iPod. I told the guy never mind and showed him that I'm an idiot, threw another tantrum at myself on the elevator ride up, and showed my cube-mate that it was in fact in my purse the eintire time. After he watched me search it. :angry: There are no words for how embarrassing that was. Good thing I'm blonde and can get away with it. My cube-mate said it was my will to get it back that made it teleport back into my purse. I'm going with that explanation. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom